Isco

BobbyLazarus said:
From the El Confidencial report the only thing I see as most likely to be true is that Madrid and Malaga have agreed a fee. All this means is that Isco actually has a choice between us and Madrid, as opposed to the usual media hysteria creating the idea of a choice.
Of course, it would be quite unusual for Madrid to agree a fee with a selling club and a Spanish player to then say, 'no thanks.' Hence, Spanish confidence that this is a 'done deal'.
Assuming we too have / can agree a fee with Madrid, then it is a straight choice for the player.
At 21, 12 months before a world cup, a manager you know and probably an indication of the amount of game time you'll get plus a good idea of where and how you'll be required to play, there is a great deal to be said for Isco choosing City on this occasion. Madrid will still be there after the 2018 world cup when Isco can arrive aged 26 at the height of his powers.
We'll see. The bloke said we'll know Sunday. I expect we will.
Exactly. All rests on Isco, and we have no real feel for what he will do

Forzacitizens said:
will we ever learn. why not just pay the fee?
I won't regret if we missed out on Cavani because of the insane fee but sometimes too much negotiations on the price is dangerous especially for a player like isco and the price is relatively low.

OB1 was right a few pages back. He should've been tied up as soon as the season ended. But I guess the interminable pissing around with Pellegrini's contract put paid to that.
Allowing him to go into the under 21 tournament with no deal in pce meant that if he had a blinder, as was the case, then his price would go up and rival suitors would emerge. And that is exactly what has happened.
If we lose out now then it's a big blow to Txixi's credibility. He chose to prioritise deals for Navas and Fernandinho when there were no serious rivals and therefore no time constraints. And still got taken to the cleaners for Fernandinho,.a great player but at least £10m too dear given his age and the fact he is unproven in a major European league.
My guess is that TB thought Isco was in the bag because of his relationship with Pellegrini and that RM were not serious rivals. I think he thought that this relationship meant we were in a very strong bargaining position and could haggle down the price.
If that is the case, and we lose out, then such apparent complacency calls his judgement & alleged expertise, especially in the Spanish market, into question.
All just guesswork on my part, but we are being asked to put our trust in this guy and so far I have to say that I remain to be convinced he is all that.

roy.or.r said:
Forzacitizens said:
will we ever learn. why not just pay the fee?
I won't regret if we missed out on Cavani because of the insane fee but sometimes too much negotiations on the price is dangerous especially for a player like isco and the price is relatively low.

Haven't both clubs agreed a fee?

If so, I still have him nailed on for Manchester

Ducado said:
dctid said:
if he wnted to come he would have declared his intentions

Suspect we are nothing more than a back up / bargening chip for his prefferd move simple as that

This is playing out like Sanchez, Hazard and a few other - hope i am wring really do but cant see any other outcome

If we really wanted him we should have met the clause and got it done we have not and allowed RM in

I see another one of the little rays of sunshine has popped in to say hello

Take what you wish realistic would be my interpretation most of my posts are positive and i unlike other dont slag players off left right and centre

Compard to many on here i am pretty reasonable and if Isco does go to RM or whereever i wont be throwing myself of barton bridge / self harming or slagging the club like many many others do on a regular basis - but then again you will probably say fuck all to them happy souls

We have a top squad we need a manager whom can get the best out of them simple as that and i am happy with what the transfers so far

Always easier spending other peoples money

This is as staged as WWE.

Isco will be a City payer Monday, unveiled alongside Pelligrino, whose arrival will be boosted by the way he swung Isco.

Madrid will say they couldn't lure him from his footballing father, but are in the hunt for Tevez.

Napoli panic as this leaves Cavani on sale at a price neither us nor Madrid will entertain,so Cavani throws a fit and the price comes down.

Seriously,I could have written this script.

Thaksinssoldier said:

Isco will be a City payer Monday, unveiled alongside Pelligrino, whose arrival will be boosted by the way he swung Isco.

Madrid will say they couldn't lure him from his footballing father, but are in the hunt for Tevez.

oh i like you thaksy,listen to this will you people

Thaksinssoldier said:

Hope your right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.