Isco

MSP said:
I'm keen for City selling Tevez anyway but with Isco that feeling would just be stronger.

I'm not really in "he gives it all and runs all the time" stuff, I don't care about that if there's no final product.

Tevez indeed runs all the time and gives all he can but he doesn't offer enough for position he is taking and often slows down the attacking part or picks wrong, often very selfish solutions. He is in decline as much as lot of people here don't want to see that.

Both Nasri and Isco could play his role and in my opinion both would be better.

Definitely this for me. Though not sure whether Isco would be better just yet, he's still very young.

taconinja said:
Andouble said:
No great team has a set starting XI. Look at Bayern and Barca's benches with a fit squad.

Bayern have the best squad in the world and they've already signed up Gotze and Lewandowski for next season.

If we get Isco, a winger, and a striker there will be games on the bench, even if we sell Dzeko and Tevez. It's just the way it is for big teams in many competitions. If you're not one of the best players in the entire world you're not guaranteed a place, otherwise curb your ambitions and play for a mid-table club where you stay a big fish in a small pond.

We'll need to sell Tevez if he doesn't sign an extension, and to fund for our huge summer.
At least this time we don't seem to be buying into the nonsense that you must sell before buying.

I do think there's some merit to that as it often lowers the price on what we're selling as the buying club know we need to get rid, but last summer it was a ridiculously extreme stance.

I think some of the outgoings already know where they'll play next season provided the fees are agreed upon. Lescott, Dzeko, Tevez, etc are all more desirable than what we tried to sell last year.

MSP said:
or picks wrong, often very selfish solutions.

As much as i admire Tevez,this is the one aspect of his game that frustrates me the most.

He very often creates,or finds himself in situations,where a pass would be the better option,however,he rarely chooses such and play breaks down or an opportunity goes begging - i guess that's a byproduct of his single minded winning mentality

Saying that,id still love him to stay,although Isco may be the better team player and subsequently the better option.

adrianr said:
MSP said:
I'm keen for City selling Tevez anyway but with Isco that feeling would just be stronger.

I'm not really in "he gives it all and runs all the time" stuff, I don't care about that if there's no final product.

Tevez indeed runs all the time and gives all he can but he doesn't offer enough for position he is taking and often slows down the attacking part or picks wrong, often very selfish solutions. He is in decline as much as lot of people here don't want to see that.

Definitely this for me. Though not sure whether Isco would be better just yet, he's still very young.

Yeah, I agree with that but given his age even if he would not do it better it's a thing you have to sacrifice for future... keeping Tevez is extending the inevitable and I personally don't think it's worthy stuff, it's the last summer Tevez could be sold for some nice amount, it's perfect time to do that.

MSP said:
adrianr said:
MSP said:

Yeah, I agree with that but given his age even if he would not do it better it's a thing you have to sacrifice for future... keeping Tevez is extending the inevitable and I personally don't think it's worthy stuff, it's the last summer Tevez could be sold for some nice amount, it's perfect time to do that.
I think Tevez is vastly under rated, but he is predjudiced when playing with certain players, (eg Dzeko).
Personally, I think Tevez is expecting to be sold this summer. He will be able to negotiate a free departure next January. Unless he signs a new deal quickly, he will be sold.

Its looking positive for us with these latest quotes. Could be a double announcement with Pellegrini.

Mayor West said:
Its looking positive for us with these latest quotes. Could be a double announcement with Pellegrini.
That would be incredible if it happened.

Isco insists he will not be rushed into a decision about where he will ply his trade next season, but admits he would be happy to still be under the orders of Pellegrini.

"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world."
Isco
"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world," he told reporters after joining up with the Spain Under-21 squad on Monday.

On the subject of which club he might move to, Isco says the key thing for him is the amount of time he gets on the pitch.

He said: "It's a very important decision for me and I don't want to get it wrong.

"I have doubts because I want to play, wherever it is, and that's the most important thing. I don't want to regret it after not getting many minutes."

He added: "I'm not closing my door to anyone but my priority is to play and I don't want to be on the bench. We'll see what happens in the summer."

The latest quotes not only show that he is interested in a City move, but also that it is unlikely he will go to madrid unless they offer him a clause in his contract that guarantees a first team place. Seems unlikely with Ozil, Cristiano, Modric, Di Maria and Kaka all fighting for 3 spots.

Saif1994 said:
Isco insists he will not be rushed into a decision about where he will ply his trade next season, but admits he would be happy to still be under the orders of Pellegrini.

"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world."
Isco
"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world," he told reporters after joining up with the Spain Under-21 squad on Monday.

On the subject of which club he might move to, Isco says the key thing for him is the amount of time he gets on the pitch.

He said: "It's a very important decision for me and I don't want to get it wrong.

"I have doubts because I want to play, wherever it is, and that's the most important thing. I don't want to regret it after not getting many minutes."

He added: "I'm not closing my door to anyone but my priority is to play and I don't want to be on the bench. We'll see what happens in the summer."

The latest quotes not only show that he is interested in a City move, but also that it is unlikely he will go to madrid unless they offer him a clause in his contract that guarantees a first team place. Seems unlikely with Ozil, Cristiano, Modric, Di Maria and Kaka all fighting for 3 spots.

Maybe, but whatever top team he ends up at he will have to rotate.

He won't play every week with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.