Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

Our shuttlebus was hit by a UEFA firework, we found it on fire and almost burnt out on our return to car park. Honest.
In regard fireworks we had a few around us who got little bits of them in their eyes that fell down onto the bottom tier, yet another fuck up as I guarantee they weren’t proper fireworks.

Yet the club remains silent!

They don't care about us mate. The more and more successful we become the easier it is for us to be replaced. That's maybe what they want. Newer fans with fatter wallets. The loyalty side of things only seems to matter amongst ourselves.

If their corporates were treated like that I'm sure they'd have already kicked up a stink by now.

I don’t know how I got lucky with beers in fan park?? I had no issue getting them all day straight away never had to queue, only had to fight for the last ones but still got a round of 5 beers at just gone 8pm.

You mean this kind of progress mate?!

Yes UEFA are at fault and it should never have hosted the final in the first place. Other people should be held to account though.... not just UEFA!

Who else should be held to account though? Police possibly for not restricting traffic perhaps but it looks like there are too few alternatives routes in the area.
City and Inter had just over three weeks to arrange stuff, but UEFA have been planning it for years. The stadium never hosts big events so they had no experience of large crowds. If UEFA wanted to keep friends with the Turkish FA they should have given them the Europa League final and used Galatasaray's ground.

Thought it was supposed to be 8? Lad in our round went up and he got told they'd sold out. Maybe your bar didn't but I'm pretty sure ours did.
We got to the fanzone after 7-30 and got half a dozen pints from the last bar before the turnstiles. - One of the barstaff was being shown how to pour from a can without getting a pot full of head.

What still puzzles me is why they had it there at that ground when nothing appears to have changed since the team down the East Lancs had similar problems many years ago when their final was there?

Maybe, if our club are talking to UEFA about it, they could ask that question?
A building site covered in rubble was what they said they had to walk over and our fans are saying the same over 20 yrs later.
No other venue in Turkey meets the stadium capacity requirement. - It's that simple.

In regard fireworks we had a few around us who got little bits of them in their eyes that fell down onto the bottom tier, yet another fuck up as I guarantee they weren’t proper fireworks.
i agree. fireworks during the cup ceremony were so weak (i watched on tv)... they could not organize that as well....
the thing is, i believe, due to the elections last month, municipalilty of istanbul did not focus on matchday organization. that's the main reason of all those issues.

Who else should be held to account though? Police possibly for not restricting traffic perhaps but it looks like there are too few alternatives routes in the area.
City and Inter had just over three weeks to arrange stuff, but UEFA have been planning it for years. The stadium never hosts big events so they had no experience of large crowds. If UEFA wanted to keep friends with the Turkish FA they should have given them the Europa League final and used Galatasaray's ground.

We got to the fanzone after 7-30 and got half a dozen pints from the last bar before the turnstiles. - One of the barstaff was being shown how to pour from a can without getting a pot full of head.

There's lots of cogs in the wheel mate. Local government, Police and the traffic management in general etc. Ultimately it is UEFA's head on the block and so it should be. Who signed those shuttles off as being roadworthy? I feel fortunate only one of mine broke down as somebody said there's broke down to and from the stadium. Who gave those estimated times to UEFA? If the hour predicted from the fanzone to the stadium was accurate you could maybe understand why they didn't provide toilets and water. Unfortunately every single route was double or treble the quoted times. My 3 journeys (not including queues) should have taken 4 hours and 10 mins which I thought was challenging enough as it was but in reality it ended up taking 9. Maybe these times were heavily underestimated on purpose to ensure we didn't use the metro? Questions we'll probably never get the answers to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.