Istanbul | It’s been a blast - Thank You!

a very interesting experience for me, from friday night, about turkish police :)))
we, turkish citizens, esp if you are an opposition guy, we have never had good relations with police. in the streets, in the stadium etc; they do not behave us well...they are so arrogant to us. anyway.
on friday night i met with steve at vera pub, for half an hour i was with them with my dickov jersey; there were some turkish fans there, they thought that i am from UK first, many people thought that i was from UK that day. anyway... i gave some torches to steve and his friends; also gave some to turkish guys. then a police came (a civil police-in clothes, there were many that day) and got angry with turkish fans because of torches (they couldnt warn enlishg fans with torches but turks). the turkish guys pointed at me, implying that they got the torches from me, so blame on me.
police looked at me, tought that i am from UK, and just turned his head and go away. :)))))))) it was a funny and strange moment for me, for the first time in my life, turkish police hesitated, reluctant against me:))))

Last edited:
Still here , back to Perth tomorrow.
What a trip! 9.5/10 …. In no order…
-Those couple of night on Nevizade , James Joyce Pub , Edinboro Pub , mental.
-Turkish people generally fantastic , only the odd taxi driver doing their stuff.
-Istanbul … what a vast , vibrant and generally great city.
-Inter Milan fans …brilliant. No problems , polite and friendly.
-City fans … well what can I add … the best!
-Cheapest beer I found 60 lira , dearest 250 lira ( got stung) , usually 130 lira.
-Food good , kebab shops everywhere , some better than others.
-2.5 cats / square metre.
- Mens barbers every second shop … couldn’t work that out?
- Stayed in Taksim , but Kadikoy next time , if there is a next time.

Overall one of the most memorable weeks of my longish life. Catching up with
old mates from back in Chaddy to meeting loads of new blues who are now mates. Anyway , home for a rest and recovery.

Champions of Europe!
Its still not sunk in properly.
Don't suppose your the guy I bumped into Sunday whilst I was walking towards the grand bazaar flying back to Perth via doha? If so, nice to meet you and one hell of dedication making the trip!

Did Thursday until Monday and loved every minute of it apart from the taxi drivers trying it on every time but was expecting that , locals were brill

Did Thursday until Monday and loved every minute of it apart from the taxi drivers trying it on every time but was expecting that , locals were brill
Just out of interest why didn’t anybody use the Uber app? The yellow taxi’s use it anyway and we found it about £8 for a 45 minute ride.

Just out of interest why didn’t anybody use the Uber app? The yellow taxi’s use it anyway and we found it about £8 for a 45 minute ride.

I did. Airport 400-450 Lira. Got picked up straightaway outside my apartment.

Tried a few times but always came back as couldn’t find a driver so fucked it off we never paid well over odds but had a few arguments with them trying it on

I tried 500 TRY to stadium when booked got message $200 tried again booked then message 250 euro ended up taxi outside hotel 79 euros, no reply from Uber when detailed what happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.