Isco (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isco is more than capable of being in a midfield 2 with a player who does little to no defensive work - he did it for long stretches of last season playing next to Kroos in a 442.

However I think if we got Isco, we'd line up with a front 3 of Silva-Aguero-Sterling, and a midfield of Fernandinho-Yaya-Isco. Similar to how we played Fernando-Yaya-Garcia in preseason. It would be a fairly big improvement defensively on playing Silva in midfield and KDB in the front 3.
A midfield 3 of offensively minded players like Isco, Merlin & Yaya' would see us totally over run, most weeks,by inferior opposition.

Still never mind the the balance of the team, as long as we get a crap terrace chant out of the deal eh

A midfield 3 of offensively minded players like Isco, Merlin & Yaya' would see us totally over run, most weeks,by inferior opposition.

Still never mind the the balance of the team, as long as we get a crap terrace chant out of the deal eh

You've put words in my mouth there, not once did I suggest we should ever line up like that. Perhaps try reading my comment again.

He'd need to be mightily pissed off at Real to want to leave. Even then, it's unlikely he'd come here unless MP signed a contract extension.

You've put words in my mouth there, not once did I suggest we should ever line up like that. Perhaps try reading my comment again.
Ok, Even if we had Yaya & Fernandinho as our two defensive DM's (Neither of whom is the greatest of tacklers), could you honestly see Silva & Isco working together as a pair, particularly when the opposition have the ball? (tracking back, et al).

I just think the two players are too similar to work with each other (not unlike Merlin & Nasri, who, in my view, we have never found a way to accomadate together in the same side)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.