Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could, he has the vision and the work rate to perform there and is a menace in the air too. He could stay in the role until Silva finally moves on, for example. Having said that...

Sadly agree with you here. Isco will leave because he's not starting and he will choose a club that can both pay him and make assurances that he'll be in the first XI. He almost certainly won't be able to get this from City.
I think Isco will be a starter here. He'll be the starter at Pivot. And he'll be better than Yaya at it.

But if I were Pep, I'll in fact move Silva to the Pivot to save his legs and longetivity. And start Isco at the 8 next to Kev. It also works as Gundo will start the season returning from a serious injury.

But even is Silva isn't moved, Isco at Pivot would be amazing too.

I think once Isco plays for a manager who cherishes talent above all, he'll not only become a starter, but most likely a star.

I think Isco is more talented. Hazard is better though. As Hazard has produced as the star of a top team while Isco struggles the last 3 years with simply finding a starting role.

I had an argument with you few years ago when we were linked with Hazard, I told you Hazard is better than Silva and Nasri and you said no he isn't better of any of them.

Now it seems I was right about it.

And now I am saying Bernardo is better than Isco and I think after few years I will be right again.

I think Isco will be a starter here. He'll be the starter at Pivot. And he'll be better than Yaya at it.

But if I were Pep, I'll in fact move Silva to the Pivot to save his legs and longetivity. And start Isco at the 8 next to Kev. It also works as Gundo will start the season returning from a serious injury.

But even is Silva isn't moved, Isco at Pivot would be amazing too.

I think once Isco plays for a manager who cherishes talent above all, he'll not only become a starter, but most likely a star.

I think you are doing Yaya a diservice, His passing and ball retention are unrivaled . These are the key attributes for the Pivot.
I very much doubt Isco could reach that level straight away. Yaya has had a lot of experience in that role coupled with his quality.

I had an argument with you few years ago when we were linked with Hazard, I told you Hazard is better than Silva and Nasri and you said no he isn't better of any of them.

And now I am saying Bernardo is better than Isco and I think after few years I will be right again.
How was you right about Hazard being better than Silva? They play completely different positions for one so it's impossible to compare but if you are I'd say Silva has been more important to City than Hazard has been for Chelsea.
I certainly wouldn't have ever wanted to swap.

I think you are doing Yaya a diservice, His passing and ball retention are unrivaled . These are the key attributes for the Pivot.
I very much doubt Isco could reach that level straight away. Yaya has had a lot of experience in that role coupled with his quality.

Isco's passing and ball retention are Nasri-esque, he's definitely got that side of the game fine, I'm just not sure about his defensive positioning and physicality. Yaya's really been putting himself about recently, particularly in the air. Isco is only 5'9'', which will be a hindrance despite his much more energetic style.

Isco couldn't do the defensive side of the pivot role if we started him, Silva and kdb we would get overrun in cm. All peps team have had a defensively sound intelligent cm Sergio at Barca and lahm at Bayern. We have fernandinho but I'm starting to think pep feels he lacks the intelligence for the role.

Isco couldn't do the defensive side of the pivot role if we started him, Silva and kdb we would get overrun in cm. All peps team have had a defensively sound intelligent cm Sergio at Barca and lahm at Bayern. We have fernandinho but I'm starting to think pep feels he lacks the intelligence for the role.
He doesn't lack the intelligence but teams have attacked his lack of height and his range of passing isn't as good as Yaya's - not an intelligence thing, more of an ingrained technique thing. I don't think we'd sign Isco and use him as the first choice DM, but he would be usable as a backup, as would Nasri or Dinho and that would stop us having to sign someone substandard who would be happy to be nothing other than the backup DM in the squad, which is the approach that has landed us with a fair few players that simply aren't up to scratch over the last few years.

It'll also make it easier to blood younger players when we don't have a second XI baying for games every time the lower priority fixtures eg League Cup roll around, Nacho is the only player to have gotten a chance in the last few years and that was solely because we weren't deeply stacked in his position, there's no way in hell he would have gotten a proper chance had we still had for example, Jovetic, Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero or Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko and Aguero in the senior squad. We see it now where Maffeo and Garcia can come into the senior teams and turn in MOTM or close to it performances, but then they can't get into the team again because they're behind 2/3 full internationals on high wages for their positions.

Wrong guy. I never liked Nasri as a prospect, so I'd never rate him over Hazard. Silva I deemed better than Hazard in a few years and Hazard better in a couple. They are about the same level with different skillsets. But you'd have to rejog my memory of that exchange. I'm certain you'd find in not the one you had the Nasri exchange with.

That said, Isco is better than Bernado now. And would probably be long-term. Just better skill set.

Not at all.
I know what Yaya has done. And I've been advocating for it for 2 years. Long ago when Yaya as pivot was an idea most laughed at and tot it beyond stupid. But the truth is Isco is stronger defensively, technically more skilled and almost as good of a rotating play passer. Thus overall, I think he'll play the role slightly differently, but the overall output will be a net plus.

Its like comparing how Modric plays CM to how Kroos plays it. They are different but both very effective.

Right now Isco would start on the bench for us imo but with Silva's age and us wanting to safeguard his ankle and just general stamina, plus Isco's ability to play wide as a different option to a speedy winger, Isco would play a lot more here than he does at Real, and in time he'd play all the time as Silva becomes a squad player and/or moves position.

He'll be in his last year of his contract and has only played around 600mins of LL football so you'd expect to get a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.