Isco

Re: Isco (Last 10 pages onwards)

My dream team ... Forget a big money striker, just get Thiago, Isco, a LB who can attack better than Clichy, a mature CB for cover and a decent no.2 goal keeper.

GK: Hart & ???
LB: Clichy & ???
CB: Kompany, Nastasic, Richards & ???
RB: Zabaletta & Maicon
CM: Thiago, Fernandinho, Rodwell & Barry
AM: Silva & Yaya
LW: Isco & Nasri
RW: Navas & Milner
ST: Aguero & Dzeko

Extra 3 ... Guidetti, Rekik & Sinclair

Please, please please :-)

Daz_Blue said:
Team with Isco and Thiago ....as things stand

HART

ZABBA KOMPS NASTY CLICHY

YAYA FERNANDINHO

ISCO THIAGO SILVA

AGUERO

SUBS FROM: PANTI, MICAH, MILNER, RODWELL, NAVAS, TEVEZ, NASRI, DZEKO, BARRY, MAICON, KOLOROV, GARCIA, LESCOTT, SUAREZ, LOPES, RAZZAK, GIUDETTI

The ones very likely to leave.
The ones with a chance of leaving

Benarbia said:
andyhinch said:
Benarbia said:
Because idiots on this site refuse to look at the other side of a discussion if it means anything negative about city
On the other hand, some idiots on here only seem to look at the negatives.

My perceived negativity wouldn't seem that way if people weren't quick to jump on me rather than entertain the idea of a discussion

I will try. What is the other side. I have been trying to think of it. Huge club, yes I get the appeal. Home country, again I get the appeal.

That's where it stops though. If I am potentially one of my generations greatest players that is nowhere near enough (when you consider Isco would be trying to break into a very good and very established Real attack). At this age, he needs to play and he should know that.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
It would be foolish if we don't try and sign Thiago as well as Isco.
It would be foolish for Thiago to sign for us imo

As much as I would like it, who would he play ahead of and would he get the regular game time he claims to want?

Can't see it, however, all my eggs are currently in the Isco basket tbf.
5 man Midfield

.......Fernandihno Thiago
Silva......... Yaya............ Isco

3 man Midfield
......Yaya......Fernandihno.....
................Thiago..........

Put simply, if Thiago came to City, City's game speed, tempo, offense or whatever you want to call it, will simply run through him. Others might be the star, but he will run the show.

He is that kind of player (Pirlo, Xavi, Budha, Veron, Riquelme, Xabi Alonso, Coutinho, Cabaye, Gundogan e.t.c. These are all players of differing skill levels, and I am not saying he is as good, better or worse than one or the other. Simply put, he is of that breed of footballers that run shows. This is a uniquee quality, and he has it!

daxman said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:
It would be foolish if we don't try and sign Thiago as well as Isco.

As much as I would like it, who would he play ahead of and would he get the regular game time he claims to want?

5 man Midfield

3 man Midfield

Put simply, if Thiago came to City, City's game speed, tempo, offense or whatever you want to call it, will simply run through him. Others might be the star, but he will run the show.

He is that kind of player (Pirlo, Xavi, Budha, Veron, Riquelme, Xabi Alonso, Coutinho, Cabaye, Gundogan e.t.c. These are all players of differing skill levels, and I am not saying he is as good, better or worse than one or the other. Simply put, he is of that breed of footballers that run shows. This is a uniquee quality, and he has it!
In your 5 man midfield, given the keeper and the back 4, that's 10 players already.

So a 4-5-1, with 3 strikers currently vying for the "1".

But where does that leave Navas? Or Nasri, Jimmy or Rodwell.

I can't see Thiago getting much games here, if that's really why he want's to leave Barca.

Also, the three man midfield leaves 3 places for Navas, Isco (maybe), Silva, Nasri, Milner, Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko to fight over...

pudge said:
daxman said:
pudge said:

5 man Midfield

3 man Midfield

In your 5 man midfield, given the keeper and the back 4, that's 10 players already.

So a 4-5-1, with 3 strikers currently vying for the "1".

But where does that leave Navas? Or Nasri, Jimmy or Rodwell.

I can't see Thiago getting much games here, if that's really why he want's to leave Barca.

Also, the three man midfield leaves 3 places for Navas, Isco (maybe), Silva, Nasri, Milner, Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko to fight over...
IMO, just get rid of any of the players you mentioned above. He's going to be the next world class CM and they don't come around often. Particularly for 15 mil.
If anyone will miss out on game time, I don't think it'll be him.

Jimmy, nasri, Garcia, Barry, even YaYa(IMO) could leave for me, if it meant bringing him in.

Honestly pudge, I feel that Thiago and Isco are talents you do everything to get and if you have to figure out what to do with them afterwards... so be it.

That strategy certainly hasn't hurt Real Madrid, Barcelona, or Bayern Munich.

taconinja said:
Honestly pudge, I feel that Thiago and Isco are talents you do everything to get and if you have to figure out what to do with them afterwards... so be it.

I'd love him here but if it's true that he wants to leave Barca for more playing time, I don't think we stand much of a chance.

If Isco comes then there'll be even less space, even with departures there would still be a surplus of midfielders. It's an area we are not necessarily lacking in numbers.

We can't sign everyone and as much as I'd like a talent like Thiago, I can't see it. It's not as easy as getting rid of x, y and z as previous windows have shown and accommodating him.

We'd need to do some serious courting, if we're interested, to get him onside imo.

But Like I said, I'm firmly on the "just focus on Isco" bandwagon so I can't really fathom the signing of anyone else lol

pudge said:
taconinja said:

I'd love him here but if it's true that he wants to leave Barca for more playing time, I don't think we stand much of a chance.

If Isco comes then there'll be even less space, even with departures there would still be a surplus of midfielders. It's an area we are not necessarily lacking in numbers.

We can't sign everyone and as much as I'd like a talent like Thiago, I can't see it. It's not as easy as getting rid of x, y and z as previous windows have shown and accommodating him.

We'd need to do some serious courting, if we're interested, to get him onside imo.

But Like I said, I'm firmly on the "just focus on Isco" bandwagon so I can't really fathom the signing of anyone else lol
Fair enough. :)

I think we must have exhausted all non-Pellegrini efforts on the Isco front... and I fully expect that he will be involved shortly. That frees up others hopefully to pursue Thiago. And I do realize it would be difficult to fit him, but I think he's the next Xavi or Pirlo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.