Is Zabaleta the most passionate City player ever?

There is some footage on youtube of that day and Mike Doyle walking through the rag shit. Every other player did one sharpish but not Doyle he ran from no man. Trust me he was the one City player who the rags hated with a passion. He was on record of saying how much he hated them, he made no bones about it, they would have happily killed him. Well they had their chance but not one of them had the bollocks to try it. The footage doesn't show it but they started to mob up and get ready to attack and he just glared at them, in fact I am sure he gave them the ''Come on then'' signs with his hands. They moved aside and he walked off. Mike Doyle bled City to the core. Zabba is probably the closest we have had similar to him since. Mike Summerbee was not a man to be messed with either.

I once said to Mike Doyle "Mike, talk me through the time you launched the newspaper down the aisle of the plane and shouted "I hate those red bastards!""
He just smiled

I once said to Mike Doyle "Mike, talk me through the time you launched the newspaper down the aisle of the plane and shouted "I hate those red bastards!""
He just smiled

I think his whole family were Blues and his dad a copper. He was a City fan living the dream and one hard man in a game full of them at the time.

Always loved Zaba, when he first was here and not really playing, when he came on he was always 100%
Defo one of the most passionate I've seen, remember him slump against the post when Van Persie scored free kick. Looked like his heart had been ripped out

Legend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.