Isco

Rammyblues said:
Don't know what all the fuss is about the player will make his decision after Euro u21s and before he goes on holiday to Ibiza. Already said he has a choice between RM and ourselves so you have to accept that as far as salary and contract are concerned and Malaga as well everything has been agreed by both RM and ourselves. Only one decision left that is by the player himself and we won't know that till next week IMO.

I think that's probably it.

But it could be the case that Real have agreed with Malaga but are hoping to get Isco on cheap wages, because they are after other players on big money.

If that's the case, I recon he'll tell them to fuck off.

The fact that we've already negotiated with Malaga over Pellegrini may help us? Obviously we will have discussed about Isco as well.

I'm hoping Pellegrini takes Isco to one side and has a chat with him.

Tells him he is 21, can spend the next 3-4 years with him at City, play in the PL, and still go and play for Madrid when he is 25, with the best footballing years in front of him.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

This is the most important decision for Isco's career. If it is Real Madrid then it is not City's fault as we have done all what it is possible to do.

Daz_Blue said:
Skybet odds .... for Isco

Man City 1/5
Real Madrid 7/2

Those thinking he is going to Madrid.....pile on
It's obviously a two horse race, I had a lot on Isco to us at odds from varying 21/1 to 2.5/1; but with odds of him going to RM at 5/1 its surely worth hedging those bets?

jrb said:
The fact that we've already negotiated with Malaga over Pellegrini may help us? Obviously we will have discussed about Isco as well.

I'm hoping Pellegrini takes Isco to one side and has a chat with him.

Tells him he is 21, can spend the next 3-4 years with him at City, play in the PL, and still go and play for Madrid when he is 25, with the best footballing years in front of him.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

no chance why sell him at his best?

All this Zidanne etc from RM is just a charm offensive, surprised De Gea said we are a great club, if TH is correct we have done the charm offensive on his dad as well. Cheeky said that he didn't know what the player would do, most people accept (whether mathematically correct of not) if you flip a coin 50/50 he has a choice of two clubs. I am hoping that Pellegrini will make the difference but just one thing concerns me, I would rather the player join the club because he wants to come to MCFC not because of the manager, otherwise he is making a rod for his own back with the rest of the squad both in terms of the player and the manager.

It seems to be a two-horse race, but his performances in the Spanish U-21s have been remarkable. Let's hope no one else enters the race. I wanted City to concentrate on getting a forward, but his performances have been so good that I'm hoping that we can clinch this after the Euro U-21s are over. He looks to be the best young player in Europe at the moment.

Isco is to Pellegrini what Mario was to Mancini, what Scholes and Giggs are to Ferguson, what Fabregas was to Wenger etc. The kid is at an age where he needs he has to step it up to top level and if successful will carve himself a place in the elite players list. £200k a week, worldwide household name, commercial deals coming out hsi ears and of course a place in the much coveted Spain team. We will play the lad, we will hone the lad and make an even bigger star of him. No doubt.

Tolime says the deal is looking close to done, yet people still look negatively on the whole deal and are fearful of Real Madrid. The same team with Ronaldo and Ozil in the positions he wants to occupy. The same team with Modric, Callejon and Kaka all trying to get a start. He will not want to be a backup for Ronaldo as he never gets injured and demands to play, maybe Di Maria on the right but that's not his natural position so again it's a waste, besides this is all speculative as Bale is their main man and Spurs know Bale will leave sooner or later so will take Reals offer over anyone-else's.

All I will say is that Isco excites me more than Navas or Nasri. Not only can he play as left winger but I'd actually prepare him for Messi role. I think this lad has the control, awareness and ability to thrive in that role. The best part of his inclusion is that he can literally play anywhere. Silva has some real competition now and we will see the best out of him as the ups his game, so too with Nasri. This is what we needed LAST SUMMER.

homerdog said:
Blue_Raider said:
For those that can speak Spanish, today's ABC Newspaper

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.abc.es/realmadrid/noticias/20130616/abci-isco-realmadrid-traspaso-201306161048.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.abc.es/realmadrid/noticias/2 ... 61048.html</a>

It should be pointed out that ABC is a newspaper published in Madrid - they wouldn't present a biased view!

Quite.

we have a great chance of getting isco, mainly because of pellegrini and he would get more chances here than at madrid, but when you was a kid, you dreamed of playing for one team and that was madrid, i am not sure who he will choose i just hope pellegrini can work his magic and convince him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.