Isco

Forzacitizens said:
will we ever learn. why not just pay the fee?
Do you honestly think money is a problem?

A guy who's spent a billion on City on and off field and just bought NYCFC ffs. Biggest wage bill in EPL, best squad in EPL. Jesus Christ. We can't pay buyout on him because it will scupper other deals. Imagine you're at an auction, you want 3 items and they cost say 90 which is 30 each. If you spend 40 on one it means you can't buy the other two and will sacrifice another item. It's that simple we have a plan, we stick to it, it's for the best. Sick of these narrowminded comments. Common sense dictates we are adhering to FFP and we have tailored our plans around it. Stick and no twist.

NipHolmes said:
Forzacitizens said:
Do you honestly think money is a problem?

A guy who's spent a billion on City on and off field and just bought NYCFC ffs. Biggest wage bill in EPL, best squad in EPL. Jesus Christ. We can't pay buyout on him because it will scupper other deals. Imagine you're at an auction, you want 3 items and they cost say 90 which is 30 each. If you spend 40 on one it means you can't buy the other two and will sacrifice another item. It's that simple we have a plan, we stick to it, it's for the best. Sick of these narrowminded comments. Common sense dictates we are adhering to FFP and we have tailored our plans around it. Stick and no twist.

Dont you mean Navas

Ray78 said:
Forzacitizens said:

Probably not down to the fee more to do with Malaga being *****s.
Malaga should look after no.1 and squeeze us or Madrid as hard as possible, they owe nobody no favours. They're selling the best player of the u21's who's wanted by Real Madrid and Man City, two of the richest clubs in world football. They should bent everyone over and fair play to them. If I was a Malaga fan I'd be gutted to lose Isco but placated by the fee.

Can't we all just wait and see until it is confirmed by either club before we all start having a go at Txiki!

Saying how he prioritizes the signings of Fernandinho etc over Isco is just rubbish.
No reason at all for him to do anything like that.

bennyblue said:
NipHolmes said:
bennyblue said:
ladbrokes back betting again 1/5 for real 100/300 city, take what you want from that
You mean 1/3 or 1000/300 in which case it'd be 100/30?

If 100/30 I'm loading another score on it

yeah wrote it wrong 100/30 hope your right pal for city and your bank balance
Thats the biggest price he has been to join us since the 10th of may
Could be some value in it,or it could be throwing money away
Who knows...

LongsightM13 said:
OB1 was right a few pages back. He should've been tied up as soon as the season ended. But I guess the interminable pissing around with Pellegrini's contract put paid to that.
Allowing him to go into the under 21 tournament with no deal in pce meant that if he had a blinder, as was the case, then his price would go up and rival suitors would emerge. And that is exactly what has happened.
If we lose out now then it's a big blow to Txixi's credibility. He chose to prioritise deals for Navas and Fernandinho when there were no serious rivals and therefore no time constraints. And still got taken to the cleaners for Fernandinho,.a great player but at least £10m too dear given his age and the fact he is unproven in a major European league.
My guess is that TB thought Isco was in the bag because of his relationship with Pellegrini and that RM were not serious rivals. I think he thought that this relationship meant we were in a very strong bargaining position and could haggle down the price.
If that is the case, and we lose out, then such apparent complacency calls his judgement & alleged expertise, especially in the Spanish market, into question.
All just guesswork on my part, but we are being asked to put our trust in this guy and so far I have to say that I remain to be convinced he is all that.
I think we should wait for the outcome before we start to slag him off. Isco has yet to announce his decision.

NipHolmes said:
Ray78 said:
Forzacitizens said:

Probably not down to the fee more to do with Malaga being *****s.
Malaga should look after no.1 and squeeze us or Madrid as hard as possible, they owe nobody no favours. They're selling the best player of the u21's who's wanted by Real Madrid and Man City, two of the richest clubs in world football. They should bent everyone over and fair play to them. If I was a Malaga fan I'd be gutted to lose Isco but placated by the fee.

You are probably right Nip but their owner isn't exactly Mr Popular in Malaga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.