It's May, we've finished 6th in the league with no trophy

de niro said:
blueinsa said:
News for you mate, this is football, not a multi million pound global business.

Results and trophies are all that matters and he will get sacked if he doesnt deliver.

It really is that simple!

fair enough i say, i dont want change, i want stability, that all goes out the window though if we dont reach our targets this season, fairs fair though yet another ref cost us the game yesterday, not the players and certainly not hughes.

Granted the ref had a fucking mare yesterday mate.

Why though didnt we take the game to them like we did with Chelsea?

Why drop Robinho and Ireland?

Why not put them out and tell the lads to go and wipe the floor with them?

Why worry so much about a second bottom club that has lost 5 of the last 6 home games so much that it affects your own selections?

For me, Hughes just does not help himself and im at a loss as to why?

blueinsa said:
de niro said:
fair enough i say, i dont want change, i want stability, that all goes out the window though if we dont reach our targets this season, fairs fair though yet another ref cost us the game yesterday, not the players and certainly not hughes.

Why worry so much about a second bottom club that has lost 5 of the last 6 home games so much that it affects your own selections?

how many people would play robbie v bolton away? not many i bet.
ireland is different, first name after shay on the sheet for me.

de niro said:
blueinsa said:

But we should play Robbie mate. We should be brave and confident enough to impose our style and our game on them. We should play a possesion, passing game and completely out football cloggers like this.

Instead we invite them on, with their long ball, set piece style of football and we cant fucking cope with it!

On paper, how many of that Bolton side yesterday would you have swapped for our's?

Again, stop worrying about the Bolton's of this world and start playing our game, let them worry about us!

blueinsa said:
de niro said:

But we should play Robbie mate. We should be brave and confident enough to impose our style and our game on them. We should play a possesion, passing game and completely out football cloggers like this.

Instead we invite them on, with their long ball, set piece style of football and we cant fucking cope with it!

On paper, how many of that Bolton side yesterday would you have swapped for our's?

Again, stop worrying about the Bolton's of this world and start playing our game, let them worry about us!

Did you watch the match yesterday - because from that description anyone would think you're making this shit up as you go along. We scored three goals yesterday, and played some very good passing football at times.

I understand those who want to criticize Hughes when it's warranted, but to try and hang yesterday's result as having anything to do with mistakes he made is patently ridiculous...

blueinsa said:
de niro said:

Yep. Exactly my thoughts. Bolton were there for the taking, and with Robinho and Ireland on there from the start I'm convinced we'd have taken all three points. Dodgy referee or no dodgy referee.

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:

Did you watch the match yesterday - because from that description anyone would think you're making this shit up as you go along. We scored three goals yesterday, and played some very good passing football at times.

I understand those who want to criticize Hughes when it's warranted, but to try and hang yesterday's result as having anything to do with mistakes he made is patently ridiculous...

I did watch the game Billy and we did score three goals.

What we didnt do though was what i have referred to in my posts. We didnt control the game. We allowed them onto us far to easily b giving up posession far too easily, as we have done all season.

I stand by my views, we should be putting out our team and playing the way we want against the Boltons of this world, instead of dropping arguably our best and potentially, biggest match winner because we are scared of them!

All in my opinion of course Billy.

Sick of people saying 6th is Hughes target - that is boll*cks. Even the players are saying they are after the 4th spot.

Anyone who really believes our owners would be happy with 6th are kidding themselves - Hughes's only chance of keeping his job is to get us in the top 4 and that would mean a significant improvement for the rest of the season as its unlickely that Liverpool will keep playing cr*p once Torres gets back.

The reults previousely mentioned Burnley (City still their only point and scored 3), Bolton (when did they last score 3 against a top 4/6 side), Hull (well they are just rubish) and there are others were we just havcen't played well.

Tell me another team challenging for the top 4 who would go to Bolton and play no attacking central midfielder. Hughes is getting it very wrong against the poorer teams in the league IMO. It has been proven in two many games now that Barry and another defensive midfielder in a 442 do not work yet he keeps trying it.

de niro said:
just out of interest vinny had his worse game for city by a country mile.

Spot on. Lack of match practice maybe? Hope his form recovers, because we'll need him in January.

He stays, simple as. These guys are looking at our club like a business . If you are working for a company and they set you a sales target and at the end of the year you have reached it you wouldn't expect to be sacked, because that's business and this bunch know how to run one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.