Isco (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Sterling.

Nasri, Silva, KDB, Navas, Sterling and Isco is a bit excessive for me ( plus youth opportunities ). Of course Nasri and Navas could be moved on but at this !moment in time I feel we could do more with a Robben type player than an Isco one if we're looking at attacking options*.

*I rate Isco highly and was always my number 1 pick to replace Silva before KDB was signed.
Ha! I read that first quote wrong, thought he was saying he's better than one of Silva or KDB.
Personally I would be happy to see Nasri and Toure sold if it meant Isco coming in.
That would leave us with Fernando, Fernandinho and Delph as the more defensive midfielders and Silva, KDB, Isco,Navas and Sterling as the offensive options. That would leave us in a pretty healthy position for first team positions and that's before you take into account a couple of youngsters who are on the periphery.
It's certainly a position that we're going to have to give serious consideration to in the next couple of seasons.

Ha! I read that first quote wrong, thought he was saying he's better than one of Silva or KDB.
Personally I would be happy to see Nasri and Toure sold if it meant Isco coming in.
That would leave us with Fernando, Fernandinho and Delph as the more defensive midfielders and Silva, KDB, Isco,Navas and Sterling as the offensive options. That would leave us in a pretty healthy position for first team positions and that's before you take into account a couple of youngsters who are on the periphery.
It's certainly a position that we're going to have to give serious consideration to in the next couple of seasons.

It's easily done aha. That's actually interesting, I wonder if Isco could actually play in a deeper midfield role? I think he's definitely good enough, just positionally is he good enough? Would he accept it? If Txiki and Pellegrini( or a new manager ) could find a way to accommodate it and keep everyone happy then I'm all for it!

It's easily done aha. That's actually interesting, I wonder if Isco could actually play in a deeper midfield role? I think he's definitely good enough, just positionally is he good enough? Would he accept it? If Txiki and Pellegrini( or a new manager ) could find a way to accommodate it and keep everyone happy then I'm all for it!
I'm a huge fan of Isco and feel we could accommodate him in various positions. He's certainly talented and clever enough to adapt.
I think we've already seen the best of Nasri and to an extent Toure, though the latter still has it in his locker to do something special and change a game. That said he's not getting any younger and if we can win another couple of trophies this season Id happily wave him off with all my best and a thanks for everything.

If he is available I say sign him he would eventually replace Silva but in the short term perhaps we could get rid of Nasri and rotate enough without weakling the side to give all of our Stars game time

I'm a huge fan of Isco and feel we could accommodate him in various positions. He's certainly talented and clever enough to adapt.
I think we've already seen the best of Nasri and to an extent Toure, though the latter still has it in his locker to do something special and change a game. That said he's not getting any younger and if we can win another couple of trophies this season Id happily wave him off with all my best and a thanks for everything.

Ye Nasri's time is most likely coming to an end and Toure probably should be getting phased out during this season and into next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.