It hasn't sunk in yet

I bought the March "King of the Kippax", first time in years, but only started reading it last night. Headlines like "Something's Wrong", "Is Erling Haaland the problem now" etc etc. As depressing as the Match Day Thread.

How did it all go so right ?
We had it all to do and passed every test. Every big game, every player played their part. It all fell into place. Mad.

Yes we're one, two, three trophy winners
and we lu-uv you
Yes, City's one, two, three trophy winners
and we lu-uv you.
(Three times a lady)

Might need tweaking but I
would love to hear this sung next season.
Soppy sod aren't I?

It's mad. I think we've had better teams and players, like Toure, Aguero, Silva and Kompany but they haven't achieved what this group has. Our mental resolve was immense, week after week we faced huge challenges knowing one loss and that was as good as the end of a trophy, but we kept on winning. A superb achievement.

It's mad. I think we've had better teams and players, like Toure, Aguero, Silva and Kompany but they haven't achieved what this group has. Our mental resolve was immense, week after week we faced huge challenges knowing one loss and that was as good as the end of a trophy, but we kept on winning. A superb achievement.
where do you put Gundo in comparison to those players

where do you put Gundo in comparison to those players

Yes he's proved his worth over the years with some vital goals. It's not a criticism of the current squad I'm just saying I think we've had more quality in other squads and not reached the dizzy heights of this season, we've come close though, just the champions league out of reach until this season.

Last edited:
The reality of a new season and a fresh start has kicked in, The fear that fans will want more of the same and they have set the Bar and level at the treble winners,

Now for me, it's the first new season since the take over we don't have something to prove or something to put right, Forget the Super Cup or Club World Cup they are meaningless, The Title and Europe is the judge and jury and can we go again

Whatever about better players, and I'm not sure there's a definitive answer to that one one way or the other, I don't think we've had a better "team", as in a collective unit. Our other XIs have had that togetherness, no question; I just think this bunch has a certain something extra. Others on here will disagree with me; so be it.

Whatever about better players, and I'm not sure there's a definitive answer to that one one way or the other, I don't think we've had a better "team", as in a collective unit. Our other XIs have had that togetherness, no question; I just think this bunch has a certain something extra. Others on here will disagree with me; so be it.
I would say the current squad are a lot closer on a personal level than other squads, been numerous photos shared this summer of the players still meeting while being on holiday.

Kev, Ilkay & Ake we’re together
Bernandos Wedding
Grealish & Laporte
Grealish & Haaland
Grealish and everyone the pisshead

A reminder of what an amazing season we've just witnessed. Posted earlier in players thread, but deserves a wider viewing, enjoy :-)

Hopefully he's now settled in now and we,ll start to see the best of him this season :-) (along with Kalvin)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.