Isco

fallacy said:
"He’s my footballing father. He has given me all the confidence in the world and I’m very comfortable with him. There’s an offer from Manchester City. I have to look at it calmly because it’s my future and it’s very important. I waiver between the teams who want me because it’s my future. What I want is to play.

'I know Pellegrini likes me. He told me and I’m proud that he wants me. It’s an honour. (But) I don’t speak much English.

'My father is looking after it and there are other offers apart from Manchester City and Real Madrid. But I can’t talk about them. I’m not closing the door on any team. But I don’t want to go somewhere and sit on the bench.'

This is a fairly good translation that I will endorse. ;-)

He has said similar things during other interviews, as well. He is looking for the right move as I think many of the younger players have become jaded by money-interests in football. I hope he will see we offer much more than just higher wages. But I understand his general concerns.

fallacy said:
"He’s my footballing father. He has given me all the confidence in the world and I’m very comfortable with him. There’s an offer from Manchester City. I have to look at it calmly because it’s my future and it’s very important. I waiver between the teams who want me because it’s my future. What I want is to play.

'I know Pellegrini likes me. He told me and I’m proud that he wants me. It’s an honour. (But) I don’t speak much English.

'My father is looking after it and there are other offers apart from Manchester City and Real Madrid. But I can’t talk about them. I’m not closing the door on any team. But I don’t want to go somewhere and sit on the bench.'
In my books, that means we are slightly favourites as he will almost certainly be in the starting 11 in our team. Hope I'm not wrong.

TonyM said:
I can understand his concern. If he comes to us he has to complete with Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Aguero, Milner, Rodwell, Yaya and any winger we get in..... for either a wide or central midfield place.

I think he was referring to RMadrid when he said he doesn't want to sit on the bench. He also said Pelligrini wants him for City and likes him and so reading between the lines, I think its a no brainer.

Pam said:
TonyM said:
I can understand his concern. If he comes to us he has to complete with Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Aguero, Milner, Rodwell, Yaya and any winger we get in..... for either a wide or central midfield place.

I think he was referring to RMadrid when he said he doesn't want to sit on the bench. He also said Pelligrini wants him for City and likes him and so reading between the lines, I think its a no brainer.

If he wants a guaranteed place then City is as much a risk as Real Madrid. Our squad is bulging with attacking midfielders / wide forwards. He mentions other options... say Spurs - if he wants more games that might be his best bet.

Personally I hope he has the confidence to fight for a place and come to City.

fallacy said:

I wonder if that comment confirms Pellegrini to us?

Pam said:
TonyM said:

I'd go with that line too. He has more chance of playing for City under his current manager who wants him there than at Madrid and these words are about Madrid, not City.

I'm fairly sure he'd pick Madrid if he'd get some guarantees though, Spanish, Madrid, not a brainer..

Silva, Isco, Tevez and Aguero

Slightly newer fab 4, Milner and Nasri on the bench if needed, although i think Nasri will be a hell of a lot less patient than Milner sitting on the bench.

I bloody like Milner though, top professional and a good player to boot, perhaps apart from Chelsea Milner would be in anyones first 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.