Israel-Palestine Conflict

You would like to think that it was a free and democratic nation full of fluffy bunnies and pink unicorns but the reality it was a repressive regime with the brutal SAVAK secret police abducting and murdering opponents including many democrats, of course this regime was foisted upon the Iranian people by none other than the US and the UK

There was some cultural modernisation but very little political freedom, I am not saying the regime there is a good thing just giving you some context, that silly far right memes don't

Context in history is very important it's often missed in many of the debates we have on here

I would say so from my experiences with them. Some Zionists are obviously more extreme than others, but the underlying fact is that Zionism is racist and supremacist ideology.
When you say zionist, do you mean all 16 million jews on the planet (because for many, zionist is codeword for jew) or just the estimated 10 million+ jews who identify as zionist ?

Did you even think for one minute how offensive your post is to jews ?

Do you know what zionism is ?

I suggest you look it up

There is of course no one single definition of zionism, but these seem to be the commonly accepted ones

The Oxford Living Dictionaries says Zionists believe in “the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel”. The Board of Deputies of British Jews describes Zionism as “the national liberation movement of the Jewish people.” The non-Zionist left-wing Jewish group Jewdas have defined it simply as “the belief that there should be a Jewish state in Israel”.

So according to you, in your words, the underlying fact is people who believe in the above are following a racist and supremacist ideology

And what about the people in the Middle East who are opposed to zionism, i.e. opposed to the existence of any jewish state. Are they non-racist and non-supremacist ? You know, the people whose life mission is to destroy all jews.

You would like to think that it was a free and democratic nation full of fluffy bunnies and pink unicorns but the reality it was a repressive regime with the brutal SAVAK secret police abducting and murdering opponents including many democrats, of course this regime was foisted upon the Iranian people by none other than the US and the UK

There was some cultural modernisation but very little political freedom, I am not saying the regime there is a good thing just giving you some context, that silly far right memes don't

Context in history is very important it's often missed in many of the debates we have on here

You are stronger than I am, taking this latest nonsense on.

The German perspective....

Given German's historic role in all this and the guilt they must feel for the Holocaust I understand why he might value Jewish life over Palestinian.
But like a lot of people he seems to think Hamas just appeared out of thin air. They are the result of ongoing Palestinian oppression, that the West didn't care about, or for that matter the regional Arab states.

Given German's historic role in all this and the guilt they must feel for the Holocaust I understand why he might value Jewish life over Palestinian.
But like a lot of people he seems to think Hamas just appeared out of thin air. They are the result of ongoing Palestinian oppression, that the West didn't care about, or for that matter the regional Arab states.
Firstly, Germans wouldn't stress the 'guilt' for horrors of their ancestors (how can I be guilty today?) but the responsibility for the presence and the future.

If the bold part - such a stupid generalization, pouring more oil into the fire - is what you found in his speech I have to assume you can't listen or read properly. Or you don't want to...

Accusing of all people Habeck of racism is insane, or quite amusing. You picked the completely wrong one here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.