It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfers

Re: It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfe

The first signing for us will be Thursday the 5th...

Planning, Transfers and Man Management

It doesn't seem five minutes since Vinny was holding the premier league trophy aloft and everything in the garden appeared rosy. Rags were 7th and the bin dippers were well and truly put back in their box. We had won a domestic double what could possibly go wrong?

Well the first problem which occurred was FFP, and since then we have what can only be discribed as Cakegate with all the trimmings thrown in for good measure by Yaya and his agent.

We have also had a very profesional and exhilarating interview from our Chairman. So what has all this to do with the above title.

Planning
From the Chairman's speech we know that in terms of strengthening the side planning for that has been going on for months and as he stated those plans will be executed swiftly. It is probably stating the obvious but during the planning we knew before the end of the season that three stalwarts of the team were going to leave, Barry, Lescott and Pants.

I know you will be fed up of me repeating this but whether Champions League of Prem League we can only have 17 foreign players (subject to any further restrictions imposed by UEFA which we don't know as yet) and therefore by the fact Pants was leaving us created an opportunity to look to see what player could fill the void.
As yet there are no firm indications who that player will be and it seems to me we have three options:-

1) We can replace like for like with another foreign keeper
2) We can replace with a homegrown player
3) We can promote from within.

Each has there own advantages and disadvantages and no doubt they will have to be weighed in the balance in deciding who we should appoint. eg., the keeper from Malaga sounds as though he would put Joe to the test in keeping the number 1 jersey but that may be at the expense of being able to strengthen the team elsewhere which actually needs it. Whereas if we appointed a Shay Given or Westwood although the number 2 jersey may be good it wouldn't provide the correct competition and we may be found wanting if Joe was to have a serious injury or he were simply to lose form again.

In the planning process I have no doubt that a right back as replacement for Micah was planned, as was a new centre back along with a defensive midfielder. A total of 4 players, with the possibility all four would be foreign or at least three of them.
Remember those 17 foreign players well if you take directly from the official site the foreign players on our books and add the four persons the following can be observed:-

1) Foreign back up keeper (Willy)
2) Zab
3) New Right back foreign (Sagna)
4) Kompany
5) De michelis
6) Nastisic
7) New centre back (Benatia/Mangala)
8) Kolorov
9) Garcia
10) Yaya
11) Fernandhino
12) New defensive midfield player foreign (Fernando)
13) Navas
14) Silva
15) Nasri
16) Dzeko
17) Aguero
18) Jovetic
19) Negredo

So in terms of planning our foreign contingent would be overloaded and need to be reduced by 2.
Only two players out of the foreign contingent that I have seen linked away from the club consistently over the last 12 months are Dzeko and or Kolorov. Now if the players in brackets are realistic incomings from the above, it seems to me we are planning on starting next season with three strikers, and that Sagna would in fact replace Kolorov at left back rather than Richards at right back or we would start the season with three full backs instead of four. Both Sagna and Zab can play left back as well as right back. Which then leads me into transfers:-

Transfers

For the most part the above named players have in fact occupied most of the speculation in most of the papers and whether they are ITK or not some posters believe these deals are done. I still believe we are on course with those transfer in the main because our Chairman stated FFP was a pinch and would not affect our transfer dealings so all well and good and the above squad list seems still sound.

What our Chairman and club didn't appreciate or allow for was cakegate. It seems again with have three options:-

1) We sell Yaya
2) We make him see out his contract at city but effectively have a very disgruntled person on our hands
3) Reach a compromise

This brings me on to man management

Man Management
The Chairman in his speech praised everyone at the club for the harmony within the club this year, then this bombshell so what do we do, without knowing the ins and out it is impossible to speculate, however I would like to think that the club may reach a compromise with him, IMO that is good man management, even if it only for this season, if not, I would certainly look to sell as a second option and only if there were no buyers would I consider making him see out his contract, (putting him with the kids) which once the new facility is opened, wouldn't be far away. do we really want a rotten apple infecting all the good ones?

Which is why I believe we are looking at alternatives such as Isco, even if he is on loan for a year. If Yaya stays I suspect Isco won't be considered.

I know some on here do not rate Garcia and would have him sold before Dzeko or Kolorov, if that is so the club are keeping his sale extremely close to their chest, as there hasn't been even a sniff of a sale of him to anyone. Furthermore in response to FFP Richards and Milner may have to see out their remaining year as well. That says to me we aren't looking at buying any homegrown players, so the likes of Barkley, Fabregas and Shaw I suspect is pure paper speculation.

Therefore our final squad may look like this

.............................................Hart/Willy

Zab/Richards..............Kompany/Demichelis.........Benatia or Mangala /Nasty.......Sagna/Clichy

Navas/Milner..............Isco or Yaya/Fernadhino...........Garcia/Fernando........Nasri/Silva

....................................Negredo/Aguero/Jovetic.

Question is the above squad stronger than last seasons squad?

PS I know some of you will automatically say get rid of Garcia - my answer will be to who? has anyone bid for him...do we know the MCFC actually want to get rid.

Rammyblues said:

It doesn't seem five minutes since Vinny was holding the premier league trophy aloft and everything in the garden appeared rosy. Rags were 7th and the bin dippers were well and truly put back in their box. We had won a domestic double what could possibly go wrong?

Well the first problem which occurred was FFP, and since then we have what can only be discribed as Cakegate with all the trimmings thrown in for good measure by Yaya and his agent.

We have also had a very profesional and exhilarating interview from our Chairman. So what has all this to do with the above title.

Planning
From the Chairman's speech we know that in terms of strengthening the side planning for that has been going on for months and as he stated those plans will be executed swiftly. It is probably stating the obvious but during the planning we knew before the end of the season that three stalwarts of the team were going to leave, Barry, Lescott and Pants.

I know you will be fed up of me repeating this but whether Champions League of Prem League we can only have 17 foreign players (subject to any further restrictions imposed by UEFA which we don't know as yet) and therefore by the fact Pants was leaving us created an opportunity to look to see what player could fill the void.
As yet there are no firm indications who that player will be and it seems to me we have three options:-

Each has there own advantages and disadvantages and no doubt they will have to be weighed in the balance in deciding who we should appoint. eg., the keeper from Malaga sounds as though he would put Joe to the test in keeping the number 1 jersey but that may be at the expense of being able to strengthen the team elsewhere which actually needs it. Whereas if we appointed a Shay Given or Westwood although the number 2 jersey may be good it wouldn't provide the correct competition and we may be found wanting if Joe was to have a serious injury or he were simply to lose form again.

In the planning process I have no doubt that a right back as replacement for Micah was planned, as was a new centre back along with a defensive midfielder. A total of 4 players, with the possibility all four would be foreign or at least three of them.
Remember those 17 foreign players well if you take directly from the official site the foreign players on our books and add the four persons the following can be observed:-

2) Zab
4) Kompany
5) De michelis
6) Nastisic
8) Kolorov
9) Garcia
10) Yaya
11) Fernandhino
13) Navas
14) Silva
15) Nasri
16) Dzeko
17) Aguero
18) Jovetic
19) Negredo

So in terms of planning our foreign contingent would be overloaded and need to be reduced by 2.
Only two players out of the foreign contingent that I have seen linked away from the club consistently over the last 12 months are Dzeko and or Kolorov. Now if the players in brackets are realistic incomings from the above, it seems to me we are planning on starting next season with three strikers, and that Sagna would in fact replace Kolorov at left back rather than Richards at right back or we would start the season with three full backs instead of four. Both Sagna and Zab can play left back as well as right back. Which then leads me into transfers:-

Transfers

For the most part the above named players have in fact occupied most of the speculation in most of the papers and whether they are ITK or not some posters believe these deals are done. I still believe we are on course with those transfer in the main because our Chairman stated FFP was a pinch and would not affect our transfer dealings so all well and good and the above squad list seems still sound.

What our Chairman and club didn't appreciate or allow for was cakegate. It seems again with have three options:-

1) We sell Yaya
2) We make him see out his contract at city but effectively have a very disgruntled person on our hands
3) Reach a compromise

Man Management
The Chairman in his speech praised everyone at the club for the harmony within the club this year, then this bombshell so what do we do, without knowing the ins and out it is impossible to speculate, however I would like to think that the club may reach a compromise with him, IMO that is good man management, even if it only for this season, if not, I would certainly look to sell as a second option and only if there were no buyers would I consider making him see out his contract, (putting him with the kids) which once the new facility is opened, wouldn't be far away. do we really want a rotten apple infecting all the good ones?

Which is why I believe we are looking at alternatives such as Isco, even if he is on loan for a year. If Yaya stays I suspect Isco won't be considered.

I know some on here do not rate Garcia and would have him sold before Dzeko or Kolorov, if that is so the club are keeping his sale extremely close to their chest, as there hasn't been even a sniff of a sale of him to anyone. Furthermore in response to FFP Richards and Milner may have to see out their remaining year as well. That says to me we aren't looking at buying any homegrown players, so the likes of Barkley, Fabregas and Shaw I suspect is pure paper speculation.

Zab/Richards..............Kompany/Demichelis.........Benatia or Mangala /Nasty.......Sagna/Clichy

Navas/Milner..............Isco or Yaya/Fernadhino...........Garcia/Fernando........Nasri/Silva

PS I know some of you will automatically say get rid of Garcia - my answer will be to who? has anyone bid for him...do we know the MCFC actually want to get rid.

won't nasatic be able to go on the b list?

I keep getting these mixed up but I believe he can go on the B list for CL but not the premier league.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Rammyblues said:
........................................Therefore our final squad may look like this

won't nastatic be able to go on the b list?
vital if we've only got 21

Rammyblues said:

Planning

2) Zab
4) Kompany
5) De michelis
6) Nastisic
8) Kolorov
9) Garcia
10) Yaya
11) Fernandhino
13) Navas
14) Silva
15) Nasri
16) Dzeko
17) Aguero
18) Jovetic
19) Negredo

Transfers

1) We sell Yaya
3) Reach a compromise

Man Management

If we do sell Kolorov like you say, I think we will be getting Cole in as a stop gap replacement because of the HG quota. I'm sure Pellegrini wouldn't have Sagna rotate at LB. I think we will keep Richards and let him see out his contract. He, Boyata and Wright will be the HG club trained players, but will not get a game in unless both Zab and Sagna are out with injuries and/or a majority of our center backs are out as well as. We might keep Garcia as well because if we do have a lot of injuries at CB, Pellers would rather stick Javi in instead of Boyata or Richards. But if Pellers thinks Fernando can do a job at as a CB fill in, Javi might be gone.

Larry Stranger said:
Rammyblues said:

Planning

2) Zab
4) Kompany
5) De michelis
6) Nastisic
8) Kolorov
9) Garcia
10) Yaya
11) Fernandhino
13) Navas
14) Silva
15) Nasri
16) Dzeko
17) Aguero
18) Jovetic
19) Negredo

Transfers

1) We sell Yaya
3) Reach a compromise

Man Management

If we do sell Kolorov like you say, I think we will be getting Cole in as a stop gap replacement because of the HG quota. I'm sure Pellegrini wouldn't have Sagna rotate at LB. I think we will keep Richards and let him see out his contract. He, Boyata and Wright will be the HG club trained players, but will not get a game in unless both Zab and Sagna are out with injuries and/or a majority of our center backs are out as well as. We might keep Garcia as well because if we do have a lot of injuries at CB, Pellers would rather stick Javi in instead of Boyata or Richards. But if Pellers thinks Fernando can do a job at as a CB fill in, Javi might be gone.

Javi should be let go, and any game time he would have had be given to Milner. It can't be stressed enough how important it is to keep Jimmy, imo.

^^
Javi and Jimmy are chalk and cheese,i'm not sure where your coming from?

IMHO, City owners will not "manage" personnel for ONE SEASON under FFP. It may mean keeping Richards, but that's about it. This is the PERFECT TIME to blood some youngsters, and we will.

The future is blue.

FantasyIreland said:
^^
Javi and Jimmy are chalk and cheese,i'm not sure where your coming from?

Jimmy is more than capable of doing what Javi does, and he has stated he wants to play in the middle. He is going to have to adjust his game a bit, but this should work for him in the long run as he is quite wasteful from an attacking point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.