It’s the End of the World As We Know It

I wasnt sure were to put this. Put is it just me that feels like this.

Do I feel entitled to want to see a game of football after spending 70quid on a ticket and travelling 600 miles. I would feel ripped of after the gooners.

I really dont mind a 2-1, 2-3 we came up for the spuds game 3-3, plenty to chat about on the way home lol.

Perhaps it's an age thing now were I dont fancy paying alot of money and spending most of my weekends travelling to watch a training game of attack v defence.

I dont expect City to win every game. But I would like to enjoy a game even if its nil-nil it can still be a good game.

perhaps if I lived round the corner it wouldnt annoy me so much.

Arsenal certainly werent interested in the world wide audience last night, werent interested in the paying public. If more and more teams adopt these than the league will lose its interest. People watch football to be entertained and see goals.

The best non City I've seen this season was the dippers v rags fa cup. Not for the skill levels (poor) but for the entertainment level plenty of goals plenty of missed chances, a last minute winner compare that to yesterday.

Perhaps it's a compliment to City that most teams dont want to play football against us. But I'm I feeling abit entitled to say I dont want to pay 70quid spend my weekend travelling and sleeping to watch a boring game.

I know people will say it's down to City to break them down. True to some extent but it takes two teams to want to win that makes a game !
That’s fair, mate. And I am not speaking (with my tongue firmly pressing against my cheek) about the match-going blues that were disappointed in the value for money of their experience. Though, I will say I think that the Arsenal players are far more at fault for that being poor than our lads.

That’s fair, mate. And I am not speaking (with my tongue firmly pressing against my cheek) about the match-going blues that were disappointed in the value for money of their experience. Though, I will say I think that the Arsenal players are far more at fault for that being poor than our lads.
Arsenal were shocking, just a pity we couldn’t find one moment of magic to send them home with nothing, because that is all they deserved.

Flashback to 2008 and every Manchester City fan would have been happy just to win the League Cup, it would have meant the world to loads of my lost friends who sadly passed away before all this, Just a day out at Wembley and bringing home the League cup would have done.

In fact we used to say fuck the top 4 and the champions league is full of pansies mard arses overpaid players and
if that is football you can keep it, Manchester City fans never asked for Glory, We turned up in our thousands week in and week out, even when the money for how long turning on the floodlights was looked at as a cost-cutting way to save money, who remembers the floodlights only being turned on about 15 minutes before kick-off

Hoped, yes that maybe one day the glory days of the 1960s could happen again and City win a title and a cup,
Never look a gift horse in the mouth they say

So let me tell you

Manchester City is never going to be over or finished (end of the world) We are still in the title race and Champions League and FA Cup semi-final, what more do you want ?

I'm still fuming about the Summer transfer window. I've made my feelings known multiple times. Pep and the players have been let down badly and have worked miracles to be in the hunt for 3 trophies still and have top 4 all but sown up. Our squad depth has all but vanished and we've lost real quality with no replacements. Despite that the effort of the players and commitment has never dipped which is a credit to them and the manager.

We need a huge overhaul in the Summer and we have to get the big decisions right. What to do with Kev could make or break our next 5 years.

Flashback to 2008 and every Manchester City fan would have been happy just to win the League Cup, it would have meant the world to loads of my lost friends who sadly passed away before all this, Just a day out at Wembley and bringing home the League cup would have done.

In fact we used to say fuck the top 4 and the champions league is full of pansies mard arses overpaid players and
if that is football you can keep it, Manchester City fans never asked for Glory, We turned up in our thousands week in and week out, even when the money for how long turning on the floodlights was looked at as a cost-cutting way to save money, who remembers the floodlights only being turned on about 15 minutes before kick-off

Hoped, yes that maybe one day the glory days of the 1960s could happen again and City win a title and a cup,
Never look a gift horse in the mouth they say

So let me tell you

Manchester City is never going to be over or finished (end of the world) We are still in the title race and Champions League and FA Cup semi-final, what more do you want ?
Hear, hear!

We have had big problems trying to get tickets this season, we normally aim for at least ten games.
We didnt have the money available to pay for all the games in the start of the season free for all.
Tickets now 60quid or more. Cant afford to stay over for champions league games. So for the first time ever we couldnt get knock out tickets.

I feel my matchdays are fast coming to an end through costs, park the bus matches and now having to have a certain criteria. This season has been a nightmare.

But I can guarantee when I watch the RM game they will be plenty of half n half scarfs. When match going fan of over 50 years doesnt qualify nowadays.

Seen some great matches live PSG, RM, Rags , the villa comeback game. Now the end is near, as someone sang lol. The only game we are hopefully of getting is Brighton away due to it being a midweek game and fairly close to us.

I guess it will take some getting use to not attending as many matches but it's not my doing. I cant afford to attend the group stages of the CL. It's about losing 6 days pay, 3 hotel Bill's just to be allowed to get matches for the knockout stages.

Just got an email I have tickets for Brighton :)

Last edited:
We have had big problems trying to get tickets this season, we normally aim for at least ten games.
We didnt have the money available to pay for all the games in the start of the season free for all.
Tickets now 60quid or more. Cant afford to stay over for champions league games. So for the first time ever we couldnt get knock out tickets.

I feel my matchdays are fast coming to an end through costs, park the bus matches and now having to have a certain criteria. This season has been a nightmare.

But I can guarantee when I watch the RM game they will be plenty of half n half scarfs. When match going fan of over 50 years doesnt qualify nowadays.

Seen some great matches live PSG, RM, Rags , the villa comeback game. Now the end is near, as someone sang lol. The only game we are hopefully of getting is Brighton away due to it being a midweek game and fairly close to us.

I guess it will take some getting use to not attending as many matches but it's not my doing. I cant afford to attend the group stages of the CL. It's about losing 6 days pay, 3 hotel Bill's just to be allowed to get matches for the knockout stages.
I have heard the same from family and mates.

For me, as a blue now living in the US, coming back for games, when I still could physically, was incredibly expensive and a decent amount of effort. I can’t imagine how it is now, given I haven’t been able to do it for five years.

I will say I am disappointed in the club confiscating the banner before the match; thought that was unnecessary, tone deaf, and will just lead to a Streisand effect, anyway.

And I think there will be a reckoning soon when it comes to pricing out local supporters.

But I also know that is not an issue unique to us, unfortunately, and I am an economist at heart, and also know there aren’t many great, ‘every one wins’ solutions.

I have written more at length elsewhere on the forum about the cost cliff that the league is hurdling toward and how that might significantly negatively impact the overall product (entertainment value) for the masses watching on the TV, which seems to be the league’s focus these days. And my belief the league (and clubs) are going to have to take a hit financially to ensure the local supporters can attend and provide the sort of atmosphere at matches that has helped make league so successful.

Meh, I'm not impressed that much by Arse or LiVARpool.

We've been in worse spots at this point in the season and come out on top.

I think as i look at this team and last years i am concerned that we are more dependent on the 9 than we had been for a few seasons and I think the absence of that forced the paradigm shift that created teams with the intricacy and beauty we all came to expect and now miss. Now we have a beast at the 9 and he's still learning his craft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.