Is Yaya already an All Time City Great?

the blue panther said:
Definitely 'No.'
He fails to stay in position as a holding midfielder, evidenced by scoring far too many goals. We were sold a bum steer, and looking back, someone should be prosecuted under the trade descriptions act.
Get rid I say, and use some of the fee received to buy in some comedy, like Phil Jones.

Of course he is lol. He was a club legend after the FA Cup Final goal, let alone now. He's been a vital cog and an exceptional player in one of the club's greatest ever periods. If he's not a club legend, nobody is.

jimbopm said:
All that I already would have mentioned myself has been posted by various people.

What I am surprised no-one mentions is that he:

- does not dive
- does not cheat
- does not get sent off,
- does not feign injury or want substituting
- is a model professional
- interviews well
- put's the team first
- does not appear in unsavoury tabloid stories.

Absolutely phenomenal player.

Without a doubt... one of the best ever!

Damocles said:
The answer to this question is the same as the answer to yours:

In 25 years time will you be telling your great/grand/kids stories about him?

Reading this made me think how many times I'll be saying to my grandkids "then Kolarov scored a brilliant free kick". Yaya is pushing him for that though, now.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Quagmire blue said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:
Yaya Toure is the correct answer to that old thought experiment of having 11 of one particular player to win the league with. i daresay that 11 Yayas would walk the league and no other team comprised of 11 duplicates would be within shouting distance by January (except the team of 11 Zabaletas).
You wouldn't get the ball off 11 Silvas!

You'd struggle to score because none of them can shoot.

11 Silvas won't need to shoot... They'd just walk in to net :)

When he does finish at City, I think he will be up their with our greats. He is basically the heartbeat of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.