Israel-Palestine Conflict

The Palestinisn authority has rejected a very good deal 3 or 4 times since 1994. So sadly, there probably isn't such a deal to be had.
I don't know the details but maybe they weren't "very good" deals? IMO if Israel wants lasting peace, it's going to have to dig deep and make some serious compromises. Hamas feeds upon a feeling of resentment and perceived (or real) persecution and unfortunately at the moment, all Israel is doing is fuelling that. As soon as this conflict is over, Hamas will be more resolutely determined to attack Israel again, and, supported by Iran and others, will find the means to do so.

So Hamas said they will release hostages if Israel stop bombing, and Israel said they will stop bombing if Hamas release the hostages, fuck me
You stop doing your atrocities and we will stop doing our atrocities. Your atrocities just lead to more people joining the IDF/Hamas so stop and the atrocities will stop. You show pictures of babies beheaded and in ovens and we will show pictures of bombed dead babies. Oh for a world filled with reasonable people.

Yep I think the political pressure would be too much if hamas released the hostages and Israel carried on their bombing campaign.
Probably. But there was an interview with an Hamas commander over the weekend who, when asked, "Why don't you let the people use the tunnels as bomb shelters?" answered 'No, the tunnels are for Hamas fighters, the UN look after the people'.

Very depressing. For me a two state solution is a fair compromise but on googling 'Does Israel/Palestine support a two state solution" it would seem that the majority (65% and 67%) do not either want or believe a two state solution is possible. A fight to the death it is then.
Do not want and do not believe are very different.

If anyone was to post video clearly showing the execution of innocent citizens then it would be rightly criticised by everyone imo.

What we get is a video that has no context, no real evidence of anyone being killed, irrespective of who they may or might not be and you are supposed to just lap it up and join in with the narrative.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way and it shouldn't work that way for anyone.

Did you believe the Israelis when they say a senior Hamas commander and dozens of fighters were killed when they bombed the refugee camp?

Not quite true, but the last deal offered was very good but in context it was offered by a lame duck Israeli PM, but I believe it will be the basis of a new deal because it’s the only one that offers compromise and it was a very creative solution to the Jerusalem problem

Groups like Hamas need the conflict to go on, it’s how they make a living , the same could be said for the Israeli right perpetual threat and conflict is good for them all

One deal offered was essentially the Bantistan option which was rightly rejected I don’t recall any others care to enlighten me?

Well the Israelis will point to this (one of many):

And the Palestinians will point to this (one of many):

I'm off the opinion that the Palestinians are the ones mainly to blame as the MAJORITY won't be happy unless there is a single state solution. A large minority actually don’t even accept the OSLO accords and a small minority want Israel to cease to exist (e.g Hamas). A minority of Israeli's will always try and block but when pushed by the US they move - but that requires movement from the Palestines to succeed. It never happens.

You stop doing your atrocities and we will stop doing our atrocities. Your atrocities just lead to more people joining the IDF/Hamas so stop and the atrocities will stop. You show pictures of babies beheaded and in ovens and we will show pictures of bombed dead babies. Oh for a world filled with reasonable people.
Glad you're finally on board about the Israeli Goverment/Idf committing Atrocities/War Crimes and being terrorist.

Did you believe the Israelis when they say a senior Hamas commander and dozens of fighters were killed when they bombed the refugee camp?

I don’t believe much of what is being said from either side and even less from clearly biased sources on twitter etc.

It’s all part of the fog of war, the campaign for hearts and minds and propaganda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.