Isco

BlueAnorak said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
One thing that does make me nervous is that I'd forgotten we had a bit of a stand off with Malaga over Pellegrini himself. Didn't we force them to pay his outstanding wages?

So they'll take our money if the price is right but they won't do us any favours I suspect. I reckon that's what was behind their owner's quote about preferring him to go to a Spanish club. So I'm wondering if Isco would like to come here but Malaga are playing hard-ball. Even beginning to wonder if Malaga have set the Madrid thing up either to screw us for more money to recoup their losses on Pellegrini or simply just to piss us off.

That's the story from a former workmate in Spain whose family are pretty well connected in Spanish football administration.
Most importantly, Isco does not want to leave Malaga out of pocket. As a fan of Malaga it's more important to him than anything - even going to work with Pellegrini (who he respects). My former workmate goes further and say's that:
1. Pellegrini is not very happy with City over the whole affair - he won't say anything in public and would deny it if challenged but It's certainly not what he was promised.
2. We could have sown the whole thing up the day after the end of the season. But Txiki and Ferran are too concerned penny pinching to do so - first with Pellegrini then with Isco's deal - the Amigos wanted the deal to happen during the transfer window (which officially starts next Monday). The handling has annoyed Isco and his advisors and given Madrid their chance.

Don't shoot the messenger I'm just reporting what I've been told.

I wonder if they're trying to split our spending for Fern + Navas and Isco into two seperate financial periods or reports so that our financial figures are massaged, thus they're trying to drag this deal out till next week so it doesn't get added on to the 2 previous deals?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
There are things to consider here. Isco having a preference does not mean he has signed anything in writing, it could go from a verbal agreement to a handshake or not even that. From the way things have been reported there is no mention of a pre-contract agreement or anything like that to suggest a deal being done with him, just that there were talks and he responded positively to them.

So as much as there have been discussions to convince him to come there will also have been contract negotiations with him and his agent in the past week or so. As we know from past experience these can take days, maybe even weeks as every fine detail has to be covered and agreed upon. What seems like a positive reaction can change when getting down to nitty gritty details. Basic wage, bonuses, length of contract, yearly triggers in the contract, release clauses, image rights, sponsorship and merchandise requirements these all have to be considered and agreed upon. Before the U21s Madrid were not a noisy factor in this, now they are.

We also have to deal with Malaga. Pellegrini seemed to take a while to be sorted and the same may happen here, it could be the way they want to do business with us. We will have had to have agreed a deal with them, a payment structure and if we have it will be along Madrid's rate. This all takes time and is serious stuff, it's not just "Please make your mind up Isco".

Once we reach the stage of 2 contracts being agreed upon in principle, which I think from the reports sounds like it could only have happened this weekend if at all yet, then Isco has some life and career changing decisions to make. He's a year out from a world cup. Now unless several players ahead of him in the queue get injured then it's unlikely he'll go, so he has to look at 2018, 5 years away, probably the end of his first contract at his new club.

He has a big decision to make. Does he come to City, in England, and risk leaving Spain to prove himself as a first team regular. Does he immerse himself in an entirely different culture, and leave his familiarity of home, maybe his family and definately his friends behind? Let's not ignore the fact that many of his friends are Barca B, Madrid, Ex-Madrid or Castilla players and that will have a large sway in his decision as he will want to feel comfortable where he's living. Yes we have Spanish speakers but how well does Isco know them and are they the same age group? No, not really.

If he comes here he plays regularly but has the above to think about. He also has to think about his career aims, will he, like Silva, be overlooked by Spain for not playing at Madrid or Barca? Will he think that the young lads coming through at those two teams will get preference because they're at the two Spanish giants? He may have to sit on the bench at times in Madrid but he will have strong self belief as he's a talented player so will believe he's good enough to step up there and earn his spot, and Madrid will give him that stage to shine, he'll be at an elite club and at some point in his career he may feel he wants to play at either Barca or Real, and with Barca's policy it will be easier for him to go to Madrid.

If he gets to 1 year left on his contract here is he going to want to go home? If he really wants to play for one of those clubs is it wise moving here? He has an offer on the table now to go there and if he comes here and his stock rises further will the Spanish giants ever be able to agree a deal with us especially as we become an elite club with them? It will be more difficult, so he has to factor in how he wants his career to pan out. Knowing how Txiki made sure Navas was happy to come here by forcing all the negatives about Manchester and England on him and judging his responses, maybe Isco doesn't want that on reflection. Perhaps he wants to have a nice, Spanish lifestyle in the capital playing for one of the top two teams, you can't begrudge him that career and life choice.

He has a very difficult decision, probably the biggest one he'll ever make so no surprise if he takes his time and errs on the cautious side.

Top post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WFNbMohTQ[/youtube]

Ray78 said:
I would be more optimistic if he refuses to speak to Marca. It is definitely the end as far as I am concerned. No use slating City or Isco.
When the deal is confirmed then it's over.

At the moment we don't know what he will decide. Unless you are a mind-reader, or you are really close to Isco or the deal

99% of the talk coming out of Spain is speculative

If the problem is the fee, it sounds very poor by the club. For a top prospect going for around 30 mill euros it seems decent. If we cannot manage to match madrids offer for him, it is disappointing. In todays climate it is not even that massive an amount and the fact is he is only 21 and will improve. Unless there are some underlying big costs for him then I really do not see any reason we could not match madrid and then go from there.

M24 Citizen said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
There are things to consider here. Isco having a preference does not mean he has signed anything in writing, it could go from a verbal agreement to a handshake or not even that. From the way things have been reported there is no mention of a pre-contract agreement or anything like that to suggest a deal being done with him, just that there were talks and he responded positively to them.

So as much as there have been discussions to convince him to come there will also have been contract negotiations with him and his agent in the past week or so. As we know from past experience these can take days, maybe even weeks as every fine detail has to be covered and agreed upon. What seems like a positive reaction can change when getting down to nitty gritty details. Basic wage, bonuses, length of contract, yearly triggers in the contract, release clauses, image rights, sponsorship and merchandise requirements these all have to be considered and agreed upon. Before the U21s Madrid were not a noisy factor in this, now they are.

We also have to deal with Malaga. Pellegrini seemed to take a while to be sorted and the same may happen here, it could be the way they want to do business with us. We will have had to have agreed a deal with them, a payment structure and if we have it will be along Madrid's rate. This all takes time and is serious stuff, it's not just "Please make your mind up Isco".

Once we reach the stage of 2 contracts being agreed upon in principle, which I think from the reports sounds like it could only have happened this weekend if at all yet, then Isco has some life and career changing decisions to make. He's a year out from a world cup. Now unless several players ahead of him in the queue get injured then it's unlikely he'll go, so he has to look at 2018, 5 years away, probably the end of his first contract at his new club.

He has a big decision to make. Does he come to City, in England, and risk leaving Spain to prove himself as a first team regular. Does he immerse himself in an entirely different culture, and leave his familiarity of home, maybe his family and definately his friends behind? Let's not ignore the fact that many of his friends are Barca B, Madrid, Ex-Madrid or Castilla players and that will have a large sway in his decision as he will want to feel comfortable where he's living. Yes we have Spanish speakers but how well does Isco know them and are they the same age group? No, not really.

If he comes here he plays regularly but has the above to think about. He also has to think about his career aims, will he, like Silva, be overlooked by Spain for not playing at Madrid or Barca? Will he think that the young lads coming through at those two teams will get preference because they're at the two Spanish giants? He may have to sit on the bench at times in Madrid but he will have strong self belief as he's a talented player so will believe he's good enough to step up there and earn his spot, and Madrid will give him that stage to shine, he'll be at an elite club and at some point in his career he may feel he wants to play at either Barca or Real, and with Barca's policy it will be easier for him to go to Madrid.

If he gets to 1 year left on his contract here is he going to want to go home? If he really wants to play for one of those clubs is it wise moving here? He has an offer on the table now to go there and if he comes here and his stock rises further will the Spanish giants ever be able to agree a deal with us especially as we become an elite club with them? It will be more difficult, so he has to factor in how he wants his career to pan out. Knowing how Txiki made sure Navas was happy to come here by forcing all the negatives about Manchester and England on him and judging his responses, maybe Isco doesn't want that on reflection. Perhaps he wants to have a nice, Spanish lifestyle in the capital playing for one of the top two teams, you can't begrudge him that career and life choice.

He has a very difficult decision, probably the biggest one he'll ever make so no surprise if he takes his time and errs on the cautious side.

I will tell you now. I cannot be arsed reading that.
Hahaha brew screen.

richards30 said:
Come on blues, remember the last 2 years......we fight to the end, we fight to the end! We're Manchester city and we fight to the end! #together.

Far too poistive for a Govagh! Just be "hopeful" like us Spaniards!

Lets face it, no one has a clue what's going on and the media are clutching at straws. Won't believe he's gone until I see him in holding up a Real shirt in the Bernabeu.

mattyctid said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Part of me thinks that it's all over and we should just give up but the other half is telling me that there is still a lot more to come in this 'saga'. Am I just clutching straws or is anybody else like this?

Its over id say. if this was the other way round and khaldoon said what perez has said we'd all be confident he was ours.

Who is this mythical "we" as in "we should give up"

Is the club taking advice from the transfer forum?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.