ITK - Why it's possible to know

I think you seem to have missed the point of a supposed ITK Bongo.
Statistically it's a 50/50 call. Someone post saying XYZ is about to sign for City.
There is only two possible outcomes.

Eventually yes. The whole process is not quite as cut and dried as that but in the end, a player signs or he doesn't. My point is merely that ITK's make the forum a more interesting place and it certainly makes the summer months more fun - for me anyway. I get as excited as the next City fan when something gets posted but I try not to get too wound up if it doesn't pan out. That's all. (Now where's my F5 button...? :) )

Every summer people get pieces of info that they're happy to pass on. I was lucky enough to be part of this with the signings of Barry, Lescott and 1 other that the name escapes me all in one summer. Not only did I feel great about the info, I also made quite a bit of money.
The next summer we were after Torres, and when my guy said it was a done deal, I came on here and let everyone know.
Guess what? Torres didn't sign.
I knew that summer that my friends info had been plugged and never repeated anything on here again.
Why is it so hard to comprehend that some people, who are in a far better position that I ever was or will be, will get some info, and why shouldn't they share it? After all, is that what the Internet is for?
Personally I put it down to people taking things a little too serious and jealousy. I also believe the whole Twitter ITK's discredit credible ITK's.
I'm glad I don't get info anymore or that my info was plugged. Either way, we are all City fans and we shouldn't forget where we came from or who we are as fans.
One big family that sticks together through thick and thin. Enjoy the transfer forum for the fun it is. Nothing and nobody will be correct 100% of the time, no matter how much they trust their source.
Have a good day Blues
Sometimes you almost inadvertently create gossip. About 8 years ago I almost did.

I asked a big blue friend of mine in the Australian football media about a rumour (which I think came from a discussion with mates drunk) about whether the rumour was true that marco bresciano was signing for City. Shortly after he was interviewing the scocceroos so he asks Bresc if the rumour was true (thaksin hard just come in) . Bresc said no but it was an exciting rumour and he would ask his agent if there was anything in it.

Anyway a few weeks later bresc is touring the stadium, city have made an offer pending thaksins cash coming in (which didn't) and he has even had a medical . A KFA almost creating an ITK by starting from nothing a series of calls etc.

I think you seem to have missed the point of a supposed ITK Bongo.
Statistically it's a 50/50 call. Someone post saying XYZ is about to sign for City.
There is only two possible outcomes.
But you're taking it at its simplest form. Of course there are only 2 outcomes, or should I say for the average fan(like you and me) there are only 2 outcomes.
For those who work close to the club or in the media in some capacity, wherever that be print/radio or TV there's a little more to it. Chances are over the years these people have acquired contacts within the game and therefore their information is a little bit more reliable than the bloke who mouths off in the pub.
I've been a member of this place for nearly 4 years and browsed for a couple more and in that time I've not read anything that doesn't point to Tolmie, SalfordPaul and one or two others having their ears to the ground and passing on genuine information.
Of course in the time that passes between the info being put on here and any actual signings a lot can happen as transfers are intricate with mouth watering fees involved. Some work out some don't, it's down to the individual reading the posts how much stock they put in what's written on a football forum.

It's not going to happen. Fact.

Have you become ITK?

On this one yes. Fact. Bookmark it and congratulate me when I am proven 100% correct.
I look forward to it.
There are no ITK's on this or any other forum.
What we do have is wannabe, attention seeking, look at me supposed ITK's
If you read the Sun or listen to talkSPORT you know as much as anyone else on here.

Well we know what that makes you then

But you're taking it at its simplest form. Of course there are only 2 outcomes, or should I say for the average fan(like you and me) there are only 2 outcomes.
For those who work close to the club or in the media in some capacity, wherever that be print/radio or TV there's a little more to it. Chances are over the years these people have acquired contacts within the game and therefore their information is a little bit more reliable than the bloke who mouths off in the pub.
I've been a member of this place for nearly 4 years and browsed for a couple more and in that time I've not read anything that doesn't point to Tolmie, SalfordPaul and one or two others having their ears to the ground and passing on genuine information.
Of course in the time that passes between the info being put on here and any actual signings a lot can happen as transfers are intricate with mouth watering fees involved. Some work out some don't, it's down to the individual reading the posts how much stock they put in what's written on a football forum.

I think one or two posters possibly had access to certain information pre takeover but not now.
The club have it buttoned down. No leaks just rumour, speculation and wishful thinking.
Ego over substance.

I think one or two posters possibly had access to certain information pre takeover but not now.
The club have it buttoned down. No leaks just rumour, speculation and wishful thinking.
Ego over substance.
I've no doubts that City are a different beast these days compared to our not so distant past and you're correct that we run a very tight ship in regards to what's released to the press.
I've just no reason to doubt the likes of Tolmie, he doesn't come across as somebody who'd lead a whole football forum on just to appear as he's ITK.

I've no doubts that City are a different beast these days compared to our not so distant past and you're correct that we run a very tight ship in regards to what's released to the press.
I've just no reason to doubt the likes of Tolmie, he doesn't come across as somebody who'd lead a whole football forum on just to appear as he's ITK.

And that is where we shall leave it my friend.
I bid you a good evening.

I am just grateful that anyone who manages to get a decent piece of information, however gained and whether true or not, chooses to share it with the wider Bluemoon community, knowing that in many cases the hounds will be released if things don't quite work out the way the poster heard it. It makes the forum a lot more fun so keep sharing and damn the torpedoes...;)
Damn the torpedoes eh? Good clue Bongo; we're signing tom Petty!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.