Isco

Chippy_boy said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Thiago now then?

He's more or less a U*d player now isn't he?

Like Isco was more or less a City player. Why don't we do a Madrid on them? At least put in a ridiculously high bid and force the price up if nothing else.
It won't force the price up. His clause is 18m. Any bid that is 18m or more is accepted and then its down to the player.

Also lol at the Txiki bashing. I guess you all know exactly what happened and every fine detail to come to the conclusion he is inept? Or are you just going off the fact he doesn't play for us?

kp789 said:
Big Dave Watson said:
kp789 said:
Beat me to it.

We need to take a step back and realise we are not on the same level as Barca and Madrid just yet.

But the fact we were very close and ran Madrid to the line shows that we are getting there. We are certainly starting to become a formidable force both on and off the pitch.

Yes, but Tixi and Feran were employed to bridge that gap and their first big test appears to have been failed miserably.
To an extent, there is only so much they can do.
Just imagine a young English player who plays for Fulham and a pre-financial crisis Malaga approach him to become the Fulcrum of their new project.

The boy sees the chance of CL football & decides, 'yes, I'm having some of that' and then at the 11th hour ManUre step in and offer the said players club more money & offers the player higher wages to stay in his home country & join the premier team in their top league. That's what we're up against.

As one poster put it a few days ago, Man City v Real is like Swansea v Man City..... No competition really. BUT there's a caveat for Isco...... Look at Sinclair! Top dog for Swansea, not even bench warmer for City.

Source: Marca
(translated)

Zidane 'signed' Isco

He decided to go to Manchester City

'Zizou' called for the European Under 21

He took the idea that Madrid did not play, he said it will be important for Ancelotti and that Madrid is Madrid.

Hugo Cerezo. Istanbul 06.24.13 - 20:52.

Real Madrid has managed to convince Isco for the Malaga dismiss the possibility of going to Manchester City and end up signing for the club. The culprit is, above all, the insistence of Zinedine Zidane in his recruitment.

The French called Madrid player directly to the future, for the past 21 Under Israel , to change his mind. He took the idea that Madrid did not play, he said it will be important for Ancelotti and that Madrid is Madrid. There Isco started sleeping on it a change of plans. Because his decision to leave the City was taken.

Before, Zidane had already done the same with Florentino Perez. The eternal 5 Madrid spoke with the president and let him see that the lad was a priority hiring. Initially, the chief executive of the Real Madrid did not see it at all clear.

Strategic Transfer
To his closest Florentino told them he had many midfielders on the computer. But the right hand to be Carlo Ancelotti on white bench also made him change his mind. Zizou he argued that Isco is a strategic signing, which has enormous potential and, moreover, is Spanish. And Real Madrid not only have to play the best foreign national but also the best.

In the club bothered his move because it was known that the footballer had it almost done with Manchester City , with the Madrid keeps exceptional relationships. Pellegrini, the new coach citizen, also had played his cards and had promised to start. That factor Isco had convinced to leave with his former coach in Malaga for England.

Nacho, Carvajal and Morata, key in hiring
In addition to the call of Zidane and other important men in Real Madrid, the club had three key pieces in this contract, three players who lobbied the style of which need to be Madrid 2020 Olympic Games. Were Nacho, Carvajal and Morata, especially the striker, who shared a room with him in the European past Israel.

As stated in youth slang, ate her ear . So much so that in the end the white guy accepted the offer, you might even be better than it was in the City. A contract to which you can not say no.

Both Malaga Alvaro like speaking publicly acknowledged the issue and striker tried to convince his team-mate to sign for Madrid. Both are friends, have been playing together for years, since they were summoned to the selection when they were 15 years old. Now share first team dressing room.

The key point here is that it appears he agreed to join us. So that I sense is where the real frustration lies. No shame in losing a player to Madrid but for him to agree to join us and then change his mind after us losing top targets last summer is a bit worrying

There are a bunch of immature, clueless, aggressive, mard arse, disrespectful and stupid posters in this thread who quite evidently haven't got a scooby about what they're talking about.

These posters just sulk and woman because they don't get what they want. They moan because they have lost sight of who we are and where we came from. They think just because our owner is rich, and because we have won a single league title and FA Cup that we have the right to buy who we want, that everyone should just want to come here and other clubs should bow down and sell us who we want to buy. These fans are being rags.

Txiki and Ferran are consummate professionals, and they are excellent at what they do. This does not make them messiahs. There is one quite colossal difference between their roles at Barca and City and that is that they now have to work at a club with a far smaller global reputation and less appeal than what they had behind them at Barca. They've been here less than a year and they are already making huge strides of progress, but if you honestly expect them to be able to persuade every great talent to come here then you are foolish at this stage, because they have far less to sell to these players than the likes of Real Madrid. Zidane can pick up a phone and sell 70 years of illustrious Madrid history, all the Champions Leagues, La Ligas and world class players that have been there (Himself, Figo, Beckham, the Ronaldos, Casillas, Di Stefano, Puskas, Raul etc. etc. etc.).

He can sell Madrid as the greatest club in the world, in the capital of the lad's home country and the dream club of at least 50% of every Spanish youngster. Txiki and Ferran have a club that at best has a tiny amount of that kind of history in comparison. We are a great club and we've had some success but when you're trying to sell this to foreign players it is nothing sadly in comparison to Real Madrid, very few clubs can stand up to that stature.

We tried our best and he was interested, but it seems at this stage and it's a perfectly fair conclusion that Madrid have more to offer him, at least on the surface, and it seems Zidane has done a superb job of selling him their club. That's not to say Txiki didn't either, because for Isco to even admit interest is enough to say we did a good selling job, the fact is at the moment Txiki has nowhere near as much behind him to sell at City as Zidane has at Madrid, and Txiki isn't the only person great at his job. This is Zidane you're talking about, a legendary attacking midfielder one that Isco can only dream of emulating, a legend. All the hard work that Txiki and Ferran have already done reshaping the club on and off the pitch is designed to put us on a par within 5 years within Real Madrid in everything except long term trophy cabinet, but that is something that will pale into insignificance once we can demonstrate we can compete at their level.

So to these frankly imbeciles blabbering on about how we've failed and moaning your arses off why not shut the fuck up, grow up, engage your brain and understand where we are at, what we're trying to do and where we are compared to the elite clubs in Europe. We're not there yet, and it's nothing to be ashamed about and it's certainly not a failure.

First comment after reading countless pages on this...unless I'm missing something he still hasn't signed for anyone? For me a good player but if we don't get him it doesn't effect my confidence for next season. Happy with the 2 signings which were exactly what was required and sorted quickly....fernandinho I reckon will be a bargain at whatever price we paid. The thing with isco is before the u21's he was a nice to have player but not essential, all that changed is a really good u21 tournament so not the end of the world if we lose out to RM...would be more annoyed if it was to a prem rival. Anyway until I see him in a RM shirt I still believe we can get him, but if not will move on and quickly.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
There are a bunch of immature, clueless, aggressive, mard arse, disrespectful and stupid posters in this thread who quite evidently haven't got a scooby about what they're talking about.

These posters just sulk and woman because they don't get what they want. They moan because they have lost sight of who we are and where we came from. They think just because our owner is rich, and because we have won a single league title and FA Cup that we have the right to buy who we want, that everyone should just want to come here and other clubs should bow down and sell us who we want to buy. These fans are being rags.

Txiki and Ferran are consummate professionals, and they are excellent at what they do. This does not make them messiahs. There is one quite colossal difference between their roles at Barca and City and that is that they now have to work at a club with a far smaller global reputation and less appeal than what they had behind them at Barca. They've been here less than a year and they are already making huge strides of progress, but if you honestly expect them to be able to persuade every great talent to come here then you are foolish at this stage, because they have far less to sell to these players than the likes of Real Madrid. Zidane can pick up a phone and sell 70 years of illustrious Madrid history, all the Champions Leagues, La Ligas and world class players that have been there (Himself, Figo, Beckham, the Ronaldos, Casillas, Di Stefano, Puskas, Raul etc. etc. etc.).

He can sell Madrid as the greatest club in the world, in the capital of the lad's home country and the dream club of at least 50% of every Spanish youngster. Txiki and Ferran have a club that at best has a tiny amount of that kind of history in comparison. We are a great club and we've had some success but when you're trying to sell this to foreign players it is nothing sadly in comparison to Real Madrid, very few clubs can stand up to that stature.

We tried our best and he was interested, but it seems at this stage and it's a perfectly fair conclusion that Madrid have more to offer him, at least on the surface, and it seems Zidane has done a superb job of selling him their club. That's not to say Txiki didn't either, because for Isco to even admit interest is enough to say we did a good selling job, the fact is at the moment Txiki has nowhere near as much behind him to sell at City as Zidane has at Madrid, and Txiki isn't the only person great at his job. This is Zidane you're talking about, a legendary attacking midfielder one that Isco can only dream of emulating, a legend. All the hard work that Txiki and Ferran have already done reshaping the club on and off the pitch is designed to put us on a par within 5 years within Real Madrid in everything except long term trophy cabinet, but that is something that will pale into insignificance once we can demonstrate we can compete at their level.

So to these frankly imbeciles blabbering on about how we've failed and moaning your arses off why not shut the fuck up, grow up, engage your brain and understand where we are at, what we're trying to do and where we are compared to the elite clubs in Europe. We're not there yet, and it's nothing to be ashamed about and it's certainly not a failure.

this really is for me the post of this thread,excellent JMW.

Reading the last few pages I can see why some other fans call us "bitter blues"

All this in-fighting really pisses me off, we are all entitled to our opinion but some of the foul mouthed comments made by supposedly fellow city fans against each other leaves me somewhat bemused.

As already mentioned on numerous occasions we simply do not have the pulling power of Real Madrid and I wish him well for the future.

We tried our best to sign him but failed its as simple as that, no-one is to blame.

Its time to move on, we have a fantastic squad and I do not think for one minute our transfer dealings in this window are finished.

well I wish Zidane would have kept his big fuking nose out of this!! twat.

whilst I cannot get hysterical about losing out in this transfer I agree with all the posts regarding losing out on yet another top transfer target, its worrying and ultimately shoddy work by the club. If the rumours are true that he had wanted to join us then why have we allowed this to happen? I know its Real Madrid but I though Pellegrini was his footballing "father", in which case what has gone on?

I think its embarrassing for the club and I can just hear the rags laughing their arses off at our expense.

Make no mistake, this is a huge loss to miss out on this kid, what a great player he is going to be, I am gutted but I guess onwards and upwards!

While he would of been great he won't win us the league.

We have the best squad in the league already, calm down!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.