Israel-Palestine Conflict

How about having a bit of turf they can call their own without it being blockaded, cut off from international trade, transgressed upon and generally not respected?

The Israelis need to give Palestinians a deal that the majority of Palestinians will be happy with, and then whilst there will remain some extremists in Palestine, they will not be in power and the Palestinians can deal with them with their own security forces.

Israel's persistent shocking treatment of the Palestinians is absolutely the root cause of the attacks on Israel.
The Palestinisn authority has rejected a very good deal 3 or 4 times since 1994. So sadly, there probably isn't such a deal to be had.

Last edited:
Despite their love of a veteran, and a reported desperation to save the cenotaph from the marches this weekend, I understand that the Daily Mail and GBNews are both based in tax havens - Bermuda and Dubai - and therefore make no fiscal contribution to the healthcare, social care, housing, nor pensions of the ex-servicemen and women that they allegedly support.

Daily Mail is owned by DMGT which is headquartered in UK so I doubt that is true.

Why are you asking me questions I have no control over the answers to?

I have given an opinion as to a possible way forward to a ceasefire.

Its Bluemoon Vic, not the UN council or a negotiating table with Hamas and Israel sat around.
Whole thread is a waste of time then.

Why bother giving your opinion?

My opinion is that Hamas will not release hostages without some guarantees stronger than just it will put more pressure on Israel to stop bombing. I'm not saying they should have committed the war crime of taking hostages but if they were released, would Israel stop its war crimes?

So Hamas said they will release hostages if Israel stop bombing, and Israel said they will stop bombing if Hamas release the hostages, fuck me

The Palestinisn authority has rejected a very good deal 3 or 4 times since 1994. So sadly, there probably isn't such a deal to be had.
Not quite true, but the last deal offered was very good but in context it was offered by a lame duck Israeli PM, but I believe it will be the basis of a new deal because it’s the only one that offers compromise and it was a very creative solution to the Jerusalem problem

Groups like Hamas need the conflict to go on, it’s how they make a living , the same could be said for the Israeli right perpetual threat and conflict is good for them all

One deal offered was essentially the Bantistan option which was rightly rejected I don’t recall any others care to enlighten me?

So Hamas said they will release hostages if Israel stop bombing, and Israel said they will stop bombing if Hamas release the hostages, fuck me
Well, isn't that how WW1 ended?

It's dead simple to sort that. Israel stops bombing, Hamas release hostages. If Hamas doesn't then release hostages, the bombing starts again.

But what then happens to Israel's aim to eliminate Hamas?

Whole thread is a waste of time then.

Why bother giving your opinion?

My opinion is that Hamas will not release hostages without some guarantees stronger than just it will put more pressure on Israel to stop bombing. I'm not saying they should have committed the war crime of taking hostages but if they were released, would Israel stop its war crimes?

Leave it then if it’s a waste of time.

I will stick around though for the discussion around differing opinions.

As I’ve said, several times now, if the hostages are released the the political pressure from the allies to stop the bombing and get around the table will be huge. Yes, I think Israel will then stop its war.

Very depressing. For me a two state solution is a fair compromise but on googling 'Does Israel/Palestine support a two state solution" it would seem that the majority (65% and 67%) do not either want or believe a two state solution is possible. A fight to the death it is then.

Leave it then if it’s a waste of time.

I will stick around though for the discussion around differing opinions.

As I’ve said, several times now, if the hostages are released the the political pressure from the allies to stop the bombing and get around the table will be huge. Yes, I think Israel will then stop its war.

Yep I think the political pressure would be too much if hamas released the hostages and Israel carried on their bombing campaign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.