It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfers

Re: It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfe

bluechampion7891 said:
George Hannah said:
far too much dysinformation circulating about the transfer market and I'm going to add to it.
City are looking to avoid the FFP spending cap by arranging a series of player exchanges with future years add ons to the low initial fees.
Can we expect a 21 man squad like this for the coming season as a result?

--------------------------------------------------------Hart----------------------------------------------
Zabaleta-----------------Kompany--------------Mangala---------------------------Shaw
Silva-------------------Yaya-------------------------Fernandinho----------------Di Maria
-----------------------------------Aguero---------------Cavani-------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------Westwood-------------------------------------------
Sagna---------------------Marquinos---------------[Nastasic]-----------------Clichy
Nasri-------------------Fernando----------------Pogba----------------------Sanchez
-----------------------------------Dzeko-------------Jovetic----------------------------------

with Nasty on the B list this meets the locally trained restrictions likely to be imposed (16+5)

Koke for money + Negredo and Sanchez for money + money raised from Navas sale is more likely, as long as we are dreaming within the realms of reason.

Jokes aside, why would any club want to give their players for small initial fee or player exchange with less superior players?
It's a way around a single year FFP restriction, not open to PSG btw. Next year as our revenue climbs we will be able to pay off substantial instalments, most transfer fees are already involve staged payments like this anyway. Excellent business for the selling clubs and an opportunity to pursue our own prime objective this season. You're right, that Koke looks like he's gonna be another superstar - sign him up! Surely we'll get some firm news on transfers from the club before this week's out!

bluechampion7891 said:
George Hannah said:
far too much dysinformation circulating about the transfer market and I'm going to add to it.
City are looking to avoid the FFP spending cap by arranging a series of player exchanges with future years add ons to the low initial fees.
Can we expect a 21 man squad like this for the coming season as a result?

--------------------------------------------------------Hart----------------------------------------------
Zabaleta-----------------Kompany--------------Mangala---------------------------Shaw
Silva-------------------Yaya-------------------------Fernandinho----------------Di Maria
-----------------------------------Aguero---------------Cavani-------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------Westwood-------------------------------------------
Sagna---------------------Marquinos---------------[Nastasic]-----------------Clichy
Nasri-------------------Fernando----------------Pogba----------------------Sanchez
-----------------------------------Dzeko-------------Jovetic----------------------------------

with Nasty on the B list this meets the locally trained restrictions likely to be imposed (16+5)

Koke for money + Negredo and Sanchez for money + money raised from Navas sale is more likely, as long as we are dreaming within the realms of reason.

Jokes aside, why would any club want to give their players for small initial fee or player exchange with less superior players?

i dont think the our owners would contemplate offering money for coke!

So with it being leaked 16 foreign players in the squad, the way we are set up wouldn't be surprised that the 5 homegrown will be made up at worse 2 players out of our academy and 3 players from other associations, It could be 1 out of the academy and 4 association. Otherwise why are we trying to sign Fabregas as Milners replacement?

Association Players
Hart
Clichy
Milner / Fabregas
Rodwell

Out of our academy
Boyata

Rammyblues said:
So with it being leaked 16 foreign players in the squad, the way we are set up wouldn't be surprised that the 5 homegrown will be made up at worse 2 players out of our academy and 3 players from other associations, It could be 1 out of the academy and 4 association. Otherwise why are we trying to sign Fabregas as Milners replacement?

Association Players
Hart
Clichy
Milner / Fabregas
Rodwell

Out of our academy
Boyata

Micah still plays for us and is club trained.

So with Sagna signed and Fernando almost done, I am thinking that we may then see the likes of

Micah, Sinclair, Guidetti, sold before the centre back arrives.

Rammyblues said:
So with Sagna signed and Fernando almost done, I am thinking that we may then see the likes of

All surplus and should fetch 8-10m.

and perhaps 5 or 6m a year off the wage bill.

Which would give us around 47m to spend on a centre back!!!!!!! We should be able to get one for that money :-)

FantasyIreland said:
Rammyblues said:

All surplus and should fetch 8-10m.

and perhaps 5 or 6m a year off the wage bill.

Reports already suggest we have been offered 7 - 8m for Micha, 2.5m for Sinclair and 2m if Barry joins Everton. Could get 2.5m sell on clause for Mario and whatever JG is worth. Virtually pays for Fernando plus some in the Bank. Should still have 50m for CB. I still suspect Garcia may go which would give us another 10m. Anything else (Milner/Yaya) would provide additional funds for a replacement. No worries. No flapping. :-)

I see for the first time this summer some indication in the Fernando thread that Garcia might leave. This gives us a couple of opportunities.

1) We can sign Cabellero as back up for Joe, and promote Rodwell as the fourth centre midfield player

Yaya/Fernandhino/Fernando/Rodwell

or

2) Go and sign Sanchez if he wants to come and move Milner to the centre IF he wants to stay and have that role therefore

Yaya/Fernandhino/Fernando/Milner and send Rodwell out on loan.

Of course following option 2 would mean a Homegrown keeper will be required for Joe.

I suspect it will be option one, thereby our signings this summer being Sagna, Fernando, Centre back and Willy Cabellero.

In respect of CL squad I would omit Demichelis from the squad or Cabellero to keep in line with a 21 man squad 16 foreigners, 4 Association trained and 1 homegrown.

If it were me I would rather have Sanchez. :-)

Rammyblues said:
I see for the first time this summer some indication in the Fernando thread that Garcia might leave. This gives us a couple of opportunities.

1) We can sign Cabellero as back up for Joe, and promote Rodwell as the fourth centre midfield player

Yaya/Fernandhino/Fernando/Rodwell

or

2) Go and sign Sanchez if he wants to come and move Milner to the centre IF he wants to stay and have that role therefore

Yaya/Fernandhino/Fernando/Milner and send Rodwell out on loan.

Of course following option 2 would mean a Homegrown keeper will be required for Joe.

I suspect it will be option one, thereby our signings this summer being Sagna, Fernando, Centre back and Willy Cabellero.

In respect of CL squad I would omit Demichelis from the squad or Cabellero to keep in line with a 21 man squad 16 foreigners, 4 Association trained and 1 homegrown.

If it were me I would rather have Sanchez. :-)

Option 2 is good for a lot of reasons.
1) It would make Milner happy to play in his Natural Position-> might lead to contract extension.
2) Milner along with Fernando might just about cut it in a 2 man midfield in Cup games.
3) Sanchez on the wings will finally give a goal scoring wide option.
4) Sanchez is younger than Navas...longevity.
5) I still don't think we need a HG keeper for it to work. We could probably leave Jovetic out of the CL squad. Or sell Negredo since Sanchez can play as a striker. Or even sell Navas (but as an impact sub, he is great, the only problem is his game relies on pace and at 28 I don't know how long that would last)

I would be really disappointed if we didn't at least try to get Sanchez. The price quoted is too good: make an attempt City! 20 million is a very good deal (Navas cost 15 million odd and he was approaching 28!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.