Isco

Re: Isco (Last 10 pages onwards)

Blueband Brother said:
If we sign Isco and Thiago, This should be our starting line up:

.................................Kahn...................................
Maldini...............Baresi..................Beckenbauer..................Carlos

................... ..Riykarrd..........................Zidane......................

Best...............................Maradona..................................Messi

........................................ Pele.............................................

Subs.
Wright
Rekik
Helan
Suarez
Poso
Guidetti.

I think that will just about win us the title.

Notwithstanding, I will prefer Thiago to Isco but the later will be easier to acquire.

Also I believe most people in this forum seem to believe that Isco is better than Nasri, which he isn't. I forecast a great season from Nasri if he stays and is given the chance by the new manager.

But Isco is definitely a player for the future, whilst thiago as I've said a number of times before is one of the few names been thrown around in this transfer window that will actually improve the quality of the squad rather than just increasing the numbers with more of the same. The other player is Bale of course but everybody seems to by shying away from that prospect.

Put your 60-80 milla on the table and we'll talk prospects.
In my opinion, it will be very difficult to see Thiago in our team next season without some huge player movements.
Isco can come without any problem, but if Alcantara chooses to come here, then we'll have to move Garcia, Milner or Nasri and Barry (maybe)
That's a lot of players to move in one season If you include Tevez, Dzeko and Lescott. That's just impossible without making some rash business decisions.
Its also a massive change to an already decent team. Its hard to see it.
Dressing room might suffer with influential members leaving in numbers and replaced by a player who could be just the flavor of the season.
Isco wins for me. He's had about 2 seasons of first team football and has proven he can swing it.
Thiago hasn't even had a full season yet. I don't think he'll make as much impact as people seem to think he will till he gets a full season or two under his belt.
I'm not saying I don't want him here because I think he's talented but he may not get as much playing time as he's looking for. He's actually better of staying at Barcelona, especially with Xavi and Iniesta ageing.

Folks are saying he might not get game time because we have Garcia and Milner? Lol.

jauganaut said:
Blueband Brother said:
If we sign Isco and Thiago, This should be our starting line up:

.................................Kahn...................................
Maldini...............Baresi..................Beckenbauer..................Carlos

................... ..Riykarrd..........................Zidane......................

Best...............................Maradona..................................Messi

........................................ Pele.............................................

Subs.
Wright
Rekik
Helan
Suarez
Poso
Guidetti.

I think that will just about win us the title.

Notwithstanding, I will prefer Thiago to Isco but the later will be easier to acquire.

Also I believe most people in this forum seem to believe that Isco is better than Nasri, which he isn't. I forecast a great season from Nasri if he stays and is given the chance by the new manager.

But Isco is definitely a player for the future, whilst thiago as I've said a number of times before is one of the few names been thrown around in this transfer window that will actually improve the quality of the squad rather than just increasing the numbers with more of the same. The other player is Bale of course but everybody seems to by shying away from that prospect.

Put your 60-80 milla on the table and we'll talk prospects.
In my opinion, it will be very difficult to see Thiago in our team next season without some huge player movements.
Isco can come without any problem, but if Alcantara chooses to come here, then we'll have to move Garcia, Milner or Nasri and Barry (maybe)
That's a lot of players to move in one season If you include Tevez, Dzeko and Lescott. That's just impossible without making some rash business decisions.
Its also a massive change to an already decent team. Its hard to see it.
Dressing room might suffer with influential members leaving in numbers and replaced by a player who could be just the flavor of the season.
Isco wins for me. He's had about 2 seasons of first team football and has proven he can swing it.
Thiago hasn't even had a full season yet. I don't think he'll make as much impact as people seem to think he will till he gets a full season or two under his belt.
I'm not saying I don't want him here because I think he's talented but he may not get as much playing time as he's looking for. He's actually better of staying at Barcelona, especially with Xavi and Iniesta ageing.

As you said, we already have a fantastic team full of gifted players and I think things will be different this season as there is always an injection of energy and spirit when there is a new manager as players tussle and try to impress and make their mark. This squad, even without the new signings is actually good enough with the novelty of managerial change to actually compete for the premier league and win the premier league and also go far in the champions league.

The issue i am stressing and will continue to pursue is the possibility and opportunity to upograde the level of the squad and I believe Bale and Thiago will do just that and a player like Bale will essentially guarantee us the title next season. Bale is still improving and I believe he is going to be a super player like Messi or Ronaldo- a player that can win games by just shifting the ball to the left or right and striking it from more or less anywhere in the opponents half. An opportunity to sign such a prospect does not come very often, I dare say, It usually occurs once in a generation. Sometimes in business you have to make that one big brave move that although may be controversial or full of risks and difficulties, it may turn out to redefine the business in the long run. Bale is that big risk that I vehemently believe is what taking. If we are capable of possibly spending £45-50 mil on Cavani then why not £60 - £80 mil on a player that can really take the club to another level. As i said, this perspective is not very popular but I feel very strongly about it.. (Off topic)

Our squad is very talented already. Isco is a talented player but he will not provide anything novel or new that the squad do not already have compared to Navas who adds invaluable width, pace and directness. Although everybody seems to think that if you bring in a player, he is automatically better that the players we already have and that is an unfortunate mentality. Isco at the moment is not better than any of our attacking players, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, even Milner. He is a better dribbler and more creative than Milner but Milner at the moment will be more reliable, versatile and experienced in the premier league. So what I'm saying is that Isco will be a good player for the future but lets not get carried away by thinking he is an upgrade and will bring solution to the problems of last season, which was penetrating 2 banks of four and teams with ultra defensive mind set.

The advantage in getting Isco is that he is young and still has a lot of development ahead of him so that will be something to look forward to. Also he is likely to be comfortable and happy enough to give his best because of the intangible connection with Pellegrini and the fact that we already have some Spanish/ latin players in the squad.

Jutt said:
kun said:
Bluemooner33 said:
Navas hasn't come to sit on the bench, he will be a starter for sure and the guys quality too
I'd say that he'd rotate with Thiago and Isco, and possibly Silva

Only problem is that both Thiago and Isco both want 1st team time. For all of that Thiago could stay in Barca

I agree. Either Isco or Thiago, not both.
Too many people are forgetting that they are still kids. They looked good because it is a U21 tourney. We don't need two kids for the first, senior, team.

cordonbleu said:
Jutt said:
kun said:

Only problem is that both Thiago and Isco both want 1st team time. For all of that Thiago could stay in Barca

Too many people are forgetting that they are still kids. They looked good because it is a U21 tourney. We don't need two kids for the first, senior, team.

That's what most said on here about Mata and Javi Martinez and look where they are now.

cordonbleu said:
Jutt said:
kun said:

kids????? thiago has played for barca first team quite a lot already? only for having xavi,iniesta and then fabregas in the squad he would have been a starter every week in probably the greatest club team in history??

cordonbleu said:

What's your reasoning behind this view?

They play in different positions and would both surely cement a a place in our current squad. Rotation will, and must happen.

Matt the Giant said:
cordonbleu said:

What's your reasoning behind this view?

They play in different positions and would both surely cement a a place in our current squad. Rotation will, and must happen.

Get Thiago, ship out Barry. Get Isco, ship out Nasri (or keep Nasri as well). Get them both!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.