Isco

Malaga are a rich club now aren't they, why are they selling their best players and more importantly why don't they just splash out and buy Santa Cruz?
Would be great if He was involved in this deal though ( Santa Cruz + cash + buy out clause )

They were rich until the owner decided he didn't want to invest anymore which threatened to undo them this summer (Cazorla sale to Arsenal, Isco could have also been sold and Spurs made an attempt). They have stabilised again and the way things are going they could qualify from the CL group stages which means a real cash cow. However they will not be getting major backing from their owner anymore and as Isco has a buyout clause nothing can stop him leaving if a club swoops in. £17million is a justified risk, he and Thiago could well become the new Xavi and Iniesta pairing for Spain with Isco as the Iniesta.

LoveCity said:
They were rich until the owner decided he didn't want to invest anymore which threatened to undo them this summer (Cazorla sale to Arsenal, Isco could have also been sold and Spurs made an attempt). They have stabilised again and the way things are going they could qualify from the CL group stages which means a real cash cow. However they will not be getting major backing from their owner anymore and as Isco has a buyout clause nothing can stop him leaving if a club swoops in. £17million is a justified risk, he and Thiago could well become the new Xavi and Iniesta pairing for Spain with Isco as the Iniesta.

I see, I remember they got taken over and Tevez was apparently on their radar and they were being compared to us financially.. sounds promising, I sense another transfer Saga on the horizon hopefully we don't lose out on this one

Malaga was worst purchase in recent years..

There's just no chance to make that club enough big to justify big investments in it. Too small club, not attractive, without any "clicking" background and it gets much worse with Spanish football finance system.

I guess they were much cheaper option but any of Atletico/Sevilla/Valencia would be much, much better option in Spain. Atletico specially, it would be pretty much as easy to market as City are. But it would require City-like investment too.

Luckily for them, they got Pellegrini as manager and not Hughes so they needed just one wave of investment in playing squad.

This guy is going to be a star. We should get him asap. IMO he is better than Muniain and could is one of the best Spainish talents and that is saying something.

MSP said:

There's just no chance to make that club enough big to justify big investments in it. Too small club, not attractive, without any "clicking" background and it gets much worse with Spanish football finance system.

I guess they were much cheaper option but any of Atletico/Sevilla/Valencia would be much, much better option in Spain. Atletico specially, it would be pretty much as easy to market as City are. But it would require City-like investment too.

Luckily for them, they got Pellegrini as manager and not Hughes so they needed just one wave of investment in playing squad.

The owner Al-Thani bought Malaga and was going to totally redevelop the port of Marbella, he wanted to invest in the whole Malaga region. The Andalucian authorities blocked him with red tape and he saw his arse.

A malaga supporting mate said he invested in the club as a stepping stone to improving the region. Which by the way is on it's knees and bureaucrats turned him down.

I think those in power were scared of the foreign investment especially with them being muslim and past history of the region. Well that's my view.

Can't see how we would fit him in, we already have Nasri and Silva and it looks as if Mancini is moving away from last seasons formation by only playing one of them with Yaya further forward. Plus we have Saurez coming through who deserves a chance.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Can't see how we would fit him in, we already have Nasri and Silva and it looks as if Mancini is moving away from last seasons formation by only playing one of them with Yaya further forward. Plus we have Saurez coming through who deserves a chance.

Honestly I believe Isco can be a massive star and probably will have a better career than Suarez. That's not a dig at Suarez as I think he will be Silva's successor but shows how highly I rate Isco. I do believe that in a couple of years he can become a better player than Nasri. I watch him alot and I met a few people that support Malaga and they tell me that during the summer transfer window, all they were hoping for was that Isco doesn't get sold as he has massive potential. Isco is only 20 and could be a star for the team for 10 years whilst you have to take into account that Yaya is 28/29.

m7mcfc said:
MSP said:

The owner Al-Thani bought Malaga and was going to totally redevelop the port of Marbella, he wanted to invest in the whole Malaga region. The Andalucian authorities blocked him with red tape and he saw his arse.

A malaga supporting mate said he invested in the club as a stepping stone to improving the region. Which by the way is on it's knees and bureaucrats turned him down.

I think those in power were scared of the foreign investment especially with them being muslim and past history of the region. Well that's my view.

That's another thing.. As sports only investment it would be stupid one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.