It's May, we've finished 6th in the league with no trophy

Quintiple said:
I'm amazed that Hughes still has the job. 150M Net spend and were 6th.

What a joke.

But the question is who would replace him? Rafa Benitez maybe since I doubt he will stay at liverpool much longer? He has taken liverpool to 2 champions league finals and an Fa cup plus there best title run in 20 odd years with scraps for a transfer budget. There total net spend in the past 5 years is 90M while we have spent 150M in a single season. Maybe if he had this ammount of cash he could turn us in to world beaters?

First sentence was daft. The bit about Benitez was worse. If you think its harder to knock up a team with 90m in 5 years (thats a steady influx of players to a club alreday in the top 4) than to spend £150m and have less than a fifth of the time to build a team, then you're a plank.

Depends whose available doesn't it? If nobody better is available, I could see Hughes staying even if he finishes 6th. The disruption caused by bringing in a new manager isn't worth it unless that new manager is CLEARLY a better option. If Mourinho's available, I don't care where we finish.

For what possible reason would we want to keep him?

£200million+ to improve from 10th to 6th is an absolute f*ckin joke. But the way we are going, Birmingham will beat us to 6th.

Get rid now and we wont have to worry about the OP scenario.

....except it isn't May so lets wait and see where we actually do finish.

4th is certainly not beyond us if we hit even a slightly better vein of form.

A purple patch could see us surprise a few yet.

dctid said:
sam221985 said:
What happens to Hughes now?

He gone already unless he can pull off a top 4 and a bit of silverwear - even then i still yhink he will be out.
when was the last time city finished in the top four? when was the last time city won anything? and just because we dont qualify for champions league and win something he should be sacked, in replacement for who? the chairmens requirments were a good cup run and finish no less than 6th.

Think about the intricity of his role at the club before posing such ridiculous questions. To fire someone from a job based on such simplicities would be the work of fools and fools aren't worth 500billion or whatever figure you've been quoted, it's more than you could fit in your house so really have a word with yourself.

luke bamford said:
Think about the intricity of his role at the club before posing such ridiculous questions. To fire someone from a job based on such simplicities would be the work of fools and fools aren't worth 500billion or whatever figure you've been quoted, it's more than you could fit in your house so really have a word with yourself.

News for you mate, this is football, not a multi million pound global business.

Results and trophies are all that matters and he will get sacked if he doesnt deliver.

It really is that simple!

blueinsa said:
luke bamford said:

News for you mate, this is football, not a multi million pound global business.

Results and trophies are all that matters and he will get sacked if he doesnt deliver.

It really is that simple!

fair enough i say, i dont want change, i want stability, that all goes out the window though if we dont reach our targets this season, fairs fair though yet another ref cost us the game yesterday, not the players and certainly not hughes.

Technically he has met his target set by the owners.

However, I would be disappointed, this is our year for a trophy, its ours for the taking! I would think that we are capable of finishing 4th aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.