Is Zabaleta the weak link?

Gaylord du Bois said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
The problem with Zab is that Bobby trusts him and now that we're champions certain people are looking for another angle to usurp the manager on here.
Hahaha trusts him so much he bought another right back ;-)
He bought a right back to cover our most versatile player?
Tut tut. You're bitterness has announced its arrival with just 35 games to go.
Come on fella wake up and smell the cognac. These are the good times.

He is just upset that he imaginary boyfriend was at the ground today but not in the home managers dug-out.

andyhinch said:
Gets tin hat but silva just now

You're correct in that Silva (and Nasri) don't give their fullbacks enough protection, and it necessitates us either having a DM move across to help, leaving space in the middle or getting overloaded on that wing.

But, on the other hand, he's David fucking Silva, he can play wherever he wants and we can work around it.

As far as Zab goes; excellent player going forward, not as sharp defensively and has a penchant for pressing the man far too early, leaving a gap behind him. Good player though and good to have in the squad. I enjoy listening to his quasi-Manc accent in interviews.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
The problem with Zab is that Bobby trusts him and now that we're champions certain people are looking for another angle to usurp the manager on here.

Maicon has made 24 assists in the past 3 years.
Zab has made 3.

I imagine Mancini bought Maicon to replace Zab in the RB spot.

bobmcfc said:
zabaletabanner.jpg

Just get out ;)

love it

Didsbury Dave said:
antspider said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yes, he's a hugely prolific goal scorer and creator of chances. Always beating the fullback and getting to the line is our zab. Those pacy pullBacks and whipped in crosses are the scourge of defences across the land.
Never scores in important matches like against QPR get your coat
prolific
Apologies if I'm coming in to this too late and to be fair having not read the entire thread, I might be doing you a disservice, however (with that caveat out of the way)...

Are you questioning Zaba's inclusion in the team as a defender as he is not a prolific goalscorer? What is it you are looking for in a defender? I mean the lad, whilst certainly no Ashley Cole, he is a consummate professional, always gives his very best, is tough as old boots and is actually reading the game better than ever. Still prone to the odd mistake, but show me a player who isn't. He is exactly the type of player that is invaluable in every squad and does the work of covering a number of positions.

That's why he is so highly regarded by his team mates and a substantial chunk of the fans. Never spits his dummy out, keeps his head down, keeps on working, says all the right things, does all the right things.

ballymunblue1 said:
He does'nt get enough cover from midfield especially when Silva plays.

Silva is the weak link, defensively. Not his fault a such. May actually help if Zabba holds a higher line.

Fuck off lol, silly thread.

Kolarov is the weak link and so is dzeko in terms of our build up play, although he does score which is good obviously.

Damocles said:
andyhinch said:
Gets tin hat but silva just now

You're correct in that Silva (and Nasri) don't give their fullbacks enough protection, and it necessitates us either having a DM move across to help, leaving space in the middle or getting overloaded on that wing.

But, on the other hand, he's David fucking Silva, he can play wherever he wants and we can work around it.

As far as Zab goes; excellent player going forward, not as sharp defensively and has a penchant for pressing the man far too early, leaving a gap behind him. Good player though and good to have in the squad. I enjoy listening to his quasi-Manc accent in interviews.

-- Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

Maicon has made 24 assists in the past 3 years.
Zab has made 3.

I imagine Mancini bought Maicon to replace Zab in the RB spot.
You can put it in so many more words than me cheers

rubbish talk..kolarov and dzeko are a good team..better than mario..mario is a talent but has a shit load to learn..hes the baby of the bunch ..in the words of rappers delight

@ban mcfc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.