Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

is there any reported issues for shuttle buses today? I’m getting shuttle bus from Taksim Square . Flights at 5 oclock. Was thinking of setting off about 2pm
Traffic was ok but we came from just near the stadium so closer to IST. Queues to get into the airport complex werent great. Would leave an hour earlier…

Good view of this tho

Attachments

• 98105649-A818-4DF1-879E-FD8889E9992F.jpeg
    98105649-A818-4DF1-879E-FD8889E9992F.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 172
Absolute shambles after the game, what was the point of those stewards / Reps holding the Sportsworld Signs. Came out into the already described dark, crowded and chaotic car park.

One bus for IST and that was rammed, directed by a useless Sportsworld rep down the side of some other coaches, asked another where are the buses for the airport to be told he didn't know, maybe over there.

Only persistent pestering of some kind of local transport bods, did they start to open up some buses for airport. FFS it was like it was a surprise that more than one shuttle was needed. 2 1/2 hours on a hot and dangerously overcrowded bus, to crawl out of the one exit.

Official day trip, so plane was held for us, left about 1 1/2 hours late (which I took as a result in the end), then the pleasure of Manchester Airport, where we had to wait for 30 mins on the plane whilst they decided to sort out coaches to the terminal. TBF apparently 2 planes landed at similar times, so naturally an airport will struggle to plan for shit like that......

Thank Christ we won!

Last edited:
Traffic was ok but we came from just near the stadium so closer to IST. Queues to get into the airport complex werent great. Would leave an hour earlier…

Good view of th
is there any reported issues for shuttle buses today? I’m getting shuttle bus from Taksim Square . Flights at 5 oclock. Was thinking of setting off about 2pm
Is there shuttle buses today back to the airport ? I thought they were finished at 12

First shuttle to the fan park which was supposed to be 1 hour 40 took about 3.5 hours as the bus driver kept fucking up as well as the traffic.

Due to this we sacked the fan park off and jumped on the shuttle to the stadium. This went at a snails pace and struggled up hill. Ultimately it broke down and we had to desert it and jump in the next shuttle that came along.

Absolutely zero organisation from the ones from the stadium. Stewards were nowhere to be seen and everybody was congregating around the Istanbul and SAW coaches. Only when a driver that walked past and said there were more further up the car park did people head in that direction.

Spent about 8 hours on them in total. Absolute fucking joke. Thank fuck we won.
Shuttle buses I was on broke down both on way to stadium and to airport after game. Luckily others behind to squeeze on. From the reaction of the drivers I would say a regular occurrence.

We ended up walking over an hour, gave up on buses, found a metro stop that was closed but a taxi pulled up, managed to get him down to 500 Turkish lira back to Taksim, grabbed a kebab and back to hotel by 3

As well as the shuttle bud farce both before and after the game UEFA also need to look at lack of toilets in fan zone, useless catering, shit stadium (no leg room) and how much money did that shit five minutes of music and fireworks cost. Instead of spending that money bring the price of tickets down. Get rid of all the neutrals and hangers on and give more tickets to the finalists. Shambles of an event. Must have been organised by school kids. City need to ensure the fans are represented.
What % of fans would have said let’s have burna boy as the entertainment, the two lads either side of me weren’t interested and no doubt part of his rida would have been a bunch of great tickets meaning even less for the fans. UEFA don’t give a dam and City won’t take our cause up, being told you need to take your passport then no checks wtf. As long as the VIPS and sponsors are happy job done roll on to Wembley

This is what pissed me off. UEFA banging on about contactless payment but those doing the food would not let me pay in TLira. Insisted it had be Euro. I couldn't remember my card pin number. They wanted €2.50 for free water.
Agreed but as Turkey isn’t in euro why the fuck should we pay in euro. Some scammers walking up and down aisles with UEFA ID which was obviously faked trying sell small cartons of water for 100tl. Robbing cunts which is what I told one. Heard of these people paying stewards to get into fan zone etc to sell overpriced shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.