Is Wembley fit for purpose ?

Wembley is perfectly fit for purpose.

It provides a place where 80,000 people can gather paying ridiculous prices for the privilege of doing so. Ca-ching

It provides lots of networking hospitality for those who don’t mind the cost because someone else picks up the tab. Ca-ching

It is an iconic brand - and that sells product. Ca-ching

It is a central feature in a major redevelopment of the area - that is providing profits for someone. Ca-ching (Although I cant imagine wanting to live there and having your life regularly swamped by 80,000 people.)

The transport infrastructure seems to work. (I used to try and dodge around the queue into Wembley Park, but now just accept that it needs to be done)

Wembley is perfectly fit for purpose.

It provides a place where 80,000 people can gather paying ridiculous prices for the privilege of doing so. Ca-ching

It provides lots of networking hospitality for those who don’t mind the cost because someone else picks up the tab. Ca-ching

It is an iconic brand - and that sells product. Ca-ching

It is a central feature in a major redevelopment of the area - that is providing profits for someone. Ca-ching (Although I cant imagine wanting to live there and having your life regularly swamped by 80,000 people.)

The transport infrastructure seems to work. (I used to try and dodge around the queue into Wembley Park, but now just accept that it needs to be done)
And lots of local cafes do a roaring trade about a dozen times a season at least. I was going to add shops but they might suffer due to our light fingered brethren.
Local residents also earn a few bob hawking out their driveways to punters. The place I used for the final was about 15 minutes walk from the turnstiles and had five spaces on the drive at £15 a pop. It's not a fortune but costs nowt to set up and many places charge quite a bit more. Getting away can be a bit slow but not too bad if you don't try to get back to the A40/M40 or North Circ/M1 too early. Head north east towards Pinner and Rickmansworth and the M25 if you want to keep moving.
The new national stadium should have been built in the midlands, but there was a stadium sized hole in London and there was no chance of anything other than a rebuild on the same site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.