Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think yaya will go mate as well and wouldn't be surprised if pep sold vinny! I`ve been told that there will be a bigger kit deal this summer unfortunately still with nike though! :-( I think we will go past the £200m mark this summer but with young, world class youngsters (ie the next generation of superstar) that pep can take forward and the club can get long term gains out of them.

I think Yaya should stay, especially if we can get him on a cheaper contract. Vinny I agree with but them who do we buy? Van Dijk and Laporte would set us back £100m.

Do you think Isco is better than Hazard ?
I think Isco is more talented. Hazard is better though. As Hazard has produced as the star of a top team while Isco struggles the last 3 years with simply finding a starting role.

Would Isco get on the bench if KDB, Silva and Gundogan are all fit?

I like him, but I don't think he could play pivot, nor do I think the other 3 can, so we're going to have 4 players for 2 positions. Silva is getting on, but now his ankle problems have let up, he seems fitter than ever and may well be captain full time next season - so he'll play all the games he can.

Isco does have agression, passing range and ball retention to play pivot, but I doubt he has the positional discipline.

Last edited:
Would Isco get on the bench if KDB, Silva and Gundogan are all fit?
I'd say he would definitely be involved in matchday squads whenever he was fit, for the same reason Delph always is and Milner used to be - they can do a job across a number of positions if necessary.

I'd say he would definitely be involved in matchday squads whenever he was fit, for the same reason Delph always is and Milner used to be - they can do a job across a number of positions if necessary.

In this team, I can only see him playing 1 position. He can't play winger, not the way we play with proper wingers these days, and even if he was taking off a winger with no like for like replacement I bet he'd move KDB there, in which case just chuck Gundogan into the 8 position.

And if he's unhappy with playing time at Real Madrid, why come here to get similar amounts of playing time? He'd surely go somewhere he will know he'll start.

In this team, I can only see him playing 1 position. He can't play winger, not the way we play with proper wingers these days, and even if he was taking off a winger with no like for like replacement I bet he'd move KDB there, in which case just chuck Gundogan into the 8 position.

And if he's unhappy with playing time at Real Madrid, why come here to get similar amounts of playing time? He'd surely go somewhere he will know he'll start.
No I can't see him playing winger either - he'd be very similar to KDB played out wide - nowhere near the effectiveness necessary. He could fill in at all 3 midfield berths and as a false 9 quite easily though if necessary, which would free up at least 1 spot on the bench for a winger or similar.

No I can't see him playing winger either - he'd be very similar to KDB played out wide - nowhere near the effectiveness necessary. He could fill in at all 3 midfield berths and as a false 9 quite easily though if necessary, which would free up at least 1 spot on the bench for a winger or similar.

You think he could play Yaya/Fernandinho's role?

Yeah, he's not the perfect candidate but I think we'd lose less by having him as cover there than we would by having Nando/Delph. Nasri could do a job there as well, both of them are masters at retaining possession and bringing others into play, they're both deceptively strong and aggressive fuckers when they're motivated.

I think he could, he has the vision and the work rate to perform there and is a menace in the air too. He could stay in the role until Silva finally moves on, for example. Having said that...

Sadly agree with you here. Isco will leave because he's not starting and he will choose a club that can both pay him and make assurances that he'll be in the first XI. He almost certainly won't be able to get this from City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.