Israel-Palestine Conflict

I would say so from my experiences with them. Some Zionists are obviously more extreme than others, but the underlying fact is that Zionism is racist and supremacist ideology.
I can't comment on your personal experiences and won't disagree that there may be more extremist elements within that movement. The last part though falls into 95% of what is posted on here - opinion.

With Blinkin over there fighting fires that he and his boss helped start, we may see a humanitarian pause, they have certainly telegraphed it

All eyes on Nasrallahs Friday sermon, I suspect increasing American jitters about the huge amount of civilian casualties and this speech are certainly worrying the White House, also the amount of pressure they are under from allies around the world some of them are strategic allies as well

The Americans have not come across well, it’s actually been a diplomatic disaster for them, so they really need to pull a number of rabbits out of the hat

What they could do immediately is

Make further aid conditional on stopping the violence and land grabs on the West Bank

Make firm plans for a regional peace conference with all major powers including China

At some point the US also needs to make some bold steps with Iran too. All this dick waving from both sides isn't getting anyone anywhere.

So in the same way they can trade off normalisation of Arab states' relationships with Israel in return for a two-state solution, they can offer Iran something they want in return for stopping funding and arms supply to anti-Israeli groups. Now, I wonder what Iran wants?

I get it: the revolution wasn't great for the West, the hostage situation was pretty bad, the botched rescue attempt was embarrassing, and yes I know Iran has supported terrorism, but the US has been fomenting rebellion in Iran for decades too. Time for some grown-up diplomacy, and once weapons and funding dry up, Hamas and Hezbollah disappear up their own arses.

It's hard to see the US making any bold moves, though, with the political mess they are in and an election coming up.

At some point the US also needs to make some bold steps with Iran too. All this dick waving from both sides isn't getting anyone anywhere.

So in the same way they can trade off normalisation of Arab states' relationships with Israel in return for a two-state solution, they can offer Iran something they want in return for stopping funding and arms supply to anti-Israeli groups. Now, I wonder what Iran wants?

I get it: the revolution wasn't great for the West, the hostage situation was pretty bad, the botched rescue attempt was embarrassing, and yes I know Iran has supported terrorism, but the US has been fomenting rebellion in Iran for decades too. Time for some grown-up diplomacy, and once weapons and funding dry up, Hamas and Hezbollah disappear up their own arses.

It's hard to see the US making any bold moves, though, with the political mess they are in and an election coming up.
The US is right to cause rebellion in Iran because Iran has a dangerous and backward dictatorship. The Iranian people are suppressed and it is questionable whether they support the Iranian regime but they have no choice. In Iran you can essentially be executed in the street for protesting against the Iranian regime.

It's similar to the Palestinians and Hamas, the views of the Palestinian people are likely separated from the lunatics in charge of the asylum. Do the Palestinians want this war with Israel? I seriously doubt it. Do Iranians want war with the US, a country that could flatten Tehran in a heartbeat? I doubt that even more.

The weirdest thing about all of this is many of these countries are actually very pro-western in terms of culture. It's very ordinary for many in these countries to watch western movies and tv shows or eat western food. They clearly want to be aligned to the west but geopolitics and dictatorship holds them back.

It makes complete sense then for the west to try and push these countries closer to alignment. Look at how the UAE and Saudi Arabia are changing, they've achieved nothing after centuries sat in the dark ages and now with western support and alignment they're growing into somewhat more modern and liberal societies. The only thing absent in these countries really is democracy.

Last edited:
Go on then give me an alternative that prevents Hamas from appearing to advance to the goals laid out in its founding charter for the destruction of all Jews.
No one can, perhaps you can have a try.
If they are seen as such a threat to Jewish existence, why does Netanyahu by his own admission consider them so important to the Israeli state?

If people stuck to just Remembrance Sunday it would help. It's a relatively modern thing to make Armistice Day itself another "day to remember". Remembrance Sunday had been intended to commemorate other wars than WW1, having first been introduced in WW2 so weekday war work wasn't disrupted. A few years ago The Royal British Legion asked for the two minute silence to be observed on 11 November as well for one particular anniversary (I can't recall which) and it seems now to be an annual request, and more events on the 11th which (IMO) detracts from Remembrance Sunday events.

...Look at how the UAE and Saudi Arabia are changing, they've achieved nothing after centuries sat in the dark ages and now they're growing into somewhat more modern and liberal societies. The only thing absent in these countries really is democracy.
And leaders who don't personally murder journalists. Iran is more liberal than Saudi Arabia (which is not a hard test).

The US is right to cause rebellion in Iran because Iran has a dangerous and backward dictatorship. The Iranian people are suppressed and it is questionable whether they support the Iranian regime but they have no choice. In Iran you can essentially be executed in the street for protesting against the Iranian regime.

It's similar to the Palestinians and Hamas, the views of the Palestinian people are likely separated from the lunatics in charge of the asylum. Do the Palestinians want this war with Israel? I seriously doubt it. Do Iranians want war with the US, a country that could flatten Tehran in a heartbeat? I doubt that even more.

The weirdest thing about all of this is many of these countries are actually very pro-western in terms of culture. It's very ordinary for many in these countries to watch western movies and tv shows or eat western food. They clearly want to be aligned to the west but geopolitics and dictatorship holds them back.

It makes complete sense then for the west to try and push these countries closer to alignment. Look at how the UAE and Saudi Arabia are changing, they've achieved nothing after centuries sat in the dark ages and now with western support and alignment they're growing into somewhat more modern and liberal societies. The only thing absent in these countries really is democracy.
Sure the US could flatten Tehran, but the Iranians could just as easily block the gulf shipping lanes, what would hurt more?

I don't have a problem with your characterisation of the Iranian Regime but you have to remember they are there because of the interference of the US and British governments in Iranian affairs and hoisting a dictator upon them every bit as bad as the current regime

We all know what the key to unlocking all this, its coming up with a just solution to the the Palestinian problem, it's a festering wound in the Middle East and a rallying point for blood thirty fanatics also this conflict is now threatening normalisation in the region

The Iranian issue will have to be sorted out by the Iranian people anything else will be rejected

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.