Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need him for the simple fact that when we start changing our first team around the quality significantly drops

He could easily rotate with KDB and Silva who play in the position he would and he would still get much more game time here. Also like others have said, if Sterling or Sane or possible even Yaya/Fern aren't fit he could easily fill in there as he's better than Nolito/Navas. Then add to that he could play false 9, so thats 6 positions where he could play and he'd be 1st or 2nd choice in 4 of them (LW, RW or either CM spot), game time wouldn't be an issue.

The more I watch him, the more I want us to sign him. It's no coincidence Real scored 3 goals and won the game after he came on.

He did look great when he came on but the referee was the one who gave Real Madrid a route back into the game

He did look great when he came on but the referee was the one who gave Real Madrid a route back into the game
It wasn't our **** ref from last week against Monaco by any chance was it? Apparently he's a bit of a Real Madrid fan, Maureen used to beg for him to be given their big games.

He doesn't lack the intelligence but teams have attacked his lack of height and his range of passing isn't as good as Yaya's - not an intelligence thing, more of an ingrained technique thing. I don't think we'd sign Isco and use him as the first choice DM, but he would be usable as a backup, as would Nasri or Dinho and that would stop us having to sign someone substandard who would be happy to be nothing other than the backup DM in the squad, which is the approach that has landed us with a fair few players that simply aren't up to scratch over the last few years.

It'll also make it easier to blood younger players when we don't have a second XI baying for games every time the lower priority fixtures eg League Cup roll around, Nacho is the only player to have gotten a chance in the last few years and that was solely because we weren't deeply stacked in his position, there's no way in hell he would have gotten a proper chance had we still had for example, Jovetic, Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero or Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko and Aguero in the senior squad. We see it now where Maffeo and Garcia can come into the senior teams and turn in MOTM or close to it performances, but then they can't get into the team again because they're behind 2/3 full internationals on high wages for their positions.
I disagree I'm a huge fernandinho fan but his positioning and decision making can be suspect at times. But his amazing work rate and fitness levels cover it up he is a clever player but I feel he is abit off the levels pep wants. Lahm is shorter then fernandinho and was one of the top DMS around under pep. It's not about physical attributes under pep but work rate and intelligence. Isco would be a luxury or a future replacement for Silva but can't see him putting the shift in on the defensive side of the role. If the price is right I would definitely sign isco as cover for Silva and kdb. I think gundogan would do great in the DM role but is it his best position and can we really depend on his fitness?

I disagree I'm a huge fernandinho fan but his positioning and decision making can be suspect at times. But his amazing work rate and fitness levels cover it up he is a clever player but I feel he is abit off the levels pep wants. Lahm is shorter then fernandinho and was one of the top DMS around under pep. It's not about physical attributes under pep but work rate and intelligence. Isco would be a luxury or a future replacement for Silva but can't see him putting the shift in on the defensive side of the role. If the price is right I would definitely sign isco as cover for Silva and kdb. I think gundogan would do great in the DM role but is it his best position and can we really depend on his fitness?
This comment was often made about Yaya less than 2 months ago. I will repeat" Isco is more defensive than Yaya. So we can erase the notion that he wouldn't put in the defensive work. He will because it is what is required and he knows it.

This comment was often made about Yaya less than 2 months ago. I will repeat" Isco is more defensive than Yaya. So we can erase the notion that he wouldn't put in the defensive work. He will because it is what is required and he knows it.

I have seen Isco play at both wing and full-back, his defensive game was excellent.

We appear to besinging from same hymn sheet on this one?

He would be the youthful upgrade on Yaya as the deepest lying midfielder along with Silva.

Technique, when coupled with inspiration and motivation, from someone like Pep, makes Isco an incredible asset

Isco is a team player and for the right price he will be very good addition, but there will be a lot work to get his defensive side of game bang on, and I wouldn't put him the Yaya Toure or Xabi Alonso category (both midfielders are equally comfortable in both defending and attacking)

Last edited:
Agree completely. Would be great piece of business to get Isco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.