Isco

Re: Isco (Part 8 (weekend saga part 3))

tonycunninghamsbonce said:
PB has banned me before for nothing. I'm pure blue for 40 plus years and if i want my say i'll have it. if ya don't like it , tough.

You must also remember this is not a democracy and we are here as guests of the owner.
An educated guess tells me this site makes maybe 40 quid a week which will cover bw costs and leave a couple of quid in the kitty which always gets lobbed into a charity when some push pops up for one i think.

I know Ric well enough to know he won't be sipping champagne courtesy of the site.
You need a mega amount of visitors to cash in via the method you mention aka site hits.

Look at say thepiratebay.org and you get the picture what kind of traffic you need to even consider living/earning of it.

Back on topic has he signed yet ?

oldius said:
I've followed this transfer more closely than any other and I once thought we always wanted the same thing. It seems some are desperate for the supposed ITK's among us to fail despite it being great for the team.

I have no connection to any of the ITK's on the site and I don't know who they are beyond their bluemoon names but, when they post that things are positive for us, I sure as hell want them to be right. Poking fun at someone who is prepared to stick their neck out is like the schoolground knob shouting "fight, fight, fight" at the back of the baying crowd.

Until it's official I say "COME ON CITY!"

Well said this blue. :o)

oldius said:
I've followed this transfer more closely than any other and I once thought we always wanted the same thing. It seems some are desperate for the supposed ITK's among us to fail despite it being great for the team.

I have no connection to any of the ITK's on the site and I don't know who they are beyond their bluemoon names but, when they post that things are positive for us, I sure as hell want them to be right. Poking fun at someone who is prepared to stick their neck out is like the schoolground knob shouting "fight, fight, fight" at the back of the baying crowd.

I'd have to do some quick research to jog memory but I'd say this may be the worst thread in blue moon history.

Prestwich_Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
How do you know what we have or haven't bid? I certainly don't and neither do you. Perhaps we matched it but he just prefers to go to Madrid. Perhaps he'll still come to us.

If we have matched it mate I think he will come to us.

Put yourself in Isco's shoes, it would be career suicide going to Real at this moment in my career.

He still needs to develop and be under the wing of a manager who knows and understands him and will be patient with him.

Madrid want ready made superstars for success now, they don't have time to develop players in the meantime as their expectations are ridiculous.

Watching Malaga last season showed us Isco had his good games and and bad games, he is still developing, and I don't think going to Madrid will help him become the player he wants to be.

He declared it was game time he wanted before the euros competition, I guarantee he would have more at City.

Look at Madrid as well, if they get their targets this Summer in Suarez and Bale to name just some, they will look like this:

-----Suarez---
Ronaldo-Ozil-Bale

Good luck to him getting the amount of game time he really wants in that side, plus he is fighting Di Maria, Modric, Callejon and Kaka.

I sound a bit angry and I apologise, but I hope you can see where I am coming from mate.
I know exactly what you're saying. But let's play devils advocate for a minute.

You've been made an offer by one of the most glamorous clubs in the world. You get to stay in Spain in a culture you're familiar with. You will have a top class manager. You're more likely to play for the national team playing for a Spanish club. You have a chance of playing in a CL final or semi final most seasons. The downside is there's lots of competition in your position.

If you go to City you play under a manager you know and trust plus you'll get plenty of games but the club is still very much in a development phase. We've never got out of the CL group phase. You're in an unfamiliar culture (although there are plenty of Spanish speakers). Perhaps you'd be tempted if we offered stupid money but we don't do that anymore.

City under Garry Cook would have had this sorted two or three weeks ago. You say we don't throw away silly money anymore? That depends on what you call silly. Sinclair was 'cheap', but the majority of fans will still say his price tag was silly. The same may be said of Garcia and Maicon. And these players were signed during a period of restraint, the same restraint that many will say cost us Hazard and RVP [though in my own opinion, neither player, were signings I would have wanted]. And would we say that talk of £60m for Bale or £80m for Ronaldo is silly? Maybe, or maybe not. It's all relative in what we see in a player, and if Isco is THE star of the future, then City should have bid to suit instead of wasting time in haggling over the odd couple of million thus allowing Real to get in on our perceived lack of interest in dealing with a struggling club. All that is going to happen now if Isco does turn us down is that our fans are going to get as critical with the backroom boys as they did last year with Marwood, and they may panic and then spend 'really silly money' on lesser players again.

rastus said:
jrb said:
It's going to be mayhem on here if Isco does sign for Madrid.

Mi thinks Ric and the MODS need to be on top form for a few days.

However.

Come the start of the season against Newcastle, and when the first whistle is blown, hand on heart, how many of you will think about Isco?
The mayhem is now, if we don't get him the mayhem will move onto the next tarrget and isco will be a distant memory

Like that Cav, Cava, Cavani or something like that, cant remember his name just now, it was so long ago.

DiscoSteve said:
has this been posted
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/manchesterisb/posts/272120319596556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/manchesterisb/p ... 0319596556</a>
Manchester is Blue MCFC & Man City Supporters · 179 like this.
32 minutes ago ·
Manchester City manager unhappy with Isco and Real Madrid after thinking agreement was already made
https://www.facebook.com/manchesterisb
#mcfc
#mcfcnews
#manchesterisblue
Last week Spanish broadsheet El Confidencial claimed that Isco had agreed to join Manchester City because of his close relationship with the club's new manager Manuel Pellegrini, among other things. It was good news for the Premier League club and their fans and we said at the time:

'El Confidencial claim that the presence of Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain at Manchester City has given Isco a sense of stability and it's swung things their way.

They say the player's father and representatives held a meeting with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu three weeks ago and at that point he was closer to joining the Spanish side, but Manchester City must have got to him since then and his relationship with Manuel Pellegrini is a big part of Isco's future career decision too.

He would be likely to get more game time under a manager who knows and trusts him, rather than in the Madrid political cauldron. Next year he'll hope to be in Spain's World Cup squad for Brazil and much of his decision is based on how he can best progress his career rather than simply looking for the best financial package. The confirmation that Pellegrini will be in charge of Manchester City would appear to have given Isco added confidence to make the leap to England, if El Confidencial are correct.'

El Confidencial now say that Real Madrid learned of the amount Manchester City had agreed to pay and simply bettered it to both Malaga and the player. Malaga have been offered €27m by the side from the Spanish capital and unless Manchester City do something about it quickly then he'll be going there instead.

Isco has always insisted that the best deal for Malaga was important to him and that's beside the point to a certain degree, because unless anyone meets his release clause the club can accept and decline any offer they want. It doesn't matter if they've already agreed with Manchester City in principal, if Real Madrid offer more then they get the player, it's a simple as that. Real Madrid could simply be hitting back on the deal in the same way Manchester City did over the last couple of weeks.

The newspaper say that Pellegrini is angry because he thought the deal was done and Isco was all set to join him at Manchester City. El Confidencial say that Manchester City spent the last week finalising a deal, as far as they thought, only for Real Madrid to hit the red button and offer more to all parties. Isco is stated as being a specific request of Pellegrini to Manchester City but he's a player Real Madrid couldn't just sit by and watch sign for someone else. They'd have rather waited until Ancelotti was appointed but Manchester City's moves to close the deal made them panic, and this is the result.

The Premier League club have a very small window now to move back in, even if they want to. The way it's been handled may mean they walk away entirely.
Not a single quote or named source as to where the info is from = made up.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
rastus said:
jrb said:
It's going to be mayhem on here if Isco does sign for Madrid.

Mi thinks Ric and the MODS need to be on top form for a few days.

However.

Come the start of the season against Newcastle, and when the first whistle is blown, hand on heart, how many of you will think about Isco?
The mayhem is now, if we don't get him the mayhem will move onto the next tarrget and isco will be a distant memory

Like that Cav, Cava, Cavani or something like that, cant remember his name just now, it was so long ago.

Caravani mate.

oldius said:

If another Blue told you in the pub some of the ITK stuff you see on here you wouldnt tell them to f... off. Yet strangely people believe it to be acceptable on the Internet.

I'm generally optimistic on transfers, but even I'm accepting that he's off to Madrid now.

After hearing the news that Pellegrini wants to keep Nasri, I didn't think we really needed to strengthen in that area but would have made an exception for Isco as I rate him so highly.

We could possibly do with someone who can play on the left, perhaps to add some balance if Pelle doesn't fancy playing 4-2-2-2 at some point.

If not, if we can shift one of our current central midfielders, I'd prefer a deep-lying midfielder. Illarramendi was ace last year for la Real and not far behind Isco in the U21s, for me. Obviously, Sociedad don't need to sell but I feel we'd almost have the perfect balance among our midfielders then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.