It's May, we've finished 6th in the league with no trophy

dctid said:
DTeacher said:
PMSL.

YCNMIU.

Ranerri - need i say more - if a top manager comes available Hughes is gone

When Chelsea were taken over by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich in 2003, Ranieri was given a large transfer fund but also found his job under threat. Days after the takeover Abramovich was spotted meeting with England manager Sven-Göran Eriksson, although the club denied Eriksson would be taking over at the time, these rumours would haunt Ranieri's season. Ranieri spent £120 million on players in the summer of 2003. These signings included Irish winger Damien Duff for a then club record £17 million, English youngsters Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, and Glen Johnson, Argentine pair Juan Sebastián Verón and Hernán Crespo, Frenchman Claude Makélélé and Romanian star Adrian Mutu.

The heavy investment brought the best league placing for the club in 49 years, finishing runners-up in the Premier League to the first side in over a century to go an entire league season unbeaten (Arsenal), a position sufficient to automatically qualify Chelsea for the lucrative group phase of the Champions League. The club also reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. That season also saw Chelsea break some club records for the least number of goals conceded and highest number of points in a season.

If Roman Abramovich was our owner then Mark Hughes would have been gone a long time ago. But he's not. And that's the important bit.

Mr Partridge said:
dctid said:
Ranerri - need i say more - if a top manager comes available Hughes is gone

When Chelsea were taken over by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich in 2003, Ranieri was given a large transfer fund but also found his job under threat. Days after the takeover Abramovich was spotted meeting with England manager Sven-Göran Eriksson, although the club denied Eriksson would be taking over at the time, these rumours would haunt Ranieri's season. Ranieri spent £120 million on players in the summer of 2003. These signings included Irish winger Damien Duff for a then club record £17 million, English youngsters Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, and Glen Johnson, Argentine pair Juan Sebastián Verón and Hernán Crespo, Frenchman Claude Makélélé and Romanian star Adrian Mutu.

The heavy investment brought the best league placing for the club in 49 years, finishing runners-up in the Premier League to the first side in over a century to go an entire league season unbeaten (Arsenal), a position sufficient to automatically qualify Chelsea for the lucrative group phase of the Champions League. The club also reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. That season also saw Chelsea break some club records for the least number of goals conceded and highest number of points in a season.

If Roman Abramovich was our owner then Mark Hughes would have been gone a long time ago. But he's not. And that's the important bit.

All that means is that our owners have more patience but not indefinate patience - if and i repeat IF a world class manager is available and says yes i will come Hughes is gone - the issue at the moment is that no one has said yes YET - its better the devil you know currently nothing more - Hughes aint doing nothing massively wrong BUT he aint covering himself in glory

I'm amazed that Hughes still has the job. 150M Net spend and were 6th.

What a joke.

But the question is who would replace him? Rafa Benitez maybe since I doubt he will stay at liverpool much longer? He has taken liverpool to 2 champions league finals and an Fa cup plus there best title run in 20 odd years with scraps for a transfer budget. There total net spend in the past 5 years is 90M while we have spent 150M in a single season. Maybe if he had this ammount of cash he could turn us in to world beaters?

sam221985 said:
What happens to Hughes now?

He should be sacked!

Qualification for a competition, he assured us all we are better off not being in this season will not do!

He will however tell us all what a great acheivement it is!

dctid said:
All that means is that our owners have more patience but not indefinate patience - if and i repeat IF a world class manager is available and says yes i will come Hughes is gone - the issue at the moment is that no one has said yes YET - its better the devil you know currently nothing more - Hughes aint doing nothing massively wrong BUT he aint covering himself in glory

Know the Sheik well do you?

You certainly like to talk about how he thinks and how he will react to certain situations.

Besides, there are plenty of world class managers available now, and Hughes is still here.

On Sunday Supplement last week they where all in agreement that Hughes will not be there in the summer as there source's are hinting at the owner wants to employ a world class manager and that man is jose mourinho as they see him as a perfect fit for City

I've still got that on Sky+ still and only watched the City segment a few hours ago (I've been busy!). I think your memory is failing you mate, they spoke about what would happen if Hughes didn't finish in the top four or win a trophy. And three of them had different opinions

Quintiple said:
I'm amazed that Hughes still has the job. 150M Net spend and were 6th.

What a joke.

But the question is who would replace him? Rafa Benitez maybe since I doubt he will stay at liverpool much longer? He has taken liverpool to 2 champions league finals and an Fa cup plus there best title run in 20 odd years with scraps for a transfer budget. There total net spend in the past 5 years is 90M while we have spent 150M in a single season. Maybe if he had this ammount of cash he could turn us in to world beaters?

Yeah...Hughes, what a joke, I mean were in the semi's and would have been JOINT THIRD with Arsenal if we had of beaten Bolton. Can't believe he was at fault tactically for making Clattenburg forgetting the offside rule and sending Bellers off for no reason...why would you do this Hughes? How dare he!

YCNMIU, its December for gods sake....get a grip!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.