Isco

MihaiCity said:
We need to get him now not in the summer for fuck sake!!!!!

Thats what I've been saying. In January, the Chavs will be panicky and distracted by their need to trolley dash strikers.

Pam said:
MihaiCity said:
We need to get him now not in the summer for fuck sake!!!!!

Thats what I've been saying. In January, the Chavs will be panicky and distracted by their need to trolley dash strikers.

they need a striker..they will go for falcao but i don't really think they need isco not a chance.....this kid wil be ours..i have a funny feeling that soriano and txiki's connection with spanish football will help us to bring him at the Etihad

There were Real Madrid fans wanting Isco after yesterday's debacle. Makes no sense why he would go there, but they pursued Silva and have never needed a reason in the past to stockpile players, especially Spanish ones.

Time is essential not only for that reason but also the possibility he may sign a new contract thus invalidating the relatively inexpensive 17m buyout. Waiting is really risky and other than putting the costs on next season's books there isn't a good justification. Based on the Chelsea display, a creative force wouldn't be unwelcome, especially one who can dribble past his marker.

I'd love to have him at City.

Curious as to how and who we'd line up with him?

more importantly: who gets dropped?

Do you go two attacking mids & two strikers:

------Hart--------
Zab--VK--Nast--Clichy
---GazBaz---Yaya---
-----Isco--Silva-----
--Tevez----Aguero--

(keeping both Silva and Isco down the middle - getting width from the fullbacks)

Or load up the midfield and drop a striker:

-------Hart--------
Zab--VK--Nast--Clichy
---GazBaz----Javi---
--------Yaya--------
----Isco----Silva----
------Aguero------

(conservative, defensive, no Tevez/Dzeko/etc)

Or put width into the midfield:

-------Hart--------
Zab--VK--Nast--Clichy
---Yaya----GazBaz---
-Milner---Isco---Nasri/AK-
--------Dzeko--------

(play Isco in place of Silva rather than with him - a resting Silva sort of lineup)

Or scrap all of that and play Isco out wide?

Getting Isco can't be good for Nasri, Milner, and whichever striker isn't top of Bob's list.

why not your last formation with Silva instead of Milner? Would certainly be our best attacking formation (maybe Aguero as ST) and with 2 holding mids and a back 4 should still be relatively strong defensively

This is the guy I think I want us to bring in. Realistically, the Nasri signing sort of hasn't worked out. He hasn't been bad, but I think when Mancini brought in Nasri he was supposed to be that 2nd creative mid that just hasn't materialized. Nasri has brought a lot of other qualities, but he hasn't been great going up against packed defenses, which is probably a different sort of skill than he employed at Arsenal where I remember him being particularly effective on the counter played very far forward.

For those of you who have seen more of Isco than I have, how does he play against a packed defense? It seems to me that our biggest need is another player who can threaten in that scenario, I'd hope we can identify one and incorporate

teddykgb said:
the Nasri signing sort of hasn't worked out. He hasn't been bad,

Most definitely hasn't been bad. I think he had nine or ten assists last season, the second best in our squad after Merlin.
I think he's a fantastic footballer, but he could be better imo, more direct. But I think that's more down to managerial instructions than personal shortcomings.
I don't have any stats to back it up, but I would be very surprised if Nasri wasn't among the best two passers (% accuracy) of our team and one of the best in the PL.

When he gets the chance to play centrally he shines, every single time. To use him as a wideman is just wrong, but I guess that's due to us having no one else to take that position.

As for Isco his best position is clearly as a left attacking midfielder. I'd love to see this sometime:

------------------ BACK FIVE ---------------------
---------------Yaya -------- Garcia ---------------
---------------------- Nasri ------------------------
-------- Silva ------------------- Isco -------------
-------------------- Aguero -----------------------

Samir Nasri's passing success percentage this season is 91.2%.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.