Its Not all doom and gloom

blueballoon said:
MCFC97 said:
Todays result was a kick in the teeth but look at arse's and the chavs next two games
Liverpool v Arsenal (12.45pm)

Chelsea v Newcastle United (3pm)

West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea (8pm)

Arsenal v Manchester United (7.45pm)

Chelsea v Everton

Arsenal v Sunderland

Surely a few of these can cause an upset to both all we need is a draw for either of them and we are back where we belong our fixtures over the next 3 weeks look good for us

I beat Chelsea are quaking in their boots at the prospect of playing a Toon who sold their best player (by a country mile) and have Remy suspended, and their best CB is on the treatment table

I thought that when I saw their games. For me that is 3 Chelsea wins with only Everton giving them a game.

On a positive not we have to remember this is Pellegrinis first season in charge, same as Moyes and the same as Mourinho (who has the advantage of having been here before) and our football for the most has been scintilating and a joy to watch. Last night he got it wrong but other than MDM in midfield I'm not sure what other options before the game and without hindsight he had. I'd have put Clichy behind Kolarov but who was there really to partner Yaya in the middle other than going with one upfront but it's easy with hindsight. I'm not sure but have we actually played our best starting 11 once this season?

The gloom though is seriously how the fuck are Arsenal above both us and Chelsea?

Still in with a shout of a quadruple, league cup final round the corner, biggest European tie of our history, 2 points off the top with a better goal difference. Yes it's not all doom and gloom.

In a way I'm heartened. With three first team players out, it took probably the best other team in the league to play their absolute best to beat us. There's still a long way to go.

bluebobom said:
In a way I'm heartened. With three first team players out, it took probably the best other team in the league to play their absolute best to beat us. There's still a long way to go.

Good post.

Another positive is that Chelsea will find it increasingly difficult to play with that intensity every week. We could do with them staying in the CL for as long as possible.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
blueballoon said:
MCFC97 said:
Todays result was a kick in the teeth but look at arse's and the chavs next two games
Liverpool v Arsenal (12.45pm)

Chelsea v Newcastle United (3pm)

West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea (8pm)

Arsenal v Manchester United (7.45pm)

Chelsea v Everton

Arsenal v Sunderland

Surely a few of these can cause an upset to both all we need is a draw for either of them and we are back where we belong our fixtures over the next 3 weeks look good for us

I beat Chelsea are quaking in their boots at the prospect of playing a Toon who sold their best player (by a country mile) and have Remy suspended, and their best CB is on the treatment table

I thought that when I saw their games. For me that is 3 Chelsea wins with only Everton giving them a game.

I know, I feel the same, but Football doesn't work like that, how many people assumed chelsea would beat big Sam, nearly everyone, but they didn't did they. No one gave us a sniff in Munchen, and even less so after 10 minutes.
I'd assume chelsea beat Newcastle, and anything less is a bonus.
Everyone will have CFC as bankers away @ FFC, they will be in for about 2.3 points, but FFC could just upset the form book, it happens

bluebobom said:

Plus a frontman clearly not fit and restricted in movement.

A CD with little game time in recent times playing in a " big game " and a CD with a genuine lack of speed playing in a position that without suitable cover and support was going to be overrun.

That combined with some sub standard performances from a few of our bigger names and you could easily be objective and think Chelsea's performance was not nearly as good as many are suggesting.

The obvious concern we have going forward is getting Ferny back ASAP along with Kun and Samir and avoiding anymore injuries.

It certainly shouldn't be doom and gloom....

After all is this the team that has just equalled the club record of 20 games unbeaten ?

So why can't we go on another 20 game unbeaten run starting this weekend ???

Blue2112 said:
On a positive not we have to remember this is Pellegrinis first season in charge, same as Moyes and the same as Mourinho (who has the advantage of having been here before) and our football for the most has been scintilating and a joy to watch. Last night he got it wrong but other than MDM in midfield I'm not sure what other options before the game and without hindsight he had. I'd have put Clichy behind Kolarov but who was there really to partner Yaya in the middle other than going with one upfront but it's easy with hindsight. I'm not sure but have we actually played our best starting 11 once this season?

The gloom though is seriously how the fuck are Arsenal above both us and Chelsea?

because we frittered points away against teams that we should have beaten

(which you know, and I shouldn't really have to remind you about)

still everything to play for, and starting with Norwich at the weekend - who I wouldn't want to be right now

;o)

-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:29 pm --

Blue Punter said:
bluebobom said:

Good post.

Another positive is that Chelsea will find it increasingly difficult to play with that intensity every week. We could do with them staying in the CL for as long as possible.

& all it will take is an F A Cup fixture with a result to spank last night's affair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.