Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

Saka had been running for 80 minutes. Foden was fresh legs. Considering we were going to be playing on the break for 10 minutes it was a fucking clueless decision from a clueless manager.
There is literally nothing that Southgate can now do, short of winning a world Cup, that I will change my lowest estimations of his abilities.

Change Southgate to any Manager in the world

Unless you win a major trophy you’ll get slated for whatever reason -
It’s the ultimate poison chalice

Hardly any sides at International level plays consistent attacking great football every match - it doesn’t happen

Sometimes you need to win ugly , that’s what we did tonight (last half hour) and it was a massive result for us

Phillips performance was interesting. When we dominated in the first half, he struggled. As soon as we were on the back foot he was brilliant, especially against 10, constantly breaking play up. The sort of performances he used to put in for Leeds. He’s not a fit for a team that control the game.

Having one of the most successful England managers for us Hammers would be a pretty good coup to be fair - still got faith in Moyesiah for the time being though. But one to note for sure.

I really wish West Ham success but they aren’t going to get it with Moyes or Southgate, two fuckers who’ve won nothing as managers in years of being managers.

I’m guessing the outrage over that sub is he plays for City ?
Southgate did what he thought best to see out the game, by taking off an attacking player for defensive … and yes doing the same thing again with Saka 5 minutes later.
Killing more time.
It was game management and that’s why we managed to hold out with 10 men
You probably won't answer this, but if Moyes was sacked and Southgate was brought in to save your season, you'd be enthused with that?

Phillips performance was interesting. When we dominated in the first half, he struggled. As soon as we were on the back foot he was brilliant, especially against 10, constantly breaking play up. The sort of performances he used to put in for Leeds. He’s not a fit for a team that control the game.
I’m afraid he’s not good enough for England and definitely not good enough for City

Just saw that the England fan with that Maradona flag was also part of the group of Burnley fans who paid for a plane to fly over the Etihad with a "white lives matter" banner trailing behind it. Classy guy.

I read that earlier but later read it was bullshit so not sure. Seems he was from Bolton so probably unlikely to be Burnley but who knows?

He didn’t get in the game either way it seems. Reports that the FA cancelled his ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.