Israel-Palestine Conflict

I've already explained that I don't think it is proportionate. If you can explain to me how this is justified I'd really like to hear it?
So what is proportionate in your opinion? You raised the subject so what do you think the realistic alternatives are.

So what is proportionate in your opinion? You raised the subject so what do you think the realistic alternatives are.

Stop the indiscriminate bombing. United Nations said it perfectly. War crimes are being committed. The bombing of apartment blocks with hundreds of people in them is not proportionate. The bombing of hospitals, schools and universities is proportionate. The entire infrastructure of the country and the death of over 11,000, half of which are children cannot be justified. This isn't a war, this is a destruction of a people.

And yet if Hamas hadn't attacked this war wouldn't have started.
This has been 70 years in the making. Every 10 years Israel bombard the Gaza Strip. If Israel had followed international law, and stayed within their 1948 borders this would not be happening today and Hamas wouldn't have been created. Sometimes you have to look at the disease, and not the symptoms. Every incursion and more land is taken. This latest one will be exactly the same. Israel will cut the Gaza Strip in half, and keep the land in between giving them access to Mediterranean sea.

This is the reality.

Not in my opinion. He keeps saying Hamas started this war. My contention is the war did not start on October 7th, any more than the Israelis started it by killing over 200 people in the west bank this year, or the increasing settler violence.
This war has been ongoing for a long time.
The whole area has been a shit show forever Isreal neighbours and isreal have done dreadful things to each other, some seem to want to be oblivious to those of one side .
One thing is for sure if hamms hadn't done what they did half of Gaza wouldn't be flat now . What shocks me if that people that apparently care about innocemt palestians try ans deflect this away from Hammas and to me this suggests they hate isreal more than they care for Palestinians

Netanyahu was a product of israel kicking back , it doesn't make what he has done correct , but just in as much as people can argue that hammas attack was a product of oppression Netanyahu was a product of attacks on Israel
Kind of true, but the kicker was the attacks were mainly from Hamas and we know how Hamas was started and nurtured he created a monster for his own political needs and now the monster is out of control it's an age old story and cautionary tale

What's worse is no one knows how this all ends, and that's a disaster for the region in general and the West is not immune

Why do you get so affronted with this? It's a relevant question to ask someone in response to their comments. It's going to keep being asked I'm afraid so either get used to it or ignore it, easy either way for me

I don't put people on ignore, why would I? And I am not easily affronted. I just think you are trolling now.

Kind of true, but the kicker was the attacks were mainly from Hamas and we know how Hamas was started and nurtured he created a monster for his own political needs and now the monster is out of control it's an age old story and cautionary tale

What's worse is no one knows how this all ends, and that's a disaster for the region in general and the West is not immune
I agree , but would Nayanthu have had that power in the first place if isreal wasn't kicking back , its a terrible situation but it can't be looked at in isolation, unless of corse people chose too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.