Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

But even at 2-0 up we were bombing forward and missed an open goal.

Sometimes we forget that there’s an actual opposition with nothing to lose and have to go for the jugular, games go like that for all sides and you end up camped for a period of time.
I get that, but its how you deal with it. We deal with it by falling back to 18 yard area and just kicking it back to them. We dont make any tactical changes to get us back on the front foot. Hes happy watching pickford kick it as far away from goal as possible.

I get that, but its how you deal with it. We deal with it by falling back to 18 yard area and just kicking it back to them. We dont make any tactical changes to get us back on the front foot. Hes happy watching pickford kick it as far away from goal as possible.
And once more, for every time it works, there is another time it doesn’t.

But then it is explained as the “players letting Southgate down”.

Who won? Going by these comments england lost I'm guessing? I don't particularly care either I don't watch England games.

England won 2-1, first victory in Italy since 1961 and Kane got his landmark goal to become our highest ever scorer

We played superb first half, goals from Rice and Kane, Grealish missed a open goal which would have killed the game off.

2nd half, Mancini gave Italy a rollicking and they come out fired up and got a goal back

We had to dig deep and run our hearts out and the job become tougher when we went down to 10. Some good game management and subs to see out the game plus hell of a lot of work rate from our boys - that said Italy didn’t really threaten our goal.

Stones, Rice and Kane the standouts

We got a big win.

Change Southgate to any Manager in the world

Unless you win a major trophy you’ll get slated for whatever reason -
It’s the ultimate poison chalice

Hardly any sides at International level plays consistent attacking great football every match - it doesn’t happen

Sometimes you need to win ugly , that’s what we did tonight (last half hour) and it was a massive result for us
Give it a rest. If this was Southgates 1st game you could get away with that approach.
But the guy does not have any kind of plan B in his locker.
Where were you when we were getting beat ugly from winning positions at the business end of tournaments?
Your blind faith in him is as admirable as it is risible.

I read that earlier but later read it was bullshit so not sure. Seems he was from Bolton so probably unlikely to be Burnley but who knows?

He didn’t get in the game either way it seems. Reports that the FA cancelled his ticket.
If the name that's widely available on twitter is correct,he's reportedly from Colne. And got sacked for his part in the plane episode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.