Islam v Christianity-what it boils down to

peoffrey said:
didactic said:
peoffrey said:
Orthodox vs Reform. I have several Jewish friends and they're very much on the cultured side as opposed to following everything to the word. The laws don't affect us because Jewish people don't look to push their beliefs on others. This isn't the same with Muslims and Christians.

Nor do muslims infact Islam has been around for thousands of years and unlike the "others" they did not burn at the stake nor impale or throw into boiling tar those who refused to convert. There are groups who take things too far but I have many muslim friends who I grew up with and their views are nothing like what is being potrayed in this thread. Just like with Jewish people there are those who want to wipe out anyone who does not believe in what they do but there are others who live fine with others. Lets not just pick on the popular enemy right now.

Muslims do push their beliefs on others! How else has Islam spread from Country to Country over the centuries? Children are raised Muslim etc.

I really can't believe you don't believe that Islam isn't forced on others.

and christianity spread how, exactly - Oh now I remember..... -

york away to this! said:
peoffrey said:
didactic said:
Nor do muslims infact Islam has been around for thousands of years and unlike the "others" they did not burn at the stake nor impale or throw into boiling tar those who refused to convert. There are groups who take things too far but I have many muslim friends who I grew up with and their views are nothing like what is being potrayed in this thread. Just like with Jewish people there are those who want to wipe out anyone who does not believe in what they do but there are others who live fine with others. Lets not just pick on the popular enemy right now.

Muslims do push their beliefs on others! How else has Islam spread from Country to Country over the centuries? Children are raised Muslim etc.

I really can't believe you don't believe that Islam isn't forced on others.

and christianity spread how, exactly - Oh now I remember..... -
Everyone knows Christianity was an Internet craze started by the fella who invented Google. Completely harmless, unlike Islam.

pieface said:
h2FDZ.jpg
I'm gonna cross-post this to the kilts/"why does Scotland hate us" thread, it's very relevant

I constantly here accusations that religion is being forced on people, there is at least one or two threads a month about it, but I can see no evidence of religion being forced upon anyone as I go about my day to day life. In fact I am pretty well travelled and can honestly say I have not seen any evidence of religion being forced down anyone's throat in any of the countries I have visited (even in the middle east).

What I do find disturbing is the wish to denigrate what other people beleive in and then to insult their beliefs

What happened to live and let live? You really are free to beleive in what you want to beleive in

AmericanExile said:
OP missed out the part where they worship a paedophile. If islam thinks its ok for an adult man to have sex with a 10 year old, who am I to argue otherwise. Also their 'prophet sent from god' told the followers it was okay to marry girls captured at war. If anyone was going to follow any religion I could not think of a worse one to follow.
Roman Catholicism. Not difficult.

Ducado said:
I constantly here accusations that religion is being forced on people, there is at least one or two threads a month about it, but I can see no evidence of religion being forced upon anyone as I go about my day to day life. In fact I am pretty well travelled and can honestly say I have not seen any evidence of religion being forced down anyone's throat

My 6 year old son may beg to differ. As do I.

Ducado said:
I constantly here accusations that religion is being forced on people, there is at least one or two threads a month about it, but I can see no evidence of religion being forced upon anyone as I go about my day to day life. In fact I am pretty well travelled and can honestly say I have not seen any evidence of religion being forced down anyone's throat in any of the countries I have visited (even in the middle east).

What I do find disturbing is the wish to denigrate what other people beleive in and then to insult their beliefs

What happened to live and let live? You really are free to beleive in what you want to beleive in
Come and spend a week in Peckham mate, you can't even get on a bus without someone preaching handing out leaflets for "The ministry of Joyous Love" and as for walking down the street without having something religious pamphlet thrust at you, forget it.

Ducado said:

You may be free to believe what you want but a creatonist for example is believing something even in the face of cold hard facts that prove otherwise. People like that deserve insulting due to the absolute idiocy on display. Somebody is free to believe Fc United are a better team than us, that belief would be relentlessly mocked though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.