It’s the End of the World As We Know It

There is a reason no team has won four prems in a row , people fucking annoy me slagging the team off this season , i never once expected us to do it again this year

Yet we still can and I think will.

None of the cunts slagging us off deserve to celebrate at the end of the season when we’ve made more history.
As I said in the post-match thread, a lot of the response we have seen to our draw against Arsenal comes from the intoxication of consistent domination (inherently unsustainable) which often shifts expectations in to the the realm of the unreasonable and unattainable.

It happens to every continually successful club and I just hope we can keep the contingent of fans stoned off our success from being as pervasive and influential as they have become at the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, and United.

As I said in the post-match thread, a lot of the response we have seen to our draw against Arsenal comes from the intoxication of consistent domination (inherently unsustainable) which often shifts expectations in to the the realm of the unreasonable and unattainable.

It happens to every continually successful club and I just hope we can keep the contingent of fans stoned off our success from being as pervasive and influential as they have become at the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, and United.
The vast majority of moaning and expectation comes from the posters who joined up in the last 3 years or so.
That’s not a coincidence.

Fuck’em.

Meh, I'm not impressed that much by Arse or LiVARpool.

We've been in worse spots at this point in the season and come out on top.

I think as i look at this team and last years i am concerned that we are more dependent on the 9 than we had been for a few seasons and I think the absence of that forced the paradigm shift that created teams with the intricacy and beauty we all came to expect and now miss. Now we have a beast at the 9 and he's still learning his craft.
Sorry, Zen, where we are isn’t good enough. And Arsenal and Liverpool are now infinitely better than us—their draws against us shows that unequivocally.

If we aren’t winning the quintuple every season we have failed as a club.

I am afraid the end is near and we should all be deeply depressed by the prospect.

/sarcasm

Errr did we lose yesterday? I know at 90 minutes it was still a draw. Did I fall asleep and wake up in a parallel universe where we lost!?

For goodness sake. If the Boys in Blue never give up and they fight to the end, surely we as mere fans can do the same. Never lose the optimism, never lose the faith. It kept us going for 40 odd years let’s keep it going for ever. :-)

Errr did we lose yesterday? I know at 90 minutes it as still a draw. Did I fall asleep and wake up in a parallel universe where we drew!?

For goodness sake. If tge Boys in Blue never give up and they fight to the end, surely we as mere fans can do the same. Never lose the optimism, never lose the faith. It kept us going for 40 odd years let’s keep it going for ever. :-)
I think you may have missed the dripping satire in elements of my OP. I agree with you wholeheartedly. ;-)

I will keep watching and supporting the club regardless what happen at the end of seasons.

While it will be nice winning titles again especially the league, it will not be the end of the world for me if that not happened and hope our club will try it again next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.