Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ex Middlesbrough manager isn’t international quality, who’d have thought ?
The worrying bit is that he could still be the best English manager available. Are there any others at the top level?
Dyche, Eddie 'Take ten minutes wasting time at every goal kick and still lose' Howe. Then you have Dean Smith, Graham Potter and the Elephant Man.
Roy Hodgson would be the best option and could be up for it as he's just retired from the heavy day to day involvement of club management. If you were to accept British rather than English there's Brenda at Leicester.
As others have said, we'd have won it had Mancini been in charge, but the media shape the FA agenda and would prefer heroic defeat to winning with a foreign manager. I'm not saying Capello or Sven were particularly brilliant, but were mile ahead of the waistcoat.

Nonsense IMO........but we'll never know because he wasn't brave enough.He should have led by example,like Kane.
Disagree with that one mate. Someone who struggles to
Several posts display the famous arrogance of the English football "fan" who think England has a right to win.

Guess what...

Southgate has built an excellent national team which has gone further than the previous ones in the last five decades.

Italy were the better team and deserved to win.

It's only a game.

JJ
Arrogance to think we’ve got some fantastically talented young players and the football we play is dour? Major nations just happen to be very poor at the moment ( just like traditionally top European sides). We’re getting some of the easiest draws you could wish for but Southgate is stinking the place out and still losing to basically any good side we play. Yes I’m ssaying the German side we hear we’re poor too, just ask Spain or Macedonia.

Snjoy his continued failure

Do you still think Southgate has us playing ‘the city way’?

I told you 4 weeks ago if he comes up against Mancini he’d have him on toast…

Give it up. Southgate isn’t good enough.
He didn’t have him on toast though. It literally took the last penalty for Mancini to better Southgate, in a pot luck penalty shootout. That isn’t having him on toast.

The player who stood out most for me was last night Declan Rice, some of his dribbling and touches were total class even if a few of his runs ended up with an over played ball. The kid has got guts; reminds me of Gareth Barry.

My bin man could manage a team that played the teams we played. Highest ranked team we played until the final was Denmark in 10th. Use some common sense, if you have any.
What a ridiculous and clearly uneducated thing to say. Full of arrogance too.
Southgate hasn’t just done what no other manager has on the pitch, he’s also changed the entire international team set up. No more cliques. Tireless hard work to ensure when they group up, it’s no longer a place where certain players take rank on the club scene. He’s created a club culture and it is obviously coming together.

What a ridiculous and clearly uneducated thing to say. Full of arrogance too.
Southgate hasn’t just done what no other manager has on the pitch, he’s also changed the entire international team set up. No more cliques. Tireless hard work to ensure when they group up, it’s no longer a place where certain players take rank on the club scene. He’s created a club culture and it is obviously coming together.
It’s not coming together because despite playing nobody in two tournaments,
One being at home we haven’t won a bean. It’s not arrogance, before last night the highest ranked team we played was pissing Denmark. It’s no coincidence in both tournaments we’ve lost when played someone half decent. We have some of the best attacking talent in the world but play 7/8 defensive players.

there’s no billy big bollocks anymore, I’ll give you that. He has his favourites like Mount though who has been dreadful every single game. He’s treated Grealish like shit. His in game management is non existent. To be happy with that big fucking idiot says more about you than anything. Not winning tournaments isn’t success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.