Israel-Palestine Conflict

Hard to believe he is a human rights lawyer….

Isn’t the only way to try and deal with this, is by doing so on the world stage? Protests and words to media in England may have an effect on home soil, but will have zero influence on what’s happening over there.

Netanyahu and his ultra-right government don’t give a fuck about the UK, especially since our diminished world standing, why would they do what we say, never mind even listen?

Isn’t the only way to try and deal with this, is by doing so on the world stage? Protests and words to media in England may have an effect on home soil, but will have zero influence on what’s happening over there.

Netanyahu and his ultra-right government don’t give a fuck about the UK, especially since our diminished world standing, why would they do what we say, never mind even listen?

I’d imagine the least Starmer can do is his pledge to move in accordance with international law. The ICJ released a pretty scathing advisory opinion, but at the moment Starmer seems more interested in taking direction from Washington…

I’d imagine the least Starmer can do is his pledge to move in accordance with international law. The ICJ released a pretty scathing advisory opinion, but at the moment Starmer seems more interested in taking direction from Washington…
His own words have been that he wants Israel to abide by international law, with a ceasefire and a 2 state solution. That stance is out there for all the world to see, have Israel taken notice?

His own words have been that he wants Israel to abide by international law, with a ceasefire and a 2 state solution. That stance is out there for all the world to see, have Israel taken notice?

His words aren’t the point but actions. For example, several EU sates have gone as far as to recognize Palestine. Starmer has it in the manifesto but so far he’s been quiet. In opposition he stressed the government to publish guidance regarding arms exports. So far, just silence. All this under the auspices of a ruling from the ICJ….

His words aren’t the point but actions. For example, several EU sates have gone as far as to recognize Palestine. Starmer has it in the manifesto but so far he’s been quiet. In opposition he stressed the government to publish guidance regarding arms exports. So far, just silence. All this under the auspices of a ruling from the ICJ….
Being an ex-public prosecutor himself, I’m sure he’ll be taking his own legal advice on this and it will come to a point where he will take action.

We know his personal position, will that now be is political one? I hope so.

Being an ex-public prosecutor himself, I’m sure he’ll be taking his own legal advice on this and it will come to a point where he will take action.

We know his personal position, will that now be is political one? I hope so.

I share your hope, but for a human rights lawyer to be quiet while this is ongoing makes me have huge question marks…

I share your hope, but for a human rights lawyer to be quiet while this is ongoing makes me have huge question marks…

However, he’s no longer a HRs lawyer, the PM position brings other global complications.

I’m with you, I want to see this stopped but also realise we don’t really have a say, such is the modern day world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.