Is WW3 Literally Around The Corner

She didnt welcome it for that reason, like it is was a gift she embraced by fluke. the whole stupid thing was exactly to boost her flagging popularity
Summing up:
The Argentina military junta invaded the islands to try to overcome public disaffection.

The Islanders wanted to remain British. Still do. The war was right and necessary for their sake.

Thatcher took the chance to boost her popularity and it worked.

My dad was a miner and I hated Thatcher for what she did to them.

She gave the few thousand people of the Falklands what they had a right to and she denied millions of people at home what THEY had a right to.

(As an aside, i've wondered what Sergio thinks of the war, and Zabaleta too who became such an Anglophile.)

Can anyone get past the paywall ?

On my PC it is possible to do a quick copy and paste before the Telegraph's slightly slower paywall portcullis descends after about 10 seconds.

You end up with a lot of ads but they can be edited.

Worked for this article (which isn't that great - you haven't missed much) and a Telegraph book review.

So you may want to give it a try.

Yeah, especially with climate change happening. There will be more mass immigration and less resources to go around...leading to more wars. Enjoy what we have now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.