Isco

dannyburns4 said:
blueparrot said:
zeven said:
It has nothing to do with that, its about how we lose out on them if we are to believe in the papers. And yes we have signed two great players but we will also lose our best player, Tevez so havent significently improved more than central midfield. What city need is new players coming in and bring some fire back to the squad some nye hunger.

Tevez was'nt even in the best 5 players last season
Tevez was one of our best players last season,top 3 at least!

The 4 defenders were all better last season to start with , Tevez scored 11 last season and from what I saw was one of the main culprits in slowing our attacks down. Yes he worked hard but can't beat his man or get into the box like he used to.

As it stands.

21st of June.

City have signed.

1.Fernandinho
2. Navas
3. May have lost out to Madrid on Isco.
4. Haven't sold a single player yet.
5. Not a disaster.
6*Note the date*.

LoveCity said:
itisrising said:
LoveCity said:
Not one of our rivals has made as many key signings as us yet. United have 0 (just a Uruguyan kid), Arsenal have 0, Chelsea have 1, Spurs have 0 (although Paulinho could be close). So even with the Isco setback, we're still ahead of the pack...

Man Utd look set to get Thiago Alcantara , Arsenal looking likely to get Higuain. 2 brilliant players and if you consider who they've been linked with, we are certainly behind that pack.

And for all you know we could be 'set to' sign a big name. The Thiago thing may take a while if it goes through at all, Barca are trying hard to keep him. BTW I'd bet money on Fernandinho having a bigger instant impact than Thiago. He is experienced and proven in the Champions League. Just not a 'flavour of the month' Spaniard... Oliver Torres and Sergi Samper could be as good as Thiago in a couple of years.

While they are still rumors ( Though according to some they are nailed on) you cannot have the attitude that we've signed this player therefore we are ahead of the rest because, like you have just mentioned, a transfer can happen like that. We need to bridge the gap between us and United after the RVP signing and ,despite how good Fernandinho and Navas are, we are still that little bit behind them. Last season, we didn't have a game-changer whilst United relied on RVP to help them escape from jail numerous occasions. I really feel that we need that marquee guy that can not only bring us the title, but also help us challenge in the Champions league stage.

nmc said:
rastus said:
ped said:
no body has cocked up ,it looks like he had a choice between madrid and city ,he chose real,why does there have to be a scapegoat,i f****ing dispare

Could be to do with the timing of RM intervention whilst we havent got a concrete option/ offer for Tevez. IMO a Tevez deal needs to be in place for us to increase our offer as I see Isco as his replacement.

This sounds like a return to the Swales era where we existed from hand to mouth. Are we seriously saying we can't get Isco until we get Tevez off the books.

Ha ha ... this is the best thing I've read during this momentous thread. You sir, are really, really, really a big, big knobhead!! Take a boo son, take boo!!

blueparrot said:
dannyburns4 said:
blueparrot said:
Tevez was'nt even in the best 5 players last season
Tevez was one of our best players last season,top 3 at least!

The 4 defenders were all better last season to start with , Tevez scored 11 last season and from what I saw was one of the main culprits in slowing our attacks down. Yes he worked hard but can't beat his man or get into the box like he used to.
My view too. Good in midfield where his workrate and vision is outstanding, but he just gets continually caught in possession in the penalty area as he has slowed up. If we sell him it will be a big boost as it will enable us to replace him with a far more effective player. His reputation is still good, but it will be blown in 12 months

Marvin said:
robbieh said:
Marvin said:
They've already signed 2 top players.

Who have Man Utd signed?

We have signed two players who will complement our side. They are however not Grade 1 players like Kun, Silva, Yaya, Tevez and Kompany.
Fernandinho is as good as anyone in midfield
Some people are truly clueless aren't try Marvin.

Fernandinho not grade 1 my arse.

itisrising said:
LoveCity said:
itisrising said:
Man Utd look set to get Thiago Alcantara , Arsenal looking likely to get Higuain. 2 brilliant players and if you consider who they've been linked with, we are certainly behind that pack.

And for all you know we could be 'set to' sign a big name. The Thiago thing may take a while if it goes through at all, Barca are trying hard to keep him. BTW I'd bet money on Fernandinho having a bigger instant impact than Thiago. He is experienced and proven in the Champions League. Just not a 'flavour of the month' Spaniard... Oliver Torres and Sergi Samper could be as good as Thiago in a couple of years.

While they are still rumors ( Though according to some they are nailed on) you cannot have the attitude that we've signed this player therefore we are ahead of the rest because, like you have just mentioned, a transfer can happen like that. We need to bridge the gap between us and United after the RVP signing and ,despite how good Fernandinho and Navas are, we are still that little bit behind them. Last season, we didn't have a game-changer whilst United relied on RVP to help them escape from jail numerous occasions. I really feel that we need that marquee guy that can not only bring us the title, but also help us challenge in the Champions league stage.

Game changer you say......I give you Pellers, Manni will change the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.