Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Total Mancini masterclass last night - well done Roberto and Italy. Acted throughout the game when changes needed making. Totally deserved it.

I hate Pickford's kicking game - spoilt by Ederson, I guess - but he was brilliant to save those two penalties, shame his team mates let him and England down.

that was Gutting .

if our keeper saves two of the five penalties you think that would be enough but as usual we can’t take penalties.

and as for rashfords hop skip jump, forward roll and then a soft pass against the post , good grief.

That was the first comment I made to my wife. We can criticise them for missing (or having their shots saved) but we should not be bringing colour into it, or doubting their parentage.
But you cannot stop morons.
Incidentally, are the police to blame for those that gate crashed Wembley without tickets? They were for the Hillsborough disaster.
Glad you said colour. The media often calls it racism ... it never is. Pure colour prejudice. Morons.

On reflection, Sterling aside, all our forward thinking players were largely poor this tournament whilst the entire back 4/5 were great and should be team of the tournament as a unit. Funny how going into the tournament all the talk was about how good we are going forward but how defensively vulnerable we are.
Playing 4 defensive midfielders in front of 3 defenders doesn't help. It made England very difficult to play and any side can score on the counter, or from a set-piece.

He gives our Football a bad name ... thank god the Premiership shows the world where we're really at.
Soon all this shite will finish and proper football will be coming back home to the Etihad and the plastics will have found other ways to pass their time.

Can't get my head around their mass support for Mr Anti-Football. Reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes. Needs a little boy to suddenly say "But mum, Mr Southgate's not a good manager."
Yeah, absolutely horrendous stuff from start to finish during the tournament. So much talent could get wasted due to boregate. The luck we’ve had during these 2 major tournaments has been outrageous (in terms of draws) and he’s blown it.

Can't argue that Italy didn't deserve it, but hugely disappointed that England were so defensive almost all game. Yes in part the Italians were to thank for that, but for a team of such supposed talent and togetherness there was a lack of ideas going forward.

England also made some very questionable decisions, which I'm afraid Southgate has to cop for.

Mount has been anonymous all tournament and didn't seem to have a role tonight. Left wing? Centre mid? If Foden had only a minor knock then you have to ask, if we need a goal with ten minutes to go then who can I bring on for one magic moment? It's certainly not Saka, Henderson ok maybe if rice was out of gas but still not good enough, whilst he keeps Raz on despite him not being able to run but doesn't need him to take a penalty...

As Pep would say, we didn't show out character, we didn't play our game. We froze.

And as for being told all week that England were regularly practicing penalties... I guess Rashford and Sancho missed those sessions, and letting Saka take one was just misguided shithousery from the rest of the team. Rashford I still maintain was only there because of his knighthood, if we'd have been bringing on Calvert lewin and even Ings to take those then maybe we'd have done better.

Still, it's done now. I for one actually welcome the break from football. Southgate got Germany right, but hid for the final thinking the Italians couldn't break down the same formation, and showed he can't change a game like Bobby Manc can. Ah well.
Sadly, we did actually play our game! And it's horrible. Our creative players stay on the bench. How ironic that the masters of defence showed as how to pass and play!

Apparently Southgate had them practicing penalties him and his coaching staff were all there with clipboards making notes who were the best penalty takers and that’s what he went of and why when it came to penalties he said your taking one your taking one! Sorry yep practice pens but when it comes to pens after 120mins look the players in the eye and ask who wants to take a penalty! All the top managers know you can now recreate a pressurised penalty shoot out!
Bang on,expecting a 19 yr old kid to take a penalty before experienced players like Sterling,Shaw and Grealish was a pisstake.
I won't attribute any blame to the 3 who missed,they had the bottle to step up,and deserve huge credit for such character.

On a wider note,Southgate got most things wrong last night.

Semi final Sterling was pelted for winning a Penalty which took England through.

Last night the 3 lads that missed penalties in the shoot out are now be lauded as brave for taking them.

If Sterling missed one he wouldn't be getting the same treatment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.