Isco

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
All of the papers, even the serious ones, are reporting that a). Pellegrini has given up on Isco and b). shelved plans to sign Cavani - suggests a briefing from the club when they all post similar info with their own wording. Tolmie?

BTW they all say City are unconcerned Isco chose Real and are happy with the summer window so far.
You pay too much attention to these newspapers - they just print the consensus view

If you don't believe the club briefs the newspapers, you really are naive. They do frequently and when all the stories are consistent with each other that suggests a briefing.

The Indy says we won't sign an Isco alternative and will give Nasri a chance.

Tolmie specifically said there hadn't been one.

Fuck sake. Dick-slapped by those spanish rag bastards.

I don't even want to contemplate the amount of hours I have spent searching/reading Isco articles, Isco's next club odds and these threads. Quickly losing faith.

The transfer I've wanted most this summer since before Xmas :(

Marvin said:
Provisional Spain squad for Confederations Cup

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Victor Valdés (Barcelona) Pepe Reina (Liverpool/ENG)

Defenders: César Azpilicueta (Chelsea/ENG), Sergio Ramos, Raul Albiol, Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Jordi Alba, Gerard Piqué (Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal/ENG)

Midfielders: Xavi Hernandez, Cesc Fabregas, Andrés Iniesta, Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich/GER), Javi Garcia (Manchester City/ENG), Benat Etxebarria (Real Betis) Santi Cazorla (Arsenal/ENG), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Juan Mata (Chelsea/ENG)

Forwards: Pedro, David Villa (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City/ENG), Jesus Navas (Sévilla), Fernando Torres (Chelsea/ENG), Roberto Soldado (Valencia)
I would be surprised if you didnt know Garcia was dropped for the actual squad, (still not too shabby!)

I can't help but think that we already have enough players of the Isco mold!

For me, Isco is not important. The best signing we can make this sumer is to sign up Tevez to stay for another 3 years and concentrate all our efforts now on a footballing centre half.

A quick glance at our squad sees that we currently have

3 Keepers
8 Defenders
11 Midfielders
4 Forwards

Of those players currently listed we can get rid of Maicon, Sinclair and Razak without any weakening of our squad. That would leave us with 22 players.

I would like to see a footballing Centre Half and the promotion of Lopez and Rekik to 1st team duty on a more regular basis.

That would give us a balance squad without the problems of trying to find adequate game time for a midfield heavy bunch of superstars, who after a couple of appearances on the bench would be in revolt and looking to leave at the next window.

LoveCity said:
All of the papers, even the serious ones, are reporting that a). Pellegrini has given up on Isco and b). shelved plans to sign Cavani - suggests a briefing from the club when they all post similar info with their own wording. Tolmie?

BTW they all say City are unconcerned Isco chose Real and are happy with the summer window so far.

just seen your tweets just now regarding Dzeko and Nasri.

this is old news, I've posted it about 3 weeks ago and looks like the media finally got a piece of it. Pellegrini made it clear from the 1st meeting that he wants to keep them both.

I've always thought that Nasri would get a chance under Pellegrini. I was hoping we would reinforce with Isco though.

I think I just gave up on us signing Isco.
Kinda bummed about that, but what the hell, I'm sure Txiki and Manuel will build a formidable squad over the summer.

I will get mocked here but if you play Nasri in the right position and with very good man management you will get a more effective player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.