Is Yaya already an All Time City Great?

KippaxCitizen said:
so that will be making us a lot of money in merchandise sales.

Curious - how is that relevant to whether or not he's an All Time City Great ?

BillyShears said:
KippaxCitizen said:
so that will be making us a lot of money in merchandise sales.

Curious - how is that relevant to whether or not he's an All Time City Great ?
I suppose it isn't directly, but i was more leaning that towards him being a catalyst in taking the club forward which is part of him becoming a City great. It's not just about on the pitch.

I reckon he could be a deciding factor when players are mulling over putting pen to paper with us too, which makes us better as a team and club, all adding up to pushing us forward as a club.

samharris said:
Blue Til Death said:
He's a great player without any doubt and he has had a few great seasons for us too, when you compare him too people like Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Frannie Lee, Alan Oakes, Mike Summerbee etc etc. He has not really started on his road to City glory yet and although he will always be remembered as a great City player, I don't think he will become an all time City great. Just my opinion as an old twat with high City Player standards ;-)
blimey your standards are high..I bet you,ve left a couple of old bints crying in loos at the derby and joan.. ;)

Indeed I have sam, I suppose its hard for me to take the bell, lee, Corrigan, oakes, etc. tinted specs off.. Whatever happens though I wont be complaining either way, he's a fantastic player and its pure pleasure watching him destroy midfields and defences in two or three strides...Ah what the fuck, he will be a City legend, I'm wrong!!!

I don't see how we could NOT class him as an all-time great. Not just for the player he is, but what he's done already.

THAT goal in the semi-final of the FA Cup. The winning goal in the final and our first silverware in a generation. The two goals at Newcastle in the penultimate game of the Championship winning season.

We're lucky that he's with us.

The Flash said:
I don't see how we could NOT class him as an all-time great. Not just for the player he is, but what he's done already.

THAT goal in the semi-final of the FA Cup. The winning goal in the final and our first silverware in a generation. The two goals at Newcastle in the penultimate game of the Championship winning season.

one of his goals that sticks out for me as well was that 40 yard piledriver v stoke away in the title winning season, 88 points would have been a killer

aguero93:20 said:
The Flash said:

one of his goals that sticks out for me as well was that 40 yard piledriver v stoke away in the title winning season, 88 points would have been a killer

These for me stickout as well as obviously the wembley goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.