It hasn't sunk in yet

Think it’s started to sink in. Maybe it’s the lack of sleep, walked into work and one of my colleagues knew I’d been, smiled and said ‘Good weekend?’ My eyes welled up.

Best weekend ever. Amazing atmosphere. Amazing people. Amazing memories. Privileged to have shared it with so many.

Think it’s started to sink in. Maybe it’s the lack of sleep, walked into work and one of my colleagues knew I’d been, smiled and said ‘Good weekend?’ My eyes welled up.

Best weekend ever. Amazing atmosphere. Amazing people. Amazing memories. Privileged to have shared it with so many.
I know there has been horror stories with this trip....but this above is what I'm holding on to......Special

Just beginning to sink in. I suddenly realised a few days ago how the commentary in CL games will change now. None of this reeling off of how we just can’t get over the line, or how Pep hasn’t won it for blah, blah, blah.

I actually think I need that first game of the season back at the stadium for it all to truly hit home. Same with winning the first ever Manchester derby FA Cup final. Shame we don’t get to sing to the rags until March.

CTID

Last edited:
All these weeks later….

Kids were watching clips of it last night and i just stood and gawped at the telly and thought “wow. Manchester city, champions of europe”

As an 8 year old and crying when luton relegated us i cheered my self up over the summer when we signed parlane, tolmie and mcnab.
I saw absolutely no reason why we wouldnt win the 2nd div, win the 1st div the year after and then the european cup.

Only had to wait 40 years.

Ps jim tolmie is still one of my favourite ever players

All these weeks later….

Kids were watching clips of it last night and i just stood and gawped at the telly and thought “wow. Manchester city, champions of europe”

As an 8 year old and crying when luton relegated us i cheered my self up over the summer when we signed parlane, tolmie and mcnab.
I saw absolutely no reason why we wouldnt win the 2nd div, win the 1st div the year after and then the european cup.

Only had to wait 40 years.

Ps jim tolmie is still one of my favourite ever players
I can’t believe it’s only 6 weeks ago, feels like 3 or 4 months back for some reason. Summer dragging on a bit.

Just beginning to sink in. I suddenly realised a few days ago how the commentary in CL games will change now. None of this reeling off of how we just can’t get over the line, or how Pep hasn’t won it for blah, blah, blah.

I actually think I need that first game of the season back at the stadium for it all to truly hit home. Same with winning the first ever Manchester derby FA Cup final. Shame we don’t get to sing to the rags until March.

CTID
Got exactly the same feeling, hoping they'll bring the trophies out before kick off. In fact - they should probably do that before EVERY home game... Until we do it again ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.